Upvote Upvoted 10 Downvote Downvoted
TF2 update for 10/1/14
Patch Notes
0 Frags +

SourceMod is broken. Again. Hang in there while the devs develop fixes.

Via HLDS:

Valve- Improved memory usage for Mac clients
- Fixed an exploit that allowed item nametags to go beyond the 40 character limit
- Fixed a bug where reflected rocket explosions from non-stock flamethrowers would cause the flame sound to loop
- tf_teamtalk is now on by default - the dead can talk to the living
- When you mute a player, the mute settings now apply to text chat as well as voice chat. If you want the previous behavior, change convar cl_mute_all_comms to 0.
- More weapon models are now loaded on demand to reduce overall memory usage
- Added "Enable/Disable Auto TeamBalance" votes
- Successful votes will enable/disable team player count balancing
- Use sv_vote_issue_autobalance_allowed to control if this vote is enabled on the server
- Votes not allowed in Mann vs. Machine, Medieval mode, Arena mode, Tournament Mode, or Training
- Updated rd_asteroid
- Increased overtime to 45 seconds
- Added more sound cues when overtime starts
- Dropped reactor cores now blink on the HUD when they are about to return
- Added latest art assets to blue base exterior

Rumor has it:

- Size is ~75 MB

[size=22][b][color=red][u]SourceMod is broken. Again. Hang in there while the devs develop fixes.[/u][/color][/b][/size]

Via [url=https://list.valvesoftware.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/hlds]HLDS[/url]:

[quote=Valve]- Improved memory usage for Mac clients
- Fixed an exploit that allowed item nametags to go beyond the 40 character limit
- Fixed a bug where reflected rocket explosions from non-stock flamethrowers would cause the flame sound to loop
- When you mute a player, the mute settings now apply to text chat as well as voice chat. If you want the previous behavior, change convar cl_mute_all_comms to 0.
- More weapon models are now loaded on demand to reduce overall memory usage
- Added "Enable/Disable Auto TeamBalance" votes
- Use sv_vote_issue_autobalance_allowed to control if this vote is enabled on the server
- Votes not allowed in Mann vs. Machine, Medieval mode, Arena mode, Tournament Mode, or Training
- Updated rd_asteroid
- Increased overtime to 45 seconds
- Added more sound cues when overtime starts
- Dropped reactor cores now blink on the HUD when they are about to return
- Added latest art assets to blue base exterior[/quote]

Rumor has it:

- Size is ~75 MB
7 Frags +
Valve- More weapon models are now loaded on demand to reduce overall memory usage

incoming more stutter issues?

[quote=Valve]
- More weapon models are now loaded on demand to reduce overall memory usage[/quote]
incoming more stutter issues?
10 Frags +
- When you mute a player, the mute settings now apply to text chat as well as voice chat. If you want the previous behavior, change convar cl_mute_all_comms to 0

Finally.

[quote][b]- tf_teamtalk is now on by default - the dead can talk to the living
- When you mute a player, the mute settings now apply to text chat as well as voice chat. If you want the previous behavior, change convar cl_mute_all_comms to 0[/b].[/quote]

Finally.
1 Frags +
Valve- tf_teamtalk is now on by default - the dead can talk to the living

EDIT : FUCK MY LIFE NINJA'D

[quote=Valve]
[b]- tf_teamtalk is now on by default - the dead can talk to the living[/b]
[/quote]

EDIT : FUCK MY LIFE NINJA'D
27 Frags +
Valvethe dead can talk to the living

spoopy

[quote=Valve]the dead can talk to the living[/quote]

spoopy
0 Frags +
wickedplayer494- Added "Enable/Disable Auto TeamBalance" votes
- Votes not allowed in Mann vs. Machine, Medieval mode, Arena mode, Tournament Mode, or

Feels like this could help the whole issue with not being able to vote hackers/aimbotters off a server because you can't switch to their team?

[quote=wickedplayer494]- Added "Enable/Disable Auto TeamBalance" votes
- Votes not allowed in Mann vs. Machine, Medieval mode, Arena mode, Tournament Mode, or [/quote]

Feels like this could help the whole issue with not being able to vote hackers/aimbotters off a server because you can't switch to their team?
8 Frags +

sourcemod broke again holy fuck rip dm

sourcemod broke again holy fuck rip dm
1 Frags +

so I removed prec but and on exec I crash what else is broken

so I removed prec but and on exec I crash what else is broken
-2 Frags +

Which devs are developing fixes? TF2s or the MOD makers?

Which devs are developing fixes? TF2s or the MOD makers?
0 Frags +
Alannyso I removed prec but and on exec I crash what else is broken

probably your hud

[quote=Alanny]so I removed prec but and on exec I crash what else is broken[/quote]

probably your hud
1 Frags +

I literally spent like an hour last night configuring sourcemod to get it how i liked it. ;_;

I literally spent like an hour last night configuring sourcemod to get it how i liked it. ;_;
27 Frags +

New description for the Tipped Lid:

"Tipped to the jauntiest of angles. Helps the noblest of causes. (99 percent of community revenue goes to One Step Camp, a camp program for kids with cancer.)"

Pretty cool that they actually added in what it's for now.

New description for the Tipped Lid:

"Tipped to the jauntiest of angles. Helps the noblest of causes. (99 percent of community revenue goes to One Step Camp, a camp program for kids with cancer.)"

Pretty cool that they actually added in what it's for now.
2 Frags +

so the saxxy was just awarded

so the saxxy was just awarded
0 Frags +

Apparently some props and map elements now have noclipping problems, like the big rock near choke on gullywash second.

Apparently some props and map elements now have noclipping problems, like the big rock near choke on gullywash second.
2 Frags +

that's a common problem suilka, you need to restart the server

that's a common problem suilka, you need to restart the server
0 Frags +

Prec is broken again

Prec is broken again
1 Frags +

Updating to the latest snapshots of sourcemod and metamod fixes servers.

Updating to the latest snapshots of sourcemod and metamod fixes servers.
5 Frags +
ForefatherPrec is broken again

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o515/breeziebanger5/Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpg

[quote=Forefather]Prec is broken again[/quote]

[img]http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o515/breeziebanger5/Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpg[/img]
5 Frags +
ForefatherPrec is broken again

http://etf2l.org/forum/customise/topic-6647/page-70/#post-514263

TL;DR Downgrade to P-REC 2.0.5

[quote=Forefather]Prec is broken again[/quote]

http://etf2l.org/forum/customise/topic-6647/page-70/#post-514263

TL;DR Downgrade to P-REC 2.0.5
1 Frags +
oblaciteUpdating to the latest snapshots of sourcemod and metamod fixes servers.

Can you provide a link? The two I downloaded for the corresponding updates didn't see to fix the issue.

[quote=oblacite]Updating to the latest snapshots of sourcemod and metamod fixes servers.[/quote]

Can you provide a link? The two I downloaded for the corresponding updates didn't see to fix the issue.
2 Frags +
DaMeiNoblaciteUpdating to the latest snapshots of sourcemod and metamod fixes servers.

http://www.sourcemod.net/snapshots.php
http://www.sourcemm.net/snapshots

For Sourcemod, 1.6.3-git4580 and for metamod, 1.11.0-git952.

[quote=DaMeiN][quote=oblacite]Updating to the latest snapshots of sourcemod and metamod fixes servers.[/quote]

Can you provide a link? The two I downloaded for the corresponding updates didn't see to fix the issue.[/quote]

http://www.sourcemod.net/snapshots.php
http://www.sourcemm.net/snapshots

For Sourcemod, 1.6.3-git4580 and for metamod, 1.11.0-git952.
4 Frags +

what about shutter door on badlands. They are completely fucked for me, won't open, open very slow, sometimes won't close but if I fire at them my rocket hits the door.

what about shutter door on badlands. They are completely fucked for me, won't open, open very slow, sometimes won't close but if I fire at them my rocket hits the door.
1 Frags +

3 Frags +
akarinwhat about shutter door on badlands. They are completely fucked for me, won't open, open very slow, sometimes won't close but if I fire at them my rocket hits the door.

I have the same issues with granary shutter doors especially the one from last to 2nd.

[quote=akarin]what about shutter door on badlands. They are completely fucked for me, won't open, open very slow, sometimes won't close but if I fire at them my rocket hits the door.[/quote]
I have the same issues with granary shutter doors especially the one from last to 2nd.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.