Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Prec still crashes game?
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

So as the title suggests my game still crashes with prec, the new version.

It only crashes when i'm in a competitive match after about 5 minutes of playing my game just stops working. However, when i turn prec off my game doesnt crash at all? Any ideas.

Prec settings:
prec_show_stv_status "0"
prec_check_update "1"
prec_stv_status "0"
prec_notify "1"
prec_log "1"
prec_screens "0"
prec_delete_useless_demo "1"
prec_min_streak "5"
prec_mode "3"
prec_kill_delay "15"
prec_dir "demos"
prec_sound "0"

So as the title suggests my game still crashes with prec, the new version.

It only crashes when i'm in a competitive match after about 5 minutes of playing my game just stops working. However, when i turn prec off my game doesnt crash at all? Any ideas.

Prec settings:
prec_show_stv_status "0"
prec_check_update "1"
prec_stv_status "0"
prec_notify "1"
prec_log "1"
prec_screens "0"
prec_delete_useless_demo "1"
prec_min_streak "5"
prec_mode "3"
prec_kill_delay "15"
prec_dir "demos"
prec_sound "0"
-4 Frags +

You said it only crashes when you play tournament mode matches. However your prec_mode is set to 3 so it records pubs too. Hence, I doubt it's prec that's the issue here.

You said it only crashes when you play tournament mode matches. However your prec_mode is set to 3 so it records pubs too. Hence, I doubt it's prec that's the issue here.
2 Frags +
TwistedYou said it only crashes when you play tournament mode matches. However your prec_mode is set to 3 so it records pubs too. Hence, I doubt it's prec that's the issue here.

Prec is the issue.

zookeyHowever, when i turn prec off my game doesnt crash at all? Any ideas.
[quote=Twisted]You said it only crashes when you play tournament mode matches. However your prec_mode is set to 3 so it records pubs too. Hence, I doubt it's prec that's the issue here.[/quote]

Prec is the issue.
[quote=zookey]However, when i turn prec off my game doesnt crash at all? Any ideas.
[/quote]
0 Frags +

Did you find a solution yet? Because i also have this problem.

Did you find a solution yet? Because i also have this problem.
1 Frags +

You need to use the slightly older version these days, 2.0.5. Valve reverted their changes that broke P-REC, which therefore broke the newer version.

https://bitbucket.org/olegko/p-rec/downloads/PREC2.0.5.zip

You need to use the slightly older version these days, 2.0.5. Valve reverted their changes that broke P-REC, which therefore broke the newer version.

https://bitbucket.org/olegko/p-rec/downloads/PREC2.0.5.zip
1 Frags +

By "new version", what version are you referring to?

I have 2.0.5 installed and is working fine. You may have installed 2.0.6, which is the "newest" version of P-REC, however it crashes. It was introduced after a TF2 patch that broke 2.0.5. Then a subsequent patch broke P-REC version 2.0.6, however, due to the nature of the patch, 2.0.5 now worked again, and should still work.

You can download the working version of P-REC (version 2.0.5) here.

If you already have 2.0.5 downloaded, then I'm not sure what else could be the issue.

You can check what version you are using by opening console as soon as the game launches. It should say it in colored text.

By "new version", what version are you referring to?

I have 2.0.5 installed and is working fine. You may have installed 2.0.6, which is the "newest" version of P-REC, however it crashes. It was introduced after a TF2 patch that broke 2.0.5. Then a subsequent patch broke P-REC version 2.0.6, however, due to the nature of the patch, 2.0.5 now worked again, and should still work.

You can download the working version of P-REC (version 2.0.5) [url=https://bitbucket.org/olegko/p-rec/downloads]here[/url].

If you already have 2.0.5 downloaded, then I'm not sure what else could be the issue.

You can check what version you are using by opening console as soon as the game launches. It should say it in colored text.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.