Upvote Upvoted 0 Downvote Downvoted
1 2
Getting better
0 Frags +

I have got to a point in tf2 where I am extremely confident in my play and aim and yet I still feel like I have plateau. I don't know if it is my computer that is holding me back. Like I am not improving. I just want some tips to taking my game to the next level. Any help will be greatly appreciated

:)

I have got to a point in tf2 where I am extremely confident in my play and aim and yet I still feel like I have plateau. I don't know if it is my computer that is holding me back. Like I am not improving. I just want some tips to taking my game to the next level. Any help will be greatly appreciated

30 Frags +

Play with a real team instead of pugging.

Play with a real team instead of pugging.
-18 Frags +

tf2lobby until your eyes bleed

tf2lobby until your eyes bleed
49 Frags +

it definitely sounds like your computer is the issue, if you want to improve your decisions in-game you're gonna have to drop at least $3000 on a new setup

it definitely sounds like your computer is the issue, if you want to improve your decisions in-game you're gonna have to drop at least $3000 on a new setup
15 Frags +
clorgtf2lobby until your eyes bleed

I feel like that would give me cancer and I would get worse

[quote=clorg]tf2lobby until your eyes bleed[/quote]

-16 Frags +
snowblindit definitely sounds like your computer is the issue, if you want to improve your decisions in-game you're gonna have to drop at least $3000 on a new setup

[quote=snowblind]it definitely sounds like your computer is the issue, if you want to improve your decisions in-game you're gonna have to drop at least $3000 on a new setup[/quote]

2 Frags +
Toastersnowblindit definitely sounds like your computer is the issue, if you want to improve your decisions in-game you're gonna have to drop at least $3000 on a new setup
Yea I think so like I struggle to get over 40 frames anymore at mids when I use to 100+

he's joking but better FPS would help your dm for sure. spend some time working instead of mgeing and you'll improve more when u buy a pc

[quote=Toaster][quote=snowblind]it definitely sounds like your computer is the issue, if you want to improve your decisions in-game you're gonna have to drop at least $3000 on a new setup[/quote]

Yea I think so like I struggle to get over 40 frames anymore at mids when I use to 100+[/quote]

he's joking but better FPS would help your dm for sure. spend some time working instead of mgeing and you'll improve more when u buy a pc
14 Frags +

a new 120hz monitor will take you to invite

a new 120hz monitor will take you to invite
12 Frags +

if it helped gyylglglyglyg get to invite, anything is possible

if it helped gyylglglyglyg get to invite, anything is possible
0 Frags +

1 Frags +

play the game

play the game
2 Frags +
Toasterclorgtf2lobby until your eyes bleed

too late...

[quote=Toaster][quote=clorg]tf2lobby until your eyes bleed[/quote]

I feel like that would give me cancer and I would get worse[/quote]
too late...
-5 Frags +
nonToasterclorgtf2lobby until your eyes bleed
too late...

?

[quote=non][quote=Toaster][quote=clorg]tf2lobby until your eyes bleed[/quote]

I feel like that would give me cancer and I would get worse[/quote]
too late...[/quote]

?
-11 Frags +
bearodactylplay the game

just saying play the game won't change anything. If you keep playing the game and practicing the wrong things playing, you will not get any better. i get so pissed when people say play the game.

[quote=bearodactyl]play the game[/quote]

just saying play the game won't change anything. If you keep playing the game and practicing the wrong things playing, you will not get any better. i get so pissed when people say play the game.
5 Frags +

join a team

join a team
7 Frags +

WELCOME TO THE LOCKED INVITE VIRTUAL PLAZA
PLEASE WAIT FOR YOUR ENLIGHTENMENT™

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY.

WELCOME TO THE LOCKED INVITE VIRTUAL PLAZA

[url=http://fauux.neocities.org/enlightenment.html]PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY.[/url]
31 Frags +
I just want some tips to taking my game to the next level.

http://i.imgur.com/IZgoN.png

[quote] I just want some tips to taking my game to the next level.[/quote]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/IZgoN.png[/img]
0 Frags +
kevWELCOME TO THE LOCKED INVITE VIRTUAL PLAZA

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY.

That sent me through a rollercoaster of emotions; I laughed, I cried, I felt incredible fear of it coming out of the screen and grabbing me, then I laughed again.

[quote=kev]WELCOME TO THE LOCKED INVITE VIRTUAL PLAZA

[url=http://fauux.neocities.org/enlightenment.html]PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY.[/url][/quote]
That sent me through a rollercoaster of emotions; I laughed, I cried, I felt incredible fear of it coming out of the screen and grabbing me, then I laughed again.
8 Frags +
snowblindit definitely sounds like your computer is the issue, if you want to improve your decisions in-game you're gonna have to drop at least $3000 on a new setup

Can confirm, just ordered the new 5k iMac. Hasn't arrived yet but I'm already 300x better

[quote=snowblind]it definitely sounds like your computer is the issue, if you want to improve your decisions in-game you're gonna have to drop at least $3000 on a new setup[/quote]
Can confirm, just ordered the new 5k iMac. Hasn't arrived yet but I'm already 300x better
3 Frags +
Toasterbearodactylplay the game

if you play this game a lot and keep making dumb mistakes over and over again without realizing you need to change something, then you're never going to get good. like ever. good players are good because they know whats effective through experience. the more you play the better you'll become.. then it depends on your individual talent to see how far you can actually go with your game.

[quote=Toaster][quote=bearodactyl]play the game[/quote]

just saying play the game won't change anything. If you keep playing the game and practicing the wrong things playing, you will not get any better. i get so pissed when people say play the game.[/quote]

if you play this game a lot and keep making dumb mistakes over and over again without realizing you need to change something, then you're never going to get good. like ever. good players are good because they know whats effective through experience. the more you play the better you'll become.. then it depends on your individual talent to see how far you can actually go with your game.
1 Frags +

don't blame anything but yourself, the moment you do is the moment you forfeit control over your progression. challenge yourself, calm seas don't make good sailors. don't delude yourself into thinking you've reached the top, there's always one level further.

don't blame anything but yourself, the moment you do is the moment you forfeit control over your progression. challenge yourself, calm seas don't make good sailors. don't delude yourself into thinking you've reached the top, there's always one level further.
2 Frags +

^ What the two above said is about right. The harder and more actively you work at fixing mistakes and actually improving the better you'll do but people tend to improve at different rates, some faster than others. If your aim is solid that's good, but are you making good decisions? Are you playing smart and together with your team? You and your team should watch demos, in slow motion if necessary, and try to understand what works and what doesn't, and why. Getting a mentor to watch demos with from time to time and overall give you a fresh outside perspective can also be very helpful.

^ What the two above said is about right. The harder and more actively you work at fixing mistakes and actually improving the better you'll do but people tend to improve at different rates, some faster than others. If your aim is solid that's good, but are you making good decisions? Are you playing smart and together with your team? You and your team should watch demos, in slow motion if necessary, and try to understand what works and what doesn't, and why. Getting a mentor to watch demos with from time to time and overall give you a fresh outside perspective can also be very helpful.
17 Frags +
Toaster

believe it or not thats how everybody else got good so maybe ur just a fucking retarded 14 year old who needs a new hobby

i wouldnt be surprised if ur still insufferable in mumble

i wouldnt be surprised if nothing is ever ur fault or fair when u die

if ur too dumb to understand how to get better at tf2 thats fine but adamantly claiming that "playing the game" isn't enough to get better and pleading for workarounds and top secret invite tips on how to get better just makes it all the more obvious that u have some kind of developmental issue that the medical community hasnt come up with a term for yet

also hooli and jaguarfiend are both amazing at plateauing and never making any progress so take whatever they say to heart

[quote=Toaster]

just saying play the game won't change anything. If you keep playing the game and practicing the wrong things playing, you will not get any better. i get so pissed when people say play the game.[/quote]

believe it or not thats how everybody else got good so maybe ur just a fucking retarded 14 year old who needs a new hobby

i wouldnt be surprised if ur still insufferable in mumble

i wouldnt be surprised if nothing is ever ur fault or fair when u die

if ur too dumb to understand how to get better at tf2 thats fine but adamantly claiming that "playing the game" isn't enough to get better and pleading for workarounds and top secret invite tips on how to get better just makes it all the more obvious that u have some kind of developmental issue that the medical community hasnt come up with a term for yet

also hooli and jaguarfiend are both amazing at plateauing and never making any progress so take whatever they say to heart
-7 Frags +

Wowee what a cunt. But nothing that is unexpected from mason. You've played in invite so you have a ticket to shit talk anyone that hasn't been in invite. It was easily the worst team invite has seen in a long time, aside from maybe Six Guys Off (poor bastards) but invite nontheless. You're probably right though, my ideas are worthless since I've faced plateus and you, I'm sure, have never experienced any kind of plateu in your life. All bow down before the mighty mason whose opinions matter a lot.

Wowee what a cunt. But nothing that is unexpected from mason. You've played in invite so you have a ticket to shit talk anyone that hasn't been in invite. It was easily the worst team invite has seen in a long time, aside from maybe Six Guys Off (poor bastards) but invite nontheless. You're probably right though, my ideas are worthless since I've faced plateus and you, I'm sure, have never experienced any kind of plateu in your life. All bow down before the mighty mason whose opinions matter a lot.
-6 Frags +

i fucking love masons posts

i fucking love masons posts
13 Frags +

For real though, I wouldn't listen to anyone who scrims low open teams because they're too afraid to lose about advice on improving your game.

For real though, I wouldn't listen to anyone who scrims low open teams because they're too afraid to lose about advice on improving your game.
26 Frags +

jag u have 2400 hours on demo and have been mid open for almost 5 years now

i think the only thing more embarrassing than that is how i can write 10 lines at 5 am and feel ur blood pressure rise through your incredibly bitter posts

also i dont think six guys off ever won any matches against lan teams but its ok at least you tried

as much as people (you) would like to hold on to the idea that us being in invite was a mistake im fairly certain when we were scrimming on a regular basis it was pretty clear that we were at least competitive with the middle of invite

maybe if you could get over urself this cartoon shooter game wouldnt be an incredibly wasteful timesink that u couldnt figure out even with slin-levels of demo review

keep stickytrapping spawns in dm and defending it as "promoting gamesense awareness for everybody"

were done here

jag u have 2400 hours on demo and have been mid open for almost 5 years now

i think the only thing more embarrassing than that is how i can write 10 lines at 5 am and feel ur blood pressure rise through your incredibly bitter posts

also i dont think six guys off ever won any matches against lan teams but its ok at least you tried

as much as people (you) would like to hold on to the idea that us being in invite was a mistake im fairly certain when we were scrimming on a regular basis it was pretty clear that we were at least competitive with the middle of invite

maybe if you could get over urself this cartoon shooter game wouldnt be an incredibly wasteful timesink that u couldnt figure out even with slin-levels of demo review

keep stickytrapping spawns in dm and defending it as "promoting gamesense awareness for everybody"

were done here
-6 Frags +

well now i'm kind of scared about having posted in this thread

well now i'm kind of scared about having posted in this thread
11 Frags +

Hey Kirby, remember when you retired and gave me your bunny ears hat?

Hey Kirby, remember when you retired and gave me your bunny ears hat?
5 Frags +
Toaster I don't know if it is my computer that is holding me back.

Shitty aim with high frames per second is still shitty aim.

[quote=Toaster] I don't know if it is my computer that is holding me back.
:)[/quote]
Shitty aim with high frames per second is still shitty aim.
1 2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.