Upvote Upvoted 5 Downvote Downvoted
ESEA S17 Open Playoff Predictions LR4
posted in News
london_calling
October 21, 2014

We are left with only 6 teams left in Open playoffs, as the sorry masses in the lower bracket slowly consume each other until there is only one team standing. The matches for Lower Round 4 will be played on metalworks, and right after such a grindy map like snakewater I bet our four teams are champing at the bit to play a map known for incredibly long games with a last that is relatively easy to push out of with a lot of space to defend.

In case you missed the Upper Bracket Final last night between Sparkle Bunnies and MAD LUXURIOUS because the STV came down with a sudden case of ebola, let me sum up for you. The first half was the longest 30 minutes of anyone's life with a lot of botched transitions after Sparkle Bunnies took one round early in the half. The second round of the match was long and arduous, until at the very end of the half MAD LUXURIOUS was pushing last finally with a decent advantage, only to drop Dingo at the very beginning of the push to Kent, who played a fantastic game last night. Blew and Hero had switched back to their original roles of demo and pocket respectively, and Hero followed suit to take a lot of heals and dish out a lot of damage. Gls spent a lot of time trying to get behind the enemy team, while Oobii racked up frag after frag with her combo. The momentum changed during the second half with Fox coming up sniper and hitting some pretty questionable shots, until the provocation finally paid off and Hero switched over to sniper, who ultimately won the sniper duel. Fox went back to scout, and Mad Luxurious simply pushed into second with equal ubers and put themselves on the board. They would win the next 3 rounds putting them at 4-1, and then threw the charity round over to Sparkle Bunnies, but in the end there wasn't enough time to even tie the game up. Mad Luxurious will be in the Open Grand Final, while Sparkle Bunnies will lick their wounds for a week or two waiting for the survivor of the remaining lower bracket matches, or as I've taken to calling it: the Pit of Despair.

Graveguns Aneurysm vs hii open

• ringo
  • Paul
  • pheLoN
  • Hippopotamus
  • NateRivers
  • PowerMangoes
  • shdwpuppet
  • KhntiJggsh
  • Benroads
  • Kuestif
  • rastsy
  • Prime^

Who would have thought that the 14th seed would make it this far? Hii Open has beaten the odds for sure this post season, eliminating Off Top and American Jerks both 5-2, and taking the forfeit win from airheads. They will be going up against Graveguns Aneurym who have had a week or so to chill back and watch how things have played out. Metalworks will be pretty friendly to Graveguns Aneurysm, and true to form I expect to see some good play from NateRivers and Power_Mangoes as per usual. To be honest, I almost expect this to be a roll just looking at the comparison on paper, but a part of me wonders if Hii Open has the momentum to give up a great game and go down swinging, perhaps even coming away with another upset. Good luck to y'all, but I'm going to say Graveguns Aneurysm takes this one handily 5-1 almost on DM alone.

Players to Watch: NateRivers, Power_Mangoes, Rastsy, Benroads

Kawaii 5-o vs No Johns

• figsy
  • caidh
  • CtrlFMuffin
  • topshot
  • miwo
  • seymour
  • Mahhk
  • Huck
  • Simulate
  • powergamer
  • demoted
  • ex^

Another team I never would have thought to make it this far in, a mere 3 matches away from making it the Grand Final, No Johns had a nailbiting comeback against Hungry Hungry Ogres, who just weren't hungry enough to stop a landslide of rounds to fall into No Johns' lap. Rooks tried his damnedest to keep his team in the game and make some killer plays, but unfortunately during the last round with the score at 4-4, the Ogres got a little too greedy after winning mid and dropped a whole lot of people, eventually getting rolled to last where ex picked up 3 frags to win the game with some textbook cleanup. Can No Johns have a repeat performance against Kawaii 5-o? If seymour and caidh have indeed switched their roles, I actually think No Johns has the chance at an upset on this map. If Seymour is on scout, I don't expect this match to be entirely too close. But what the hell, No Johns has a solid chance at winning this round here, and I won't be surprised to see them pull off the upset. But I still predict a 5-3 win for Kawaii 5-o.

Players to Watch: Huck, Powergamer, Seymour, Caidh, Topshot

0 Frags +

just for you mason.

just for you mason.
8 Frags +

Kuestif to hit 600 dpm and lift his team to the grand finals.

Kuestif to hit 600 dpm and lift his team to the grand finals.
1 Frags +

pls win caidh

pls win caidh
1 Frags +
To be honest, I almost expect this to be a roll just looking at the comparison on paper, but a part of me wonders if Hii Open has the momentum to give up a great game and go down swinging, perhaps even coming away with another upset. Good luck to y’all, but I’m going to say Graveguns Aneurysm takes this one handily 5-1 almost on DM alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUo1PgKksgw

[quote]To be honest, I almost expect this to be a roll just looking at the comparison on paper, but a part of me wonders if Hii Open has the momentum to give up a great game and go down swinging, perhaps even coming away with another upset. Good luck to y’all, but I’m going to say Graveguns Aneurysm takes this one handily 5-1 almost on DM alone.[/quote]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUo1PgKksgw
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.