Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Cheap laptop recommendations?
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

My grandmother recently asked me to get her a new laptop, but I'm not too knowledgeable about the market.

She doesn't need it for anything other than email, youtube, and general web browsing. The budget isn't large (under $350), but with what it'll be used for I don't think it will be too big of a problem. Still, I'm hoping to pick up something reliable and decently fast.

I considered Chromebooks, but she has pretty much no knowledge of computers so anything other than Windows probably wouldn't work.

Any help would be appreciated!

My grandmother recently asked me to get her a new laptop, but I'm not too knowledgeable about the market.

She doesn't need it for anything other than email, youtube, and general web browsing. The budget isn't large (under $350), but with what it'll be used for I don't think it will be too big of a problem. Still, I'm hoping to pick up something reliable and decently fast.

I considered Chromebooks, but she has pretty much no knowledge of computers so anything other than Windows probably wouldn't work.

Any help would be appreciated!
0 Frags +

http://www.ktgee.net/post/49423737148/thinkpad-guide

http://www.ktgee.net/post/49423737148/thinkpad-guide
0 Frags +

Chromebooks run on Chrome OS.
If your grandmother can use Google Chrome, she can use a Chromebook.

I would also recommend maybe installing Elementary OS or something on an old Thinkpad if a Chromebook isn't your thing.

Chromebooks run on Chrome OS.
If your grandmother can use Google Chrome, she can use a Chromebook.

I would also recommend maybe installing Elementary OS or something on an old Thinkpad if a Chromebook isn't your thing.
0 Frags +

I wouldn't recommend Elementary OS for an old computer, it isn't really smoother than Windows :s

I wouldn't recommend Elementary OS for an old computer, it isn't really smoother than Windows :s
-1 Frags +

Chromebook or iPad are your best bets (with the former being cheaper). Both are bulletproof (in terms of malware), easy to use, and won't require ongoing technical support.

Chromebook or iPad are your best bets (with the former being cheaper). Both are bulletproof (in terms of malware), easy to use, and won't require ongoing technical support.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.