Upvote Upvoted 0 Downvote Downvoted
Internet Shits out when trying to install games?
posted in Esports
0 Frags +

So basically my tf2 and other steam games uninstalled themselves recently for no apparent reason. When i try to reinstall any game it says i have a crazy long time for it it install then it shuts off my internet. When i stop the download and reset my router the internet works just fine as it usuall would. It started about a week ago and never happened before. Any fix for this, ive tried reinstalled steam changing my downloading region, changing my steam directory, and tried installing various games and the same thing happenes.

So basically my tf2 and other steam games uninstalled themselves recently for no apparent reason. When i try to reinstall any game it says i have a crazy long time for it it install then it shuts off my internet. When i stop the download and reset my router the internet works just fine as it usuall would. It started about a week ago and never happened before. Any fix for this, ive tried reinstalled steam changing my downloading region, changing my steam directory, and tried installing various games and the same thing happenes.
0 Frags +

Probably a virus. Viruses slowing down internet/performance are frequent, it even happened to me before. Try to do a virus scan.

Probably a virus. Viruses slowing down internet/performance are frequent, it even happened to me before. Try to do a virus scan.
-1 Frags +
m0nkeiProbably a virus. Viruses slowing down internet/performance are frequent, it even happened to me before. Try to do a virus scan.

I ran malware bytes run and ccleaner nothing found im geussing its not that :c

[quote=m0nkei]Probably a virus. Viruses slowing down internet/performance are frequent, it even happened to me before. Try to do a virus scan.[/quote]
I ran malware bytes run and ccleaner nothing found im geussing its not that :c
0 Frags +

Do you by chance have a torrent app running? I know it sounds stupid but I've done that for weeks at a time not realizing it was running and had ping spikes / internet problems

Do you by chance have a torrent app running? I know it sounds stupid but I've done that for weeks at a time not realizing it was running and had ping spikes / internet problems
0 Frags +
Red_Do you by chance have a torrent app running? I know it sounds stupid but I've done that for weeks at a time not realizing it was running and had ping spikes / internet problems

Nope nothing else open

[quote=Red_]Do you by chance have a torrent app running? I know it sounds stupid but I've done that for weeks at a time not realizing it was running and had ping spikes / internet problems[/quote]
Nope nothing else open
0 Frags +

Do you live with someone who streams a lot of stuff? If you have bad internet to begin with, someone else watching netflix on the same router will make the internet unusable.

Do you live with someone who streams a lot of stuff? If you have bad internet to begin with, someone else watching netflix on the same router will make the internet unusable.
1 Frags +
HuckDo you live with someone who streams a lot of stuff? If you have bad internet to begin with, someone else watching netflix on the same router will make the internet unusable.

Again nothing else open, no one else using it.

No idea whats going on :c

[quote=Huck]Do you live with someone who streams a lot of stuff? If you have bad internet to begin with, someone else watching netflix on the same router will make the internet unusable.[/quote]
Again nothing else open, no one else using it.

No idea whats going on :c
0 Frags +

Check task manager and see what you can find. I don't really know what's up

Check task manager and see what you can find. I don't really know what's up
0 Frags +

Fixed itself somehow no idea, how thanks for everything.

Fixed itself somehow no idea, how thanks for everything.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.