Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
Desktop icons help?
posted in Off Topic
0 Frags +

Could anyone tell me how to fix some desktop icons looking like http://i.imgur.com/yIEOA8l.jpg ? Started recently the second after reinstalling Microsoft Silverlight.

Could anyone tell me how to fix some desktop icons looking like http://i.imgur.com/yIEOA8l.jpg ? Started recently the second after reinstalling Microsoft Silverlight.
6 Frags +

There are a number of things you can do, but what will probably be the easiest is this. Copy these lines into a notepad window, then save the file as "rebuild.bat" or any other filename ending in .bat.

ie4uinit -ClearIconCache
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
atrrib "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" -rsha
del "%localappdata%\IconCache.db"
shutdown -t 01 -r -f

This will clear the existing icon cache, kill windows explorer, delete the cache file, then reboot your PC. The cache will be rebuilt during the next boot.

There are a number of things you can do, but what will probably be the easiest is this. Copy these lines into a notepad window, then save the file as "rebuild.bat" or any other filename ending in .bat.

ie4uinit -ClearIconCache
shutdown -t 01 -r -f

This will clear the existing icon cache, kill windows explorer, delete the cache file, then reboot your PC. The cache will be rebuilt during the next boot.
0 Frags +
smakersThere are a number of things you can do, but what will probably be the easiest is this. Copy these lines into a notepad window, then save the file as "rebuild.bat" or any other filename ending in .bat.

ie4uinit -ClearIconCache
shutdown -t 01 -r -f

Hmm, it does restart my computer but the icons still look the same?

Edit: I fixed it by throwing the desktop shortcut in the trash, and sending a new shortcut to desktop.

[quote=smakers]There are a number of things you can do, but what will probably be the easiest is this. Copy these lines into a notepad window, then save the file as "rebuild.bat" or any other filename ending in .bat.

ie4uinit -ClearIconCache
shutdown -t 01 -r -f

This will clear the existing icon cache, kill windows explorer, delete the cache file, then reboot your PC. The cache will be rebuilt during the next boot.[/quote]
Hmm, it does restart my computer but the icons still look the same?

Edit: I fixed it by throwing the desktop shortcut in the trash, and sending a new shortcut to desktop.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.