Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Spiking Ping
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

My dorm has 6k kids watching Netflix every night so between 5pm-midnight my ping is constant spiking between 50-150ms with 0-20 loss. This leads to rather choppy movement, sounds, warping (especially when other players have higher ping. I was wondering if there would be any way to adjust my interp or net settings to compensate for the ping rollercoaster. If so could I make an exec to toggle when need be and would I have to reconnect to do so?

Here are my current net settings from Chris' Max:
cl_cmdrate 67
cl_interp .033
cl_interp_ratio 1
cl_lagcompensation 1
cl_pred_optimize 2
cl_smooth 0
cl_smoothtime 0.01
cl_updaterate 67
rate 60000
(These are the "Good" settings which I use because a I'm used to them and at other times my ping is stable)

My dorm has 6k kids watching Netflix every night so between 5pm-midnight my ping is constant spiking between 50-150ms with 0-20 loss. This leads to rather choppy movement, sounds, warping (especially when other players have higher ping. [u]I was wondering if there would be any way to adjust my interp or net settings to compensate for the ping rollercoaster[/u]. If so could I make an exec to toggle when need be and would I have to reconnect to do so?

Here are my current net settings from Chris' Max:
cl_cmdrate 67
cl_interp .033
cl_interp_ratio 1
cl_lagcompensation 1
cl_pred_optimize 2
cl_smooth 0
cl_smoothtime 0.01
cl_updaterate 67
rate 60000
(These are the "Good" settings which I use because a I'm used to them and at other times my ping is stable)
4 Frags +

bake the network administrator a cake then ask him to prioritize your mac address

bake the network administrator a cake then ask him to prioritize your mac address
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.