Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
weird glitch with uber binds
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

I was reminded of this when I saw the powah xhair post. For some reason, whenever I uber, the chat bind will go off, and for some reason, "108" will be tacked onto the end. It's not exactly a problem, but it bothers me because I can't figure out why it happens. I can't provide a screen shot now, but you can see it in the chat of this picture. So someone else has this, it can't be just me.

http://gyazo.com/45d8497de71f0e1ac06d38217805db4a

It can't be a bind problem, the bind reads as follows:

bind mouse2 "+attack2; say team **UBER USED**"
I was reminded of this when I saw the powah xhair post. For some reason, whenever I uber, the chat bind will go off, and for some reason, "108" will be tacked onto the end. It's not exactly a problem, but it bothers me because I can't figure out why it happens. I can't provide a screen shot now, but you can see it in the chat of this picture. So someone else has this, it can't be just me.

http://gyazo.com/45d8497de71f0e1ac06d38217805db4a

It can't be a bind problem, the bind reads as follows:

[code]bind mouse2 "+attack2; say team **UBER USED**"[/code]
7 Frags +

Simply terminate the final "say_team" statement with a semicolon, as follows:

bind mouse2 "+attack2; say_team **UBER USED**;"

For whatever reason, having a +command followed by a say/say_team command causes the say string to not get terminated correctly. Adding an explicit semicolon fixes this.

Simply terminate the final "say_team" statement with a semicolon, as follows:
[code]bind mouse2 "+attack2; say_team **UBER USED**;"[/code]

For whatever reason, having a +command followed by a say/say_team command causes the say string to not get terminated correctly. Adding an explicit semicolon fixes this.
5 Frags +

108 is the Source Engine's numeric index for m2, so I'd guess something is causing it to write that to chat as well as the message. If you bind the exact same command to a different key, does it happen then? (eg "**UBER USED** 26" if bound to P)
EDIT: Ninja'd by Lange ;)

108 is the Source Engine's numeric index for m2, so I'd guess something is causing it to write that to chat as well as the message. If you bind the exact same command to a different key, does it happen then? (eg "**UBER USED** 26" if bound to P)
EDIT: Ninja'd by Lange ;)
0 Frags +
LangeSimply terminate the final "say_team" statement with a semicolon, as follows:
bind mouse2 "+attack2; say_team **UBER USED**;"

Interesting, thanks.

[quote=Lange]Simply terminate the final "say_team" statement with a semicolon, as follows:
[code]bind mouse2 "+attack2; say_team **UBER USED**;"[/code]

For whatever reason, having a +command followed by a say/say_team command causes the say string to not get terminated correctly. Adding an explicit semicolon fixes this.[/quote]

Interesting, thanks.
0 Frags +

Afaik, not binding it directly an alias also gets rid of this

Afaik, not binding it directly an alias also gets rid of this
4 Frags +

much better solution that mine.....

bind "mouse2" "+attack2;say_team 101,102,103,UBERED,104,105,106,107"
much better solution that mine.....
[code]bind "mouse2" "+attack2;say_team 101,102,103,UBERED,104,105,106,107"[/code]
1 Frags +
WithADanceNumbermuch better solution that mine.....
bind "mouse2" "+attack2;say_team 101,102,103,UBERED,104,105,106,107"

When I've played with you I had no idea what that was supposed to mean, clever.

[quote=WithADanceNumber]much better solution that mine.....
[code]bind "mouse2" "+attack2;say_team 101,102,103,UBERED,104,105,106,107"[/code][/quote]
When I've played with you I had no idea what that was supposed to mean, clever.
0 Frags +

It could be the encoding of your cfg. Use notepad++ and look at the bottom right you'll see something like "UTF-8 w/o BOM", that's what mine says. If it's not that, change it by clicking Encoding at the top and selecting it.

I don't know if that will fix it, just something I'm guessing because it looks like an encoding issue.

It could be the encoding of your cfg. Use notepad++ and look at the bottom right you'll see something like "UTF-8 w/o BOM", that's what mine says. If it's not that, change it by clicking Encoding at the top and selecting it.

I don't know if that will fix it, just something I'm guessing because it looks like an encoding issue.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.