Upvote Upvoted 32 Downvote Downvoted
1 2 3
TeamFortress.TV Invitational #4 powered by Tt eSPORTS
posted in News
Admirable
September 9, 2014

What does European competitive Team Fortress 2 look like in the aftermath of the incredible, yet ultimately anti-climactic Insomnia 52? After last year’s all-European Grand Final, only Epsilon eSports managed to place in the top four this time around and have since disbanded along with every other EU LAN team. Never had there been such a concentration of elite talent in one tournament, and amongst such a cutthroat field Europe were left wanting.

Cast your mind back to September 2012 when Europeans were trying to come to terms with the ignominy of Insomnia 46’s exclusively North America final. The phantom pains of that public flogging would weigh long and heavy on the mind of Jean Louis Boyer for a full year before his Epsilon super-team would take revenge, but KnOxXx has stepped back from the game this season. So who will guide Europe from the darkness once more? This shall be the first test...

TeamFortress.TV are teaming up with Tt eSPORTS to bring you another high calibre, live-streamed, one-day invite tournament to showcase the best teams playing right now in the dying light of the European summer. All but a few teams remain from the season past and the siren call of ETF2L Season 19 beckons to the faithful from the not too distant future, new rosters gather strength in the shortening days as clandestine alliances are forged in haste before the new Premiership will be confirmed.

Those eight teams deemed worthy by the ETF2L admins will be invited to compete for the affections of a continent and an impressive haul of Tt eSPORTS loot on Sunday 21st September from 15:00CEST / 09:00EDT with TFTV broadcasting the brutal ballet from start to finish. To fuel the bloodlust, Tt eSPORTS have brought us some of their newest product lines. The runners-up will be able to find solace in 6x Tt eSPORTS METALCAPS (5 keys) to pimp out their mechanical keyboards, whilst our glorious champions will get their hands on 6x Tt eSPORTS VERTO Headsets just as they are being released in Europe!

The Tt eSPORTS VERTO Headset - You want it! - click for gallery

Teams must keep their eyes on the prize, because the road to the Grand Final is not an easy one. The tournament structure will be a seeded double elimination bracket with best-of-one rounds on predetermined maps, until the best-of-three Grand Final where the upper bracket winner will have earned the first pick after which loser picks. As per ETF2L rules, 5CP maps will be played over 30 minutes with a mercy rule of win difference 5 and golden cap rounds to settle any drawn games, whilst KOTH maps will be played as first to 3.

Smooth operation will be the order of the day with serveme.tf providing game servers; quite simply the easiest way to borrow a competitively configured TF2 server from a variety of locations around the world, with logs.tf support and STV demos made automatically available. Show your support and donate for extra perks and the warm fuzzy feeling of knowing that all donations are distributed amongst the server administrators who make this incredible free service a reality.

As a precursor to ETF2L Season 19 we will of course be adopting their newly announced whitelist. Don’t come crying to me when that Backburner Pyro and Tomislav Heavy crush your tournament dreams; get yourself up to speed with this beautiful visualisation on whitelist.tf. I think you can expect to see the latest addition to the ETF2L map pool, Logjam, feature prominently in the tournament alongside the more familiar Badlands, Gullywash, Granary, Process, Snakewater and Pro Viaduct.

Which maps will feature in which rounds, the teams and the seeding will all be confirmed in a forthcoming preview article shortly after the ETF2L admins have finalised the divisions on Thursday 18th September. With a glance back at the Season 18 archive we can speculate that GGWP.pro, 4-25, Furbo Pandas and LEGO will likely have their claim to Premiership action honoured, but who will fill the other four positions?

Most prominent amongst the contenders are the newly christened maincall.tf (formerly Arie Meeldijk Gaming) with frighteningly good line-up featuring ipz, WARHURYEAH, Mirelin, Kiler4fun, smzi and Rising; can you say SU-PER-T-EAM?!

Setting themselves up as their main rivals you will find a distinctly Swedish offering with Nordic twist, bk (A.K.A. Ze Knutsson Rollerbladers), composed of Zebbosai, ryb, Herr_P, qnx, Knutsson and zappis -- the last two will be making their off-class debuts as medic and roamer, respectively.

Hopefully that should be just enough to pique your interest for now. Over the next ten days we will be drip feeding you more information about our grand plans for live coverage, interviews, mumble comms and viewer giveaways... I’ve said too much already...

Preview Image Credit: ViewSEPS

-21 Frags +

goddamnit i thought this was an american event oh well it should still be good to watch, fresh and new starts instead of the same thing

goddamnit i thought this was an american event oh well it should still be good to watch, fresh and new starts instead of the same thing
9 Frags +

knutsson <3

knutsson <3
5 Frags +

hype

hype
28 Frags +

interesting picture for the event

http://i.imgur.com/Ttfg61U.png

interesting picture for the event
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Ttfg61U.png[/img]
4 Frags +

^beat me to it

hope we can see more life in etf2l this season

^beat me to it

hope we can see more life in etf2l this season
4 Frags +

Should be fun looking forward to seeing some casts of logjam as well as the team preview

Should be fun looking forward to seeing some casts of logjam as well as the team preview
16 Frags +

where is the return of INFUSED FLUSHY hype????

where is the return of INFUSED FLUSHY hype????
6 Frags +

THE HYPE IS REAL

THE HYPE IS REAL
9 Frags +

Coming in the follow up article. #flushy

Coming in the follow up article. #flushy
0 Frags +

\o/

\o/
5 Frags +

IMO upper bracket winner should pick first and third maps, not first two. This would make it more likely for the match to go 2-1 (which is more exciting to watch) while not effecting the overall result

IMO upper bracket winner should pick first and third maps, not first two. This would make it more likely for the match to go 2-1 (which is more exciting to watch) while not effecting the overall result
1 Frags +
blendtecIMO upper bracket winner should pick first and third maps, not first two. This would make it more likely for the match to go 2-1 (which is more exciting to watch) while not effecting the overall result

It was changed based on previous feedback.

Imagine you are the upper bracket winner and you lose both maps. Then you had only one pick and third is redundant.

Ideally I would like it to be 2x bo3, but this is the compromise.

[quote=blendtec]IMO upper bracket winner should pick first and third maps, not first two. This would make it more likely for the match to go 2-1 (which is more exciting to watch) while not effecting the overall result[/quote]

It was changed based on previous feedback.

Imagine you are the upper bracket winner and you lose both maps. Then you had only one pick and third is redundant.

Ideally I would like it to be 2x bo3, but this is the compromise.
10 Frags +

go knutsson!!!

go knutsson!!!
10 Frags +

I promise to bring my full lanperformance to this.

I promise to bring my full lanperformance to this.
10 Frags +

Easy cup, Easy teams, Easy life.

I win Rollerblades.

Atmo <3

Easy cup, Easy teams, Easy life.

I win Rollerblades.

Atmo <3
5 Frags +

#VÄLFÄRD

GO BK

#VÄLFÄRD

GO BK
3 Frags +

What if upper bracket winner picks the first and then its always losers pick?

What if upper bracket winner picks the first and then its always losers pick?
3 Frags +
kalhoWhat if upper bracket winner picks the first and then its always losers pick?

Yeah that might be a better way!

Edit: Updated it.

[quote=kalho]What if upper bracket winner picks the first and then its always losers pick?[/quote]

Yeah that might be a better way!

Edit: Updated it.
-6 Frags +

Why not do this over two nights instead of one? We won't have players available.

Why not do this over two nights instead of one? We won't have players available.
12 Frags +

Knutsson, if it means anything, you have an American fan. :3 <3

Knutsson, if it means anything, you have an American fan. :3 <3
1 Frags +
WARHURYEAHWhy not do this over two nights instead of one? We won't have players available.

my sis is over friday / saturday / early sunday.

plox don't do this

;(((

[quote=WARHURYEAH]Why not do this over two nights instead of one? We won't have players available.[/quote]

my sis is over friday / saturday / early sunday.

plox don't do this

;(((
6 Frags +
WARHURYEAHWhy not do this over two nights instead of one? We won't have players available.

i can merc, but i will throw against bk (the best team (not that i need to throw for them to win but still))

[quote=WARHURYEAH]Why not do this over two nights instead of one? We won't have players available.[/quote]

i can merc, but i will throw against bk (the best team (not that i need to throw for them to win but still))
6 Frags +
RJKnutsson, if it means anything, you have an American fan. :3 <3

<3 Im ur fan too bro!

[quote=RJ]Knutsson, if it means anything, you have an American fan. :3 <3[/quote]
<3 Im ur fan too bro!
17 Frags +

If you love TF2 you will quit your job :D

If you love TF2 you will quit your job :D
Tt eSPORTS
10 Frags +

2nd place prize:

http://ttesports.com/files/FCKeditor/image/Products/Feature/metalcaps/p2.jpg

2nd place prize:
[img]http://ttesports.com/files/FCKeditor/image/Products/Feature/metalcaps/p2.jpg[/img]
0 Frags +

dis gon' be goood

dis gon' be goood
0 Frags +
defyinteresting picture for the event
http://i.imgur.com/Ttfg61U.png

heh

[quote=defy]interesting picture for the event
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Ttfg61U.png[/img][/quote]
heh
12 Frags +
AdmirableWARHURYEAHWhy not do this over two nights instead of one? We won't have players available.If you love TF2 you will quit your job :D

Subscribe to my twitch channel then. Will snort dorito per sub

[quote=Admirable][quote=WARHURYEAH]Why not do this over two nights instead of one? We won't have players available.[/quote]
If you love TF2 you will quit your job :D[/quote]

Subscribe to my twitch channel then. Will snort dorito per sub
2 Frags +

http://etf2l.org/recruitment/195700/ dm/mge people add me! :D

http://etf2l.org/recruitment/195700/ dm/mge people add me! :D
1 Frags +
Zebbosaihttp://etf2l.org/recruitment/195700/ dm/mge people add me! :D

and qnx?

[quote=Zebbosai]http://etf2l.org/recruitment/195700/ dm/mge people add me! :D[/quote]
and qnx?
1 2 3
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.