Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
Middle-Earth: Shadows of Mordor (Spoilers?)
posted in Other Games
0 Frags +

I've been playing this game for a few days now and I wanted to get your opinions on it. I'm a bit disappointed in the overall extent of the story. You'd think being based off LOTR it'd have an amazing story line filled with all sorts of twists and turns. I was hoping for something similar to Skyrim with a LOTR base. Reminded me of the movie Eragon. Could've been so good had it been done right.

Now the entire game wasn't completely awful. The concept of controlling the armies, the graphics, voice editing, was all good. The AI was pretty good as well. I just found it to be way too easy after some upgrades and sometimes that's okay for me if the story is keeping me entertained. Problem was as soon as the story was getting good it was over. The ending wasn't even a real fight. I spent hours grinding my character for upgrades all for nothing.

I could've finished much quicker than I had but I wanted to get all the side quests done. Overall i'd give this game about a 5/10 for the concept and graphics but the game could've been done so much better. Of course it's setup for a sequel as well. What'd you guys think?

I've been playing this game for a few days now and I wanted to get your opinions on it. I'm a bit disappointed in the overall extent of the story. You'd think being based off LOTR it'd have an amazing story line filled with all sorts of twists and turns. I was hoping for something similar to Skyrim with a LOTR base. Reminded me of the movie Eragon. Could've been so good had it been done right.

Now the entire game wasn't completely awful. The concept of controlling the armies, the graphics, voice editing, was all good. The AI was pretty good as well. I just found it to be way too easy after some upgrades and sometimes that's okay for me if the story is keeping me entertained. Problem was as soon as the story was getting good it was over. The ending wasn't even a real fight. I spent hours grinding my character for upgrades all for nothing.

I could've finished much quicker than I had but I wanted to get all the side quests done. Overall i'd give this game about a 5/10 for the concept and graphics but the game could've been done so much better. Of course it's setup for a sequel as well. What'd you guys think?
2 Frags +

All of the LOTR games have been average at best, I don't know why you expected this game to be good because of that.

That being said, it was marketed as a sandbox Assassin's Creed/Arkham Asylum knockoff with the addition of the Nemesis system. It's just mindless fun, gets boring pretty quickly.

All of the LOTR games have been average at best, I don't know why you expected this game to be good because of that.

That being said, it was marketed as a sandbox Assassin's Creed/Arkham Asylum knockoff with the addition of the Nemesis system. It's just mindless fun, gets boring pretty quickly.
0 Frags +

the ending wasnt pleasant

the ending wasnt pleasant
0 Frags +

Its based of middle earth, almost everything comes out of middle earth, not really LOTR i guess but thats like a small % of what actually happened in middle earth.

Its based of middle earth, almost everything comes out of middle earth, not really LOTR i guess but thats like a small % of what actually happened in middle earth.
0 Frags +

story is really inaccurate and fanfictionish but its fun

story is really inaccurate and fanfictionish but its fun
0 Frags +
d_bstory is really inaccurate and fanfictionish but its fun

its totally not inaccurate lol

[quote=d_b]story is really inaccurate and fanfictionish but its fun[/quote]

0 Frags +

Have you guys gotten Alien Isolation yet? Contemplating on whether or not to buy it or wait for price to drop.

Have you guys gotten Alien Isolation yet? Contemplating on whether or not to buy it or wait for price to drop.
0 Frags +
DamnEasyd_bstory is really inaccurate and fanfictionish but its fun

is it actually canon?

[quote=DamnEasy][quote=d_b]story is really inaccurate and fanfictionish but its fun[/quote]

its totally not inaccurate lol[/quote]
is it actually canon?
0 Frags +

I really fucking love it!

I really fucking love it!
0 Frags +

The game play is ok but can become very repetitive, the nemesis system is really cool and I enjoy it but the fights are always pretty drawn out and very simple, having said that I'm not really sure what I expected from a game these days. Most of them seem to follow the Assassins Creed vibe.

Overall everything looks really fluid and smooth but you really aren't doing that much.

The game play is ok but can become very repetitive, the nemesis system is really cool and I enjoy it but the fights are always pretty drawn out and very simple, having said that I'm not really sure what I expected from a game these days. Most of them seem to follow the Assassins Creed vibe.

Overall everything looks really fluid and smooth but you really aren't doing that much.
0 Frags +
blinKHave you guys gotten Alien Isolation yet? Contemplating on whether or not to buy it or wait for price to drop.

No, going to get the Evil Within. I hear good things about Alien Isolation though but unfortunately too many other games are going to be better then it.

[quote=blinK]Have you guys gotten Alien Isolation yet? Contemplating on whether or not to buy it or wait for price to drop.[/quote]

No, going to get the Evil Within. I hear good things about Alien Isolation though but unfortunately too many other games are going to be better then it.
0 Frags +

I mean, on the one hand it's completely outside of the LoTR story line. Like what the fuck is a half-wraith? lol.

Anyways yeah, it's just assassins creed bits stacked onto the older Lotr themed beat-em ups, canned, shipped, and sold for 60$.

I mean, on the one hand it's completely outside of the LoTR story line. Like what the fuck is a half-wraith? lol.

Anyways yeah, it's just assassins creed bits stacked onto the older Lotr themed beat-em ups, canned, shipped, and sold for 60$.
0 Frags +

it's more for the true tolkien fans lol most people dont understand what is going on i guess and that is what makes the game so much fun

it's more for the true tolkien fans lol most people dont understand what is going on i guess and that is what makes the game so much fun
0 Frags +
DamnEasyd_bstory is really inaccurate and fanfictionish but its fun

Uh, yea it is.

Also the game was painfully average. It was better than most of the other LOTR games but that's not saying much.

[quote=DamnEasy][quote=d_b]story is really inaccurate and fanfictionish but its fun[/quote]

its totally not inaccurate lol[/quote]
Uh, yea it is.

Also the game was painfully average. It was better than most of the other LOTR games but that's not saying much.
0 Frags +

It suffers from the same thing the Batman and AC games suffer from, and that's getting incredibly repetitive really quickly. But I guess that's what's going to happen when everything important about the game besides the story is modeled in the same fashion as those two series.

I haven't gotten very far into the game, but I'm not really sure I feel like completing it. It's more of a "well, I'm bored. Oh hey, I have this installed, let's play it" kind of a game. So, if you're into those, then there you go.

It suffers from the same thing the Batman and AC games suffer from, and that's getting incredibly repetitive really quickly. But I guess that's what's going to happen when everything important about the game besides the story is modeled in the same fashion as those two series.

I haven't gotten very far into the game, but I'm not really sure I feel like completing it. It's more of a "well, I'm bored. Oh hey, I have this installed, let's play it" kind of a game. So, if you're into those, then there you go.
0 Frags +

I'm going to replay Skyrim to feel once again what a good game is.

BTW anyone get NBA2k15? Haven't played a basketball game since NBA Jam. Curious about it?

I'm going to replay Skyrim to feel once again what a good game is.

BTW anyone get NBA2k15? Haven't played a basketball game since NBA Jam. Curious about it?
1 Frags +

http://youtu.be/6AV9W2ZdmjU?t=13m6s

this video is pretty long, but at 13:10 this streamer shuts off his monitor and just taps buttons and he still does fairly well in a stronghold. the game looked interesting, but damn the combat seems shallow

[youtube]http://youtu.be/6AV9W2ZdmjU?t=13m6s[/youtube]

this video is pretty long, but at 13:10 this streamer shuts off his monitor and just taps buttons and he still does fairly well in a stronghold. the game looked interesting, but damn the combat seems shallow
-1 Frags +

As easy as the combat is, that part in the video is kind of a bad example. You get an ability that allows you endless executions for 20 or 30 seconds. You literally just have to keep pressing F and you'll get a kill as long as there is something to kill by you.

I mean, that doesn't necessarily help the combat system out here, but it's still not the best way to go about it.

As easy as the combat is, that part in the video is kind of a bad example. You get an ability that allows you endless executions for 20 or 30 seconds. You literally just have to keep pressing F and you'll get a kill as long as there is something to kill by you.

I mean, that doesn't necessarily help the combat system out here, but it's still not the best way to go about it.
0 Frags +
kirbyAs easy as the combat is, that part in the video is kind of a bad example. You get an ability that allows you endless executions for 20 or 30 seconds. You literally just have to keep pressing F and you'll get a kill as long as there is something to kill by you.

He seemed to do fine mashing m1 after his endless executions bit finished, even without the monitor.

As for the ability: You actually get two of those. Once you use endless executions, you get the endless stealth finishers. Which also happen to mind control the assholes you do it to, if you choose to.

[quote=kirby]As easy as the combat is, that part in the video is kind of a bad example. You get an ability that allows you endless executions for 20 or 30 seconds. You literally just have to keep pressing F and you'll get a kill as long as there is something to kill by you.

I mean, that doesn't necessarily help the combat system out here, but it's still not the best way to go about it.[/quote]

He seemed to do fine mashing m1 after his endless executions bit finished, even without the monitor.

As for the ability: You actually get two of those. Once you use endless executions, you get the endless stealth finishers. Which also happen to mind control the assholes you do it to, if you choose to.
0 Frags +

the killing is like not what the game is about tho... its more about the story and shit

the killing is like not what the game is about tho... its more about the story and shit
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.