Upvote Upvoted 25 Downvote Downvoted
Buy a classy shirt for $12; help a 4v4 TF2 event!
0 Frags +

The Winter Battle Royale needs your help!
The WBR is a 64 team, TF2 4v4 tournament, with the goal of introducing players into the competitive scene, and growing the competitive community, a goal that all of us can agree with! We have 300+ signups but now we need to raise some funds to pay for our dedicated machine, and webhosting.

The big difference we provide over other tournaments is we provide all of the servers, staff, and match up players to teams, making this a very enticing event to tons of people!

How will you reach your goal?
Shirts! If we sell just 20 shirts, we'll reach our minimum goal and have enough money to pay for our infrastructure and keep the event growing!

What do the shirts look like?

http://i.imgur.com/72uerMG.jpg

How much?
Shirts are currently $12 and that price includes shipping! The shirts are hanes tagless tees, and won't shrink too much. We used the same kind for our last SBR event and they turned out great! (Sorry Canada, add $12 for Canadian shipping)

The donation ALSO includes a raffle ticket! You don't need to be a registered player in the event, you simply need an account on our website. Once you purchase your shirt, you'll be given a raffle point that can be redeemed for a ticket. We'll have all kinds of goodies to give away and the raffles will start mid November and continue until the end of the event (Feb 2nd).

How long do I have to order a shirt?
To get the $12 discount, you must order by October 25th! After that the price goes up to $15.

How do I know your not scamming me?
This is not our first event, and it won't be our last. Last summer we had the Summer Battle Royale, a 128 player, 32 team event. Watch some highlights from last summers event

We partnered up with Kip, Getawhale, C0ld, Turbo_Cop, Melon, and Blackout Gaming and had an amazing live stream. We sold shirts then, and everyone who ordered them received them on time and as promised! The sales helped us cover our costs and everyone had a blast!

When will I get my shirt?
We estimate it'll be on your doorstep between Nov 11 - Nov 15.

Can I just donate?
Yes you can! View our donation store, which features our shirts, some digital art created and donate generously from our community and staff, and tons of other goodies.

Does your team get paid?
Nope. Our team of 18 are volunteering 100% of their time, including our directors and server techs. 100% of the profits made from shirt sales will go to pay for our bills, and any extra will go toward our next event.

TL;DR
We're having a casual 4v4 tournament for serious prizes like SSD's. In order to pull off this event we need your help to raise some money to help keep our site running, and get our dedicated machine in place to host 256 players! To help raise these funds, we're selling shirts and other digital goodies.

[b]The [url=http://evlbattleroyale.com/]Winter Battle Royale[/url] needs your help![/b]
The WBR is a 64 team, TF2 4v4 tournament, with the goal of introducing players into the competitive scene, and growing the competitive community, a goal that all of us can agree with! We have 300+ signups but now we need to raise some funds to pay for our dedicated machine, and webhosting.

The big difference we provide over other tournaments is we provide all of the servers, staff, and match up players to teams, making this a very enticing event to tons of people!

[b]How will you reach your goal?[/b]
Shirts! If [url=http://evlbattleroyale.com/shop]we sell just 20 shirts[/url], we'll reach our minimum goal and have enough money to pay for our infrastructure and keep the event growing!

[b]What do the shirts look like?[/b]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/72uerMG.jpg[/img]

[b]How much?[/b]
[url=http://evlbattleroyale.com/shop]Shirts are currently $12[/url] and that price includes shipping! The shirts are hanes tagless tees, and won't shrink too much. We used the same kind for our last SBR event and they turned out great! (Sorry Canada, add $12 for Canadian shipping)

The donation ALSO includes a raffle ticket! You don't need to be a registered player in the event, you simply need an account on our website. Once you purchase your shirt, you'll be given a raffle point that can be redeemed for a ticket. We'll have all kinds of goodies to give away and the raffles will start mid November and continue until the end of the event (Feb 2nd).

[b]How long do I have to order a shirt?[/b]
To get the $12 discount, you must order by October 25th! After that the price goes up to $15.

[b]How do I know your not scamming me?[/b]
This is not our first event, and it won't be our last. Last summer we had the Summer Battle Royale, a 128 player, 32 team event. [url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOt_qaupJd4hNrErCq6Pldw-1VXXK5iuO]Watch some highlights from last summers event[/url]

We partnered up with Kip, Getawhale, C0ld, Turbo_Cop, Melon, and Blackout Gaming and had an amazing live stream. We sold shirts then, and everyone who ordered them received them on time and as promised! The sales helped us cover our costs and everyone had a blast!

[b]When will I get my shirt?[/b]
We estimate it'll be on your doorstep between Nov 11 - Nov 15.

[b]Can I just donate?[/b]
[url=http://evlbattleroyale.com/shop]Yes you can![/url] View our donation store, which features our shirts, some digital art created and donate generously from our community and staff, and tons of other goodies.

[b]Does your team get paid?[/b]
Nope. Our team of 18 are volunteering 100% of their time, including our directors and server techs. 100% of the profits made from shirt sales will go to pay for our bills, and any extra will go toward our next event.

[b]TL;DR[/b]
We're having a casual 4v4 tournament for serious prizes like SSD's. In order to pull off this event we need your help to raise some money to help keep our site running, and get our dedicated machine in place to host 256 players! To help raise these funds, we're [url=http://evlbattleroyale.com/shop]selling shirts[/url] and other digital goodies.
7 Frags +

These shirts look amazing and seem like an awesome deal!

For people that have never heard of this group, it's well worth your while to check them out. They came out of basically nowhere this year and ran a very successful 64 team TF2 tournament (their second) which didn't get a ton of attention. Was very good to see a team of people who were hard-working, knew what they were doing and delivered in a big way.

These guys are not all talk - they're legit. The more groups like this we can have in our game, the better.

These shirts look amazing and seem like an awesome deal!

For people that have never heard of this group, it's well worth your while to check them out. They came out of basically nowhere this year and ran a very successful 64 team TF2 tournament (their second) which didn't get a ton of attention. Was very good to see a team of people who were hard-working, knew what they were doing and delivered in a big way.

These guys are not all talk - they're legit. The more groups like this we can have in our game, the better.
4 Frags +

Totally agree with Getawhale. It's up to the community to keep the competitive TF2 scene alive. What better way then helping get new folks into it? There are no more excuses thanks to this fine group of people, this event pairs you up with three current/former competitive players with one brand new guy to the scene. Even if you don't like the idea of 4's you should give this event a look/shot.

Good luck to you folks at EVL Gaming and I hope this event really takes off!

Totally agree with Getawhale. It's up to the community to keep the competitive TF2 scene alive. What better way then helping get new folks into it? There are no more excuses thanks to this fine group of people, this event pairs you up with three current/former competitive players with one brand new guy to the scene. Even if you don't like the idea of 4's you should give this event a look/shot.

Good luck to you folks at EVL Gaming and I hope this event really takes off!
1 Frags +

If you don't mind my asking, why 4s rather than 6s? Good luck on the event by the way, I think it's a great idea.

If you don't mind my asking, why 4s rather than 6s? Good luck on the event by the way, I think it's a great idea.
4 Frags +
QueyhIf you don't mind my asking, why 4s rather than 6s? Good luck on the event by the way, I think it's a great idea.

I'm not part of EVL but I imagine it is because 4s is very beginner friendly while 6s is not. There is so much to learn before even getting started in 6s and since this event is geared towards new players to competitive I don't think they wanted to overwhelm the players. 4s also allows for pretty much any class to be played which players new to comp who are only good at a non 6s class will still be able to have fun.

I suppose the real question is why not HL and I imagine the answer is three-fold. HL teams can be really hard to get together and actually play each other leading to a drawn out tournament with many teams not having all nine players. HL teams require a lot of players and EVL wants this to be a decently large tournament, something you can't do unless 5,000 people sign up. Finally there are also plenty of HL events for new people, not so much for 4s.

[quote=Queyh]If you don't mind my asking, why 4s rather than 6s? Good luck on the event by the way, I think it's a great idea.[/quote]

I'm not part of EVL but I imagine it is because 4s is very beginner friendly while 6s is not. There is so much to learn before even getting started in 6s and since this event is geared towards new players to competitive I don't think they wanted to overwhelm the players. 4s also allows for pretty much any class to be played which players new to comp who are only good at a non 6s class will still be able to have fun.

I suppose the real question is why not HL and I imagine the answer is three-fold. HL teams can be really hard to get together and actually play each other leading to a drawn out tournament with many teams not having all nine players. HL teams require a lot of players and EVL wants this to be a decently large tournament, something you can't do unless 5,000 people sign up. Finally there are also plenty of HL events for new people, not so much for 4s.
0 Frags +

^Hit the nail on the head. That's exactly why we're not rolling with 6s. In the future we may do 4's and 6's. Not sure how well HL would work for with our format. The goal being to help introduce new players into comp TF2, and 4s is way more chillax then 6s or HL.

^Hit the nail on the head. That's exactly why we're not rolling with 6s. In the future we may do 4's and 6's. Not sure how well HL would work for with our format. The goal being to help introduce new players into comp TF2, and 4s is way more chillax then 6s or HL.
2 Frags +

Those t-shirts look amazing. Great work.

Those t-shirts look amazing. Great work.
4 Frags +

I like the shirt because its not obviously a gaming shirt I don't like people knowing my fandoms so good job idk if you did that on purpose but if there are any shirt designers out there never make it obvious that its a gaming shirt kinda like that one froyotech shirt

I like the shirt because its not obviously a gaming shirt I don't like people knowing my fandoms so good job idk if you did that on purpose but if there are any shirt designers out there never make it obvious that its a gaming shirt kinda like that one froyotech shirt
3 Frags +
DougThose t-shirts look amazing. Great work.

Thanks Doug!

runescape_boy_420I like the shirt because its not obviously a gaming shirt I don't like people knowing my fandoms

Shh!! That's our secret marketing plot!

Does it look nice? Check
Can Will we wear it outside in public? Also check!

Also its officially 10/25 and it is the last day to grab a shirt at $12. After today they'll go up to $15

I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed thus far, in all we've sold about 35 shirts (prior to this post we were at 25), and are about $70 away from our goal!

[quote=Doug]Those t-shirts look amazing. Great work.[/quote]
Thanks Doug!

[quote=runescape_boy_420]I like the shirt because its not obviously a gaming shirt I don't like people knowing my fandoms[/quote]
Shh!! That's our secret marketing plot!

Does it look nice? Check
[s]Can[/s] Will we wear it outside in public? Also check!

Also its officially 10/25 and it is the [u]last day[/u] to grab a shirt at $12. After today they'll go up to $15

I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed thus far, in all we've sold about 35 shirts (prior to this post we were at 25), and are about $70 away from our goal!
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.