Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Dual monitor setup issues
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

So I recently got the ASUS VG248QE and it's working great but I wanted to use my old monitor, Samsung SyncMaster T260HD as a second monitor. I have the ASUS plugged into the dual link DVI port and it's working just fine, and I have the SyncMaster connected to the HDMI port from the motherboard, but it won't display anything. I can use the SyncMaster individually, but once I connect it at the same time as the ASUS, windows doesn't detect it and only the ASUS works. I enabled the Dual Monitor setting in the BIOS so i can use both the integrated graphics and the GPU for each monitor respectively but it still won't detect the SyncMaster.

So I recently got the ASUS VG248QE and it's working great but I wanted to use my old monitor, Samsung SyncMaster T260HD as a second monitor. I have the ASUS plugged into the dual link DVI port and it's working just fine, and I have the SyncMaster connected to the HDMI port from the motherboard, but it won't display anything. I can use the SyncMaster individually, but once I connect it at the same time as the ASUS, windows doesn't detect it and only the ASUS works. I enabled the Dual Monitor setting in the BIOS so i can use both the integrated graphics and the GPU for each monitor respectively but it still won't detect the SyncMaster.
0 Frags +

Nevermind, I got it!

Nevermind, I got it!
7 Frags +

post your solution so when someone finds this thread 3 years into the future they'll know how to fix it

post your solution so when someone finds this thread 3 years into the future they'll know how to fix it
4 Frags +

I thought I had downloaded the correct drivers for my second monitor but when I went to the device manager it said "Generic VGA adapter" and it had one of the error signs that meant the correct drivers were not installed for whatever that device was. I clicked on it and let the device manager search for and install the proper drivers by looking online and once it finished doing so, the 2nd monitor suddenly started to work. I'm not sure what that device actually was, because I wasn't using a VGA cable, but I just let device manager update the drivers for me and it worked!

I thought I had downloaded the correct drivers for my second monitor but when I went to the device manager it said "Generic VGA adapter" and it had one of the error signs that meant the correct drivers were not installed for whatever that device was. I clicked on it and let the device manager search for and install the proper drivers by looking online and once it finished doing so, the 2nd monitor suddenly started to work. I'm not sure what that device actually was, because I wasn't using a VGA cable, but I just let device manager update the drivers for me and it worked!
-1 Frags +

Generic VGA adapter" and it had one of the error signs that meant the correct drivers were not installed for whatever that device was. I clicked on it and let the device manager search for and install the proper drivers by looking online and once it finished doing so, the 2nd monitor suddenly started to work....!!!

www.tesking.biz

Generic VGA adapter" and it had one of the error signs that meant the correct drivers were not installed for whatever that device was. I clicked on it and let the device manager search for and install the proper drivers by looking online and once it finished doing so, the 2nd monitor suddenly started to work....!!!

[url=http://www.tesking.biz/]www.tesking.biz[/url]
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.