Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Looking for longer games
posted in Other Games
0 Frags +

I'm looking for recommendations for longer games. I don't mind if it's older or newer. Genre doesn't matter either, though I'm specifically looking for something more focused toward single player. That's all, really. Thank you!

I'm looking for recommendations for longer games. I don't mind if it's older or newer. Genre doesn't matter either, though I'm specifically looking for something more focused toward single player. That's all, really. Thank you!
4 Frags +

Dark Souls

Dark Souls
7 Frags +

any of the fallout games

any of the fallout games
9 Frags +

knights of the old republic

knights of the old republic
1 Frags +

xenoblade

xenoblade
2 Frags +

any jrpg ever

any jrpg ever
2 Frags +

civ 5. glhf

civ 5. glhf
0 Frags +

path of exile is free on steam

path of exile is free on steam
7 Frags +

The best game I've ever played is chrono trigger. It's got a killer soundtrack, a complex and intriguing plot, and has the most original and fresh feel that I"ve ever experienced while playing a game.

The best game I've ever played is chrono trigger. It's got a killer soundtrack, a complex and intriguing plot, and has the most original and fresh feel that I"ve ever experienced while playing a game.
1 Frags +
GrooveThe best game I've ever played is chrono trigger. It's got a killer soundtrack, a complex and intriguing plot, and has the most original and fresh feel that I"ve ever experienced while playing a game.

Chrono trigger is good. If we're going for rpgs I recommend Earthbound and Final Fantasy III (the one on steam. The one for snes is actually ffvi).

[quote=Groove]The best game I've ever played is chrono trigger. It's got a killer soundtrack, a complex and intriguing plot, and has the most original and fresh feel that I"ve ever experienced while playing a game.[/quote]
Chrono trigger is good. If we're going for rpgs I recommend Earthbound and Final Fantasy III (the one on steam. The one for snes is actually ffvi).
-11 Frags +
GrooveThe best game I've ever played is chrono trigger. It's got a killer soundtrack, a complex and intriguing plot, and has the most original and fresh feel that I"ve ever experienced while playing a game.

imo chrono trigger is pretty mediocre.

[quote=Groove]The best game I've ever played is chrono trigger. It's got a killer soundtrack, a complex and intriguing plot, and has the most original and fresh feel that I"ve ever experienced while playing a game.[/quote]
imo chrono trigger is pretty mediocre.
2 Frags +

anachronox if you like older games

anachronox if you like older games
1 Frags +

Persona Series

Persona Series
2 Frags +

If you have an N64 or can get one, Donkey Kong 64

If you have an N64 or can get one, Donkey Kong 64
0 Frags +

The entire Geneforge Series. Completely single play based.

No eye candy, just hours upon hours of enjoyable RPG party building. Has a good story-line and different possible endings based off your actions during the game.

All 5 games for only 30$, it can't be beat for the price.

http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/geneforge/

The entire Geneforge Series. Completely single play based.

No eye candy, just hours upon hours of enjoyable RPG party building. Has a good story-line and different possible endings based off your actions during the game.

All 5 games for only 30$, it can't be beat for the price.

http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/geneforge/
1 Frags +

dragon quest 8

dragon quest 8
1 Frags +
kalhodragon quest 8

I actually just finished getting that. I've never actually beaten it, so I think I'll change that. FF12 will probably be next :)

[quote=kalho]dragon quest 8[/quote]

I actually just finished getting that. I've never actually beaten it, so I think I'll change that. FF12 will probably be next :)
1 Frags +

O my dragon quest 8. Grindcity >:|

O my dragon quest 8. Grindcity >:|
0 Frags +

Divinity: Original Sin. It's now my second most-played game on Steam behind TF2 (at 70+ hours). I haven't even finished it yet either, lol.

Divinity: Original Sin. It's now my second most-played game on Steam behind TF2 (at 70+ hours). I haven't even finished it yet either, lol.
3 Frags +

Unlock and own everything and possible for Runescape

Legitimately the longest game you'll ever "finish".

Unlock and own everything and possible for Runescape

0 Frags +

Earthbound, Skyrim, Fallout, Bioshock, Final fantasy, chrono trigger to name a few

Earthbound, Skyrim, Fallout, Bioshock, Final fantasy, chrono trigger to name a few
0 Frags +

Icewindale 1 and 2. Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. Shogun total war 1 and 2. Dreamfall the longest Journey.

Icewindale 1 and 2. Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. Shogun total war 1 and 2. Dreamfall the longest Journey.
0 Frags +
GoldyUnlock and own everything and possible for Runescape

see but the game will be dead by the time you get into it

[quote=Goldy]Unlock and own everything and possible for Runescape

Legitimately the longest game you'll ever "finish".[/quote]

see but the game will be dead by the time you get into it
0 Frags +

King of Dragon Pass, Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Crusader Kings, Fallout 1 and 2, Baulder's Gate 1 and 2, Ultima, Might and Magic, Wizardry, Darklands.

King of Dragon Pass, Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Crusader Kings, Fallout 1 and 2, Baulder's Gate 1 and 2, Ultima, Might and Magic, Wizardry, Darklands.
0 Frags +

I've seen it here twice, but I'll reiterate: Earthbound. It's a solid, fun, and funny game to play with a few jokes in their that some kids who play wouldn't get. (magic butterfly anybody?) it's also a classic.

It's funny because I read the OP, and I was actually in the middle of playing Earthbound; So I just decided "Fuck it. let's suggest this game."

I've seen it here twice, but I'll reiterate: Earthbound. It's a solid, fun, and funny game to play with a few jokes in their that some kids who play wouldn't get. (magic butterfly anybody?) it's also a classic.

It's funny because I read the OP, and I was actually in the middle of playing Earthbound; So I just decided "Fuck it. let's suggest this game."
0 Frags +

Outcast, Homeworld, Soul Reaver, Black & White, Sacrifice, Dungeon Keeper 2, Myst (series), Fez, Braid

Outcast, Homeworld, Soul Reaver, Black & White, Sacrifice, Dungeon Keeper 2, Myst (series), Fez, Braid
1 Frags +

Earthbound
R U N A W A Y 5
U
N
A
W
A
Y

Earthbound
R U N A W A Y 5
U
N
A
W
A
Y
0 Frags +

Thanks for all the recommendations, dudes. I'll be sure to check some of these out!

Thanks for all the recommendations, dudes. I'll be sure to check some of these out!
0 Frags +
DrJeremyIf you have an N64 or can get one, Donkey Kong 64

fuck beaver bother

[quote=DrJeremy]If you have an N64 or can get one, Donkey Kong 64[/quote]

fuck beaver bother
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.