Upvote Upvoted 14 Downvote Downvoted
1 2 3 4 ⋅⋅ 6
Anyone here bilingual/multilingual?
posted in Off Topic
0 Frags +

As someone who loves learning and studying different languages, I was just wondering how many of you are bi/multilingual!

If you are, what language(s) do you know?
Did you learn in school/college? Or did you grow up with it in your household?

As someone who loves learning and studying different languages, I was just wondering how many of you are bi/multilingual!

If you are, what language(s) do you know?
Did you learn in school/college? Or did you grow up with it in your household?
134 Frags +

Basically everybody here who is not American is bilingual/multilingual.

Basically everybody here who is not American is bilingual/multilingual.
3 Frags +

I know some Spanish from school and some Filipino dialects from just being around my family. They share some words, so that also helps a bit.

I know some Spanish from school and some Filipino dialects from just being around my family. They share some words, so that also helps a bit.
3 Frags +

I know German and Latin, currently studying Spanish. All of which I just learned in school.
Also now I am studying korean, which I am taking in outside of school classes.

I know German and Latin, currently studying Spanish. All of which I just learned in school.
Also now I am studying korean, which I am taking in outside of school classes.
1 Frags +

Dutch, german, bit of french, english

Dutch, german, bit of french, english
0 Frags +

English and Spanish, studying Hebrew

English and Spanish, studying Hebrew
12 Frags +
f_blueBasically everybody here who is not American is bilingual/multilingual.

forgot us

[quote=f_blue]Basically everybody here who is not American is bilingual/multilingual.[/quote]

forgot us
35 Frags +

english and ebonics

english and ebonics
2 Frags +
negasoraEnglish and Spanish, studying Hebrew

I've been interested in learning Hebrew. It's such an old language! And I have a few good Jewish friends that could help me out :)

[quote=negasora]English and Spanish, studying Hebrew[/quote]
I've been interested in learning Hebrew. It's such an old language! And I have a few good Jewish friends that could help me out :)
2 Frags +

Portuguese, english and spanish.
Learned mostly from the internet (except for portuguese ofc).

Portuguese, english and spanish.
Learned mostly from the internet (except for portuguese ofc).
9 Frags +

German and Korean.

I do ESL tutoring for visiting SK professors children. Given the parents are very strict about no Korean spoken during our lessons, but I always find time for the little ones to teach me things. :D

German and Korean.

I do ESL tutoring for visiting SK professors children. Given the parents are very strict about no Korean spoken during our lessons, but I always find time for the little ones to teach me things. :D
1 Frags +

Portuguese , english and french

Portuguese , english and french
1 Frags +

english, french, and spanish

english, french, and spanish
2 Frags +

Born French
Learned English in school but also with videogames. it really helps when you actually talk to people and practice everyday. still bad in english tho. i can understand pretty much anything but i still need more specific vocabulary

Born French
Learned English in school but also with videogames. it really helps when you actually talk to people and practice everyday. still bad in english tho. i can understand pretty much anything but i still need more specific vocabulary
6 Frags +
BUICKGerman and Korean.

I do ESL tutoring for visiting SK professors children. Given, the parents are very strict about no Korean spoken during out lessons, but I always find time for the little ones to teach me things. :D

우와! 한국어를 배우는 것은 재미있는데 진짜진짜 어렵다고 생각해요~
I taught English in Korea for a year and it was great! Korean children are so diligent (for the most part).

[quote=BUICK]German and Korean.

I do ESL tutoring for visiting SK professors children. Given, the parents are very strict about no Korean spoken during out lessons, but I always find time for the little ones to teach me things. :D[/quote]

우와! 한국어를 배우는 것은 재미있는데 진짜진짜 어렵다고 생각해요~
I taught English in Korea for a year and it was great! Korean children are so diligent (for the most part).
3 Frags +

TERY WHERE ARE U

TERY WHERE ARE U
7 Frags +

https://www.duolingo.com/
learn spanish w/ me so I can communicate w/ peruvians in dota

https://www.duolingo.com/
learn spanish w/ me so I can communicate w/ peruvians in dota
4 Frags +

Romanian/English/French

also know latin, but its technically not a language

Romanian/English/French

also know latin, but its technically not a language
5 Frags +

English, Latin, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese and a little bit of ASL

English, Latin, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese and a little bit of ASL
1 Frags +

Fluent in Japanese and know a little bit of Chinese. Mainly learned Japanese from my mom and a Japanese School I went to on Saturdays for about 12 yrs.

Fluent in Japanese and know a little bit of Chinese. Mainly learned Japanese from my mom and a Japanese School I went to on Saturdays for about 12 yrs.
1 Frags +

Fluent in Russian, English, and pretty good in Vietnamese (although I'm natively Vietnamese).

Fluent in Russian, English, and pretty good in Vietnamese (although I'm natively Vietnamese).
0 Frags +

English, French, fair amount of Japanese, some Spanish, and less Mandarin.

English, French, fair amount of Japanese, some Spanish, and less Mandarin.
0 Frags +

English, Turkish, Spanish

English, Turkish, Spanish
2 Frags +

English, French, German and Luxembourgish. (Also did 4 years of Latin but that doesn't really count lol)
Living in Luxembourg, you're kinda forced to learn all the surrounding languages.

English, French, German and Luxembourgish. (Also did 4 years of Latin but that doesn't really count lol)
Living in Luxembourg, you're kinda forced to learn all the surrounding languages.
1 Frags +

Oh a polyglot thread!

I speak Cantonese, Mandarin, and English, along with some basic Korean. Used to know Hakka and Italian but lost the 2 after not using them for a long time.

Oh a polyglot thread!

I speak Cantonese, Mandarin, and English, along with some basic Korean. Used to know Hakka and Italian but lost the 2 after not using them for a long time.
3 Frags +

i kno street spanish

wat language do u guys dream in that topic is always trippy

i kno street spanish

wat language do u guys dream in that topic is always trippy
0 Frags +

Mostly Cantonese. For some reason I have difficulty speaking and reading it fluently, but I can understand it perfectly fine. Same with Mandarin.

Mostly Cantonese. For some reason I have difficulty speaking and reading it fluently, but I can understand it perfectly fine. Same with Mandarin.
1 Frags +

Chinese (Mandarin), English, and a little bit of Spanish.

Chinese (Mandarin), English, and a little bit of Spanish.
0 Frags +

English and Arabic, studying french.

English and Arabic, studying french.
3 Frags +
f_blueBasically everybody here who is not American is bilingual/multilingual.

I have always thought that you have to know a language perfectly (or at least as good as natives) to call yourself bilingual.
If it's not a case then yeah, we are all bilingual/multilingual :)

[quote=f_blue]Basically everybody here who is not American is bilingual/multilingual.[/quote]
I have always thought that you have to know a language perfectly (or at least as good as natives) to call yourself bilingual.
If it's not a case then yeah, we are all bilingual/multilingual :)
1 2 3 4 ⋅⋅ 6
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.