Upvote Upvoted 2 Downvote Downvoted
TF2 update for 10/20/14
Patch Notes
0 Frags +

Via HLDS:

Valve- Fixed another exploit that allowed clients to have an out-of-date, corrupt, or modified version of items_game.txt
- Fixed clients not downloading *.dx80.vtx, *.dx90.vtx, and *.sw.vtx files from servers running custom content
- Fixed sv_pure defaulting to -2 instead of 0
- Fixed font issues for Mac clients
- Made the Spellbook Magazine a base action slot item for players to equip and use when playing on a server that uses Halloween Spells
- Fixed not being able to wear Halloween-restricted cosmetic items on Halloween maps outside of the regular Halloween and Fullmoon events
- Halloween spells can now be enabled and controlled on servers via ConVars tf_spells_enabled and tf_player_spell_drop_on_death_rate
- Halloween spells can now be enabled by map authors via HolidayEntity by setting the flag HalloweenSetUsingSpells

Rumor has it:

- Size is ~25 MB

Via [url=https://list.valvesoftware.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/hlds]HLDS[/url]:

[quote=Valve]- Fixed another exploit that allowed clients to have an out-of-date, corrupt, or modified version of items_game.txt
- Fixed clients not downloading *.dx80.vtx, *.dx90.vtx, and *.sw.vtx files from servers running custom content
- Fixed sv_pure defaulting to -2 instead of 0
- Fixed font issues for Mac clients
- Made the Spellbook Magazine a base action slot item for players to equip and use when playing on a server that uses Halloween Spells
- Fixed not being able to wear Halloween-restricted cosmetic items on Halloween maps outside of the regular Halloween and Fullmoon events
- Halloween spells can now be enabled and controlled on servers via ConVars tf_spells_enabled and tf_player_spell_drop_on_death_rate
- Halloween spells can now be enabled by map authors via HolidayEntity by setting the flag HalloweenSetUsingSpells[/quote]

Rumor has it:

- Size is ~25 MB
-2 Frags +

Wow halloween hats yay

Wow halloween hats yay
3 Frags +

im glad i cant cheat anymore but i really hope they remove item restrictions so everyone can know how rich i am again

im glad i cant cheat anymore but i really hope they remove item restrictions so everyone can know how rich i am again
2 Frags +

Is it just me or are servers crashing a lot after this update?

Is it just me or are servers crashing a lot after this update?
0 Frags +

- added more server crashs

Its for everyone

- added more server crashs

Its for everyone
0 Frags +
yak404Is it just me or are servers crashing a lot after this update?

Yet to see a server stay up for over 5 minutes with tournament mode started.

Edit: A patch just released seems to fix the issue.

[quote=yak404]Is it just me or are servers crashing a lot after this update?[/quote]
Yet to see a server stay up for over 5 minutes with tournament mode started.

Edit: A patch just released seems to fix the issue.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.