Upvote Upvoted 4 Downvote Downvoted
percy harvin traded to jets
posted in Off Topic
0 Frags +

just recently percy harvin was traded to the jets for a conditional draft pick (2nd - 4th round) percy has 22 rushes, 133 yds and 1 td this season. thoughts on this trade?

just recently percy harvin was traded to the jets for a conditional draft pick (2nd - 4th round) percy has 22 rushes, 133 yds and 1 td this season. thoughts on this trade?
0 Frags +

https://twitter.com/SportsTaxMan/status/523231184114180096

"During #Seahawks reg season career Percy Harvin had 23 catches He made $18.3M (@spotrac) for his efforts that's $795,652 per reception #NFL"

Edit: I suppose this doesn't include the Super Bowl, where he made a pretty big difference. Still, it's an awful lot of money to pay a guy for playing less than 16 total games with your team.

https://twitter.com/SportsTaxMan/status/523231184114180096

"During #Seahawks reg season career Percy Harvin had 23 catches He made $18.3M (@spotrac) for his efforts that's $795,652 per reception #NFL"

Edit: I suppose this doesn't include the Super Bowl, where he made a pretty big difference. Still, it's an awful lot of money to pay a guy for playing less than 16 total games with your team.
2 Frags +

i think the jets have bigger problems than their receiving game

i think the jets have bigger problems than their receiving game
0 Frags +

Semi-on topic: Picking up Chris Johnson in fantasy this year had like MAJOR potential upsides. I seriously though he'd play into the Jets scheme well.

Fucking ZERO points most weeks, but I just can't let him go.. I just have this inkling. Oh well, that's what benches are for. God he's probably done for good. RIP

Semi-on topic: Picking up Chris Johnson in fantasy this year had like MAJOR potential upsides. I seriously though he'd play into the Jets scheme well.

Fucking ZERO points most weeks, but I just can't let him go.. I just have this inkling. Oh well, that's what benches are for. God he's probably done for good. RIP
0 Frags +
cryohi think the jets have bigger problems than their receiving game

I think this is also a good point. They're pretty thin at CB right now and their O-line has been shaky. As it looks now though, I think it works out for the Jets - conditional mid-round pick for him? after what Seattle gave up to get him? And he clearly has talent.

The questions poking around right now are whether this was a locker room issue, an injury issue, or a salary cap hit issue. Not sure what else it could be.

[quote=cryoh]i think the jets have bigger problems than their receiving game[/quote]

I think this is also a good point. They're pretty thin at CB right now and their O-line has been shaky. As it looks now though, I think it works out for the Jets - conditional mid-round pick for him? after what Seattle gave up to get him? And he clearly has talent.

The questions poking around right now are whether this was a locker room issue, an injury issue, or a salary cap hit issue. Not sure what else it could be.
0 Frags +

not to mention qb controversy with geno smith and michael vick. they both arent the best qbs out there

not to mention qb controversy with geno smith and michael vick. they both arent the best qbs out there
2 Frags +

Like the Jets didn't already have enough headaches

Like the Jets didn't already have enough headaches
2 Frags +

Anybody who watched Harvin with the Vikings knows what this guy can do when healthy, I'm shocked the Seahawks gave up on him so soon. I understand this will free up quite a bit by getting rid of a major contract, but they gave up so much to get him in the first place it comes as a huge surprise

Anybody who watched Harvin with the Vikings knows what this guy can do when healthy, I'm shocked the Seahawks gave up on him so soon. I understand this will free up quite a bit by getting rid of a major contract, but they gave up so much to get him in the first place it comes as a huge surprise
0 Frags +

the jets need a good qb not a receiver

rip jets

the jets need a good qb not a receiver

rip jets
0 Frags +

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/percy-harvin-wanted-out-seattle-seahawks/244660

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/percy-harvin-golden-tate-black-eye-russell-wilson/244668

I'm sure the salary cap also factored in the decision.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/percy-harvin-wanted-out-seattle-seahawks/244660

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/percy-harvin-golden-tate-black-eye-russell-wilson/244668

I'm sure the salary cap also factored in the decision.
0 Frags +

As a Seahawks fan, I think it's probably a good trade. Harvin is a good player, but let's be honest, he was injured for all of last season, reportedly has a toxic personality, and in my opinion had too high of a salary cap compared to other players on the team. For a team that prides itself on good chemistry among the players, the personality flaw is a huge dealbreaker. I'm interested to see what fresh talent will come our way with the trade.

As a Seahawks fan, I think it's probably a good trade. Harvin is a good player, but let's be honest, he was injured for all of last season, reportedly has a toxic personality, and in my opinion had too high of a salary cap compared to other players on the team. For a team that prides itself on good chemistry among the players, the personality flaw is a huge dealbreaker. I'm interested to see what fresh talent will come our way with the trade.
9 Frags +

http://i.imgur.com/BgTKEkG.gif

[img]http://i.imgur.com/BgTKEkG.gif[/img]
0 Frags +
BUICKSemi-on topic: Picking up Chris Johnson in fantasy this year had like MAJOR potential upsides. I seriously though he'd play into the Jets scheme well.

this is why I have ivory instead of Johnson

but lacy has done fuck all for me

[quote=BUICK]Semi-on topic: Picking up Chris Johnson in fantasy this year had like MAJOR potential upsides. I seriously though he'd play into the Jets scheme well.

Fucking ZERO points most weeks, but I just can't let him go.. I just have this inkling. Oh well, that's what benches are for. God he's probably done for good. RIP[/quote]
this is why I have ivory instead of Johnson

but lacy has done fuck all for me
0 Frags +

Only player anyone should have on the Jets team is probably Ivory and even he is a shaky rb2 on a week to week basis.

Only player anyone should have on the Jets team is probably Ivory and even he is a shaky rb2 on a week to week basis.
0 Frags +
visitnigOnly player anyone should have on the Jets team is probably Ivory and even he is a shaky rb2 on a week to week basis.

yeah I wouldn't even consider him a viable starting rb2 in most leagues but he's a pretty decent rb2 in my 14 team league

[quote=visitnig]Only player anyone should have on the Jets team is probably Ivory and even he is a shaky rb2 on a week to week basis.[/quote]
yeah I wouldn't even consider him a viable starting rb2 in most leagues but he's a pretty decent rb2 in my 14 team league
0 Frags +

i dont see why the jets dont start vick. it wont be that huge of an improvement but every little bit helps them at this point

i dont see why the jets dont start vick. it wont be that huge of an improvement but every little bit helps them at this point
0 Frags +
Super-i dont see why the jets dont start vick. it wont be that huge of an improvement but every little bit helps them at this point

Vick's just in it for the money, lol he wont make a improvement.

They need a better coach, can't expect Geno Smith to be a Tom Brady in the two years he's been playing.

#rexfiring

[quote=Super-]i dont see why the jets dont start vick. it wont be that huge of an improvement but every little bit helps them at this point[/quote]

Vick's just in it for the money, lol he wont make a improvement.

They need a better coach, can't expect Geno Smith to be a Tom Brady in the two years he's been playing.

#rexfiring
0 Frags +

It was stupid to get Percy Harvin.

It was stupid to get Percy Harvin.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.