Upvote Upvoted 19 Downvote Downvoted
1 2
CEVO s6 maps
RGB LAN
0 Frags +

Hey all,

I'm taking over for Lange as the new CEVO Head of Game for TF2. Lange will still be helping us with some server mod stuff, so he'll be around. As we are rolling out all of the TF2 details for the upcoming season very soon, we want to gather some community input on the map pool.

Here is the map pool from last season:

Preseason 1: cp_intermodal_rc3a
Preseason 2: cp_logjam_b1f
Week 1: cp_snakewater_final1
Week 2: cp_process_final
Week 3: cp_granary
Week 4: cp_gullywash_final1
Week 5: cp_badlands
Week 6: cp_metalworks_rc5
Week 7: koth_pro_viaduct_rc4
Week 8: cp_sunshine_rc1a
Week 9: TBA (Professional division only)

To be very clear, this is NOT the map pool for the upcoming season, unless the majority of everyone wants it to be.

***Polls have closed.***

If you have other CEVO questions that aren't related to this thread, please be patient. As I've mentioned, a lot of details will be coming very soon.

===UPDATE===

I was looking for the Granary range to be around 55%-60%, so it looks like we are gonna keep Granary.

• An additional CEVO-P map needs to be added, so I'll add the latest version of cp_logjam (which hyce will be releasing shortly) for CEVO-P because it had the most votes.

• Because Yukon was also close, I'll put Yukon as a preseason map. There's been a lot of discussion over it recently, so I think this will let people really see if they want it for next season.

• Instead of putting up Warmfront so we have two formerly played maps, I'll put in cp_glassworks_rc2, as there have been a lot of buzz about that map and how well it might work in 6v6.

Hey all,

I'm taking over for Lange as the new CEVO Head of Game for TF2. Lange will still be helping us with some server mod stuff, so he'll be around. As we are rolling out all of the TF2 details for the upcoming season very soon, we want to gather some community input on the map pool.

Here is the map pool from [b]last season[/b]:

[i]Preseason 1: cp_intermodal_rc3a
Preseason 2: cp_logjam_b1f
Week 1: cp_snakewater_final1
Week 2: cp_process_final
Week 3: cp_granary
Week 4: cp_gullywash_final1
Week 5: cp_badlands
Week 6: cp_metalworks_rc5
Week 7: koth_pro_viaduct_rc4
Week 8: cp_sunshine_rc1a
Week 9: TBA (Professional division only)[/i]

[b]To be very clear, this is NOT the map pool for the upcoming season, unless the majority of everyone wants it to be.[/b]

***Polls have closed.***

If you have other CEVO questions that aren't related to this thread, please be patient. As I've mentioned, a lot of details will be coming very soon.

===UPDATE===

• [b]I was looking for the Granary range to be around 55%-60%, so it looks like we are gonna keep Granary.[/b]

• An additional CEVO-P map needs to be added, so I'll add the latest version of cp_logjam (which hyce will be releasing shortly) for CEVO-P because it had the most votes.

• Because Yukon was also close, I'll put Yukon as a preseason map. There's been a lot of discussion over it recently, so I think this will let people really see if they want it for next season.

• Instead of putting up Warmfront so we have two formerly played maps, I'll put in cp_glassworks_rc2, as there have been a lot of buzz about that map and how well it might work in 6v6.
2 Frags +

maps are fine

maps are fine
RGB LAN
4 Frags +

If anyone voted within the first ten minutes of this thread's creation, vote again. I messed up the poll, so I created a new one and everything is wonderful now.

If anyone voted within the first ten minutes of this thread's creation, vote again. I messed up the poll, so I created a new one and everything is wonderful now.
CEVO
7 Frags +

Welcome to CEVO TF2 Nick!

Welcome to CEVO TF2 Nick!
-12 Frags +

-sunshine +yukon mlg

-sunshine +yukon mlg
1 Frags +
randomaps are fine
[quote=rando]maps are fine[/quote]
1 Frags +

do we know how the playoffs for this upcoming season will be done? also is there an easier way to do prize pay outs if you have a larger roster than the current way because I've got like 40 emails because of it.
edit: sorry I know this is about maps but I am just curious

do we know how the playoffs for this upcoming season will be done? also is there an easier way to do prize pay outs if you have a larger roster than the current way because I've got like 40 emails because of it.
-6 Frags +

Is open gonna be a shitfest like last season?

Is open gonna be a shitfest like last season?
RGB LAN
3 Frags +
cyzerdo we know how the playoffs for this upcoming season will be done? also is there an easier way to do prize pay outs if you have a larger roster than the current way because I've got like 40 emails because of it.

More info will be released on this over the weekend, I believe.

marketIs open gonna be a shitfest like last season?

If you're referring to the forfeits, then no. Obviously, I can't do anything about teams dying and not showing up for their matches anymore. However, I know that there were a lot of other problems with forfeits last season. I am going to make a great effort to keep any kind of forfeits to a minimum, but please make sure to have good communication through match comms. Otherwise, we have no way of knowing what's going on.

But again, I would prefer to have these kinds of questions in comments when more details are announced over the weekend. We will make a new thread for it.

[quote=cyzer]do we know how the playoffs for this upcoming season will be done? also is there an easier way to do prize pay outs if you have a larger roster than the current way because I've got like 40 emails because of it.
edit: sorry I know this is about maps but I am just curious[/quote]

More info will be released on this over the weekend, I believe.

[quote=market]Is open gonna be a shitfest like last season?[/quote]

If you're referring to the forfeits, then no. Obviously, I can't do anything about teams dying and not showing up for their matches anymore. However, I know that there were a lot of other problems with forfeits last season. I am going to make a great effort to keep any kind of forfeits to a minimum, but please make sure to have good communication through match comms. Otherwise, we have no way of knowing what's going on.

But again, I would prefer to have these kinds of questions in comments when more details are announced over the weekend. We will make a new thread for it.
2 Frags +

u shouldn't make people re play forfeits and then ull already b better than last season

also u should get people to ataully cast cevo o and p games

good luck

u shouldn't make people re play forfeits and then ull already b better than last season

also u should get people to ataully cast cevo o and p games

good luck
eXtelevision
8 Frags +
plobsalso u should get people to ataully cast cevo o and p games

We wanted to cast more last season. There were scheduling difficulties and some other issues on our end. I would be interested in casting once a week on tuesday or wednesday on TF.tv with whomever. I will also try to cast more post-produced games from both divisions.

[quote=plobs]also u should get people to ataully cast cevo o and p games[/quote]

We wanted to cast more last season. There were scheduling difficulties and some other issues on our end. I would be interested in casting once a week on tuesday or wednesday on TF.tv with whomever. I will also try to cast more post-produced games from both divisions.
cp_sunshine, cp_cardinal
10 Frags +

Also keep in mind that cp_sunshine is still in development:
http://teamfortress.tv/thread/11931/cp-sunshine-5cp

If you have any issues with the map, feel free to bring them up in that thread (or add me on Steam) and I'll work my darndest to fix em.

Also keep in mind that cp_sunshine is still in development:
http://teamfortress.tv/thread/11931/cp-sunshine-5cp

If you have any issues with the map, feel free to bring them up in that thread (or add me on Steam) and I'll work my darndest to fix em.
2 Frags +

How was Yukon during GXL?

Could it be a possible replacement map for something in the pool?

How was Yukon during GXL?

3 Frags +
kaiserRegHow was Yukon during GXL?

wasnt played

[quote=kaiserReg]How was Yukon during GXL?

Could it be a possible replacement map for something in the pool?[/quote]
wasnt played
RGB LAN
3 Frags +
ChinGookaiserRegHow was Yukon during GXL?

wasnt played

Yes it was, a few different times. I know a few matches happened on them (I think about twice in group stage and twice in early double elimination), as well as elevate and mix^ scrimming on it Saturday afternoon. I didn't watch any of them, but I think one of them was a quick 5-0 roll in the first round of double elimination with froyotech playing it.

I don't want to give too much personal opinion on any maps, considering all of this is up to the community and not me, but I still think Yukon can be a decent map.

[quote=ChinGoo][quote=kaiserReg]How was Yukon during GXL?

wasnt played[/quote]

Yes it was, a few different times. I know a few matches happened on them (I think about twice in group stage and twice in early double elimination), as well as elevate and mix^ scrimming on it Saturday afternoon. I didn't watch any of them, but I think one of them was a quick 5-0 roll in the first round of double elimination with froyotech playing it.

I don't want to give too much personal opinion on any maps, considering all of this is up to the community and not me, but I still think Yukon can be a decent map.
RGB LAN
3 Frags +

Final poll to vote out Granary or Sunshine (or to keep both) in CEVO s6 map rotation: http://strawpoll.me/2857623

Please suggest maps to replace Granary or Sunshine in the event that one of these maps get taken out.

If Granary or Sunshine get the most votes, then I will take input for potential replacements, and have one more poll to decide which replacement map will fill the void.

[b]Final poll to vote out Granary or Sunshine (or to keep both) in CEVO s6 map rotation: http://strawpoll.me/2857623[/b]

Please suggest maps to replace Granary or Sunshine in the event that one of these maps get taken out.

If Granary or Sunshine get the most votes, then I will take input for potential replacements, and have one more poll to decide which replacement map will fill the void.
1 Frags +
TheFragileChinGookaiserRegHow was Yukon during GXL?

wasnt played

oh huh nvm then

[quote=TheFragile][quote=ChinGoo][quote=kaiserReg]How was Yukon during GXL?

wasnt played[/quote]

I don't want to give too much personal opinion on any maps, considering all of this is up to the community and not me, but I still think Yukon can be a decent map.[/quote]
oh huh nvm then
15 Frags +

It would be weird to have the first season without granary after like 6 years of 6v6

It would be weird to have the first season without granary after like 6 years of 6v6
2 Frags +

what map would replace the map that gets kicked out? Are any new maps ready yet?

what map would replace the map that gets kicked out? Are any new maps ready yet?
0 Frags +
TurinIt would be weird to have the first season without granary after like 6 years of 6v6

but... it's not badlands

(sorry)

But seriously, I'd like to see Granary get replaced. Not because it's a bad map, it's just become a little stale and hasn't aged as well as other maps. Depends on what would replace it, though.

Is it a bad idea to include the voted-out map in the map poll?

[quote=Turin]It would be weird to have the first season without granary after like 6 years of 6v6[/quote]
but... it's not badlands

(sorry)

But seriously, I'd like to see Granary get replaced. Not because it's a bad map, it's just become a little stale and hasn't aged as well as other maps. Depends on what would replace it, though.

Is it a bad idea to include the voted-out map in the map poll?
1 Frags +
Kaptan_kulwhat map would replace the map that gets kicked out? Are any new maps ready yet?

Logjam is proving to need a few things after the complaints in ETF2L so far- so count me out.

Unless you want to give it a try as long as you don't bite it's head off when it isn't perfect.

[quote=Kaptan_kul]what map would replace the map that gets kicked out? Are any new maps ready yet?[/quote]

Logjam is proving to need a few things after the complaints in ETF2L so far- so count me out.

Unless you want to give it a try as long as you don't bite it's head off when it isn't perfect.
RGB LAN
1 Frags +

Make sure to post more map suggestions, everyone. :]

Lucrative also mentioned cp_glassworks_rc2, which looks pretty cool with rc2 coming from b4nny's input.

Make sure to post more map suggestions, everyone. :]

Lucrative also mentioned [url=http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=21433]cp_glassworks_rc2[/url], which looks pretty cool with rc2 coming from b4nny's input.
2 Frags +

I propose koth_sandstone to be added. It's been getting a lot of love recently by competitive and i'd love to see it be given a chance for players to experience it in the league.

Thread: http://teamfortress.tv/thread/16114/koth-sandstone

http://i.imgur.com/MAA22gj.jpg

I propose koth_sandstone to be added. It's been getting a lot of love recently by competitive and i'd love to see it be given a chance for players to experience it in the league.

Thread: http://teamfortress.tv/thread/16114/koth-sandstone

[img]http://i.imgur.com/MAA22gj.jpg[/img]
0 Frags +

There is always the terrible map warmerfront that has not really changed much since it was the pre season map like 3 seasons ago.

Thread

There is always the terrible map warmerfront that has not really changed much since it was the pre season map like 3 seasons ago.

[url=http://teamfortress.tv/thread/11032/cp-warmerfront/?page=5]Thread[/url]
0 Frags +
HyceUnless you want to give it a try as long as you don't bite it's head off when it isn't perfect.

That's what we do best though

Edit: Not sure if I'm liking how this uses strawpoll...

[quote=Hyce]Unless you want to give it a try as long as you don't bite it's head off when it isn't perfect.[/quote]
That's what we do best though

Edit: Not sure if I'm liking how this uses strawpoll...
RGB LAN
0 Frags +
hookyEdit: Not sure if I'm liking how this uses strawpoll...

I just wanted to get a quick feel on how everyone felt with the current maps. It didn't have to be a super formal process or anything. I could have thrown a poll up on CEVO, but anyone can make a registered account and vote, so it wouldn't have weeded out too many votes that didn't belong (if that's what you were worried about).

[quote=hooky]
Edit: Not sure if I'm liking how this uses strawpoll...[/quote]

I just wanted to get a quick feel on how everyone felt with the current maps. It didn't have to be a super formal process or anything. I could have thrown a poll up on CEVO, but anyone can make a registered account and vote, so it wouldn't have weeded out too many votes that didn't belong (if that's what you were worried about).
0 Frags +
TheFragilehookyEdit: Not sure if I'm liking how this uses strawpoll...

Yeah, that's what I was mostly worried about. I guess this is better than having a map poll on the CEVO or ESEA website as it's not likely anyone outside of TF2 will vote.

So I guess Granary is out then?

[quote=TheFragile][quote=hooky]
Edit: Not sure if I'm liking how this uses strawpoll...[/quote]

I just wanted to get a quick feel on how everyone felt with the current maps. It didn't have to be a super formal process or anything. I could have thrown a poll up on CEVO, but anyone can make a registered account and vote, so it wouldn't have weeded out too many votes that didn't belong (if that's what you were worried about).[/quote]
Yeah, that's what I was mostly worried about. I guess this is better than having a map poll on the CEVO or ESEA website as it's not likely anyone outside of TF2 will vote.

So I guess Granary is out then?
-1 Frags +

gran is such a part of the game
sort of late kick it out of the game

its not great with stalemates and whatever but i guess someone could try to change it or live with it

u should get a few decent maps b4 trying to kick out a oldie like gran
personally id prefer getting rid of sunshine and getting a better replacement

warmerfront
yukon
??

those are the only two proven possible replacements

gpit would also be cool

gran is such a part of the game
sort of late kick it out of the game

its not great with stalemates and whatever but i guess someone could try to change it or live with it

u should get a few decent maps b4 trying to kick out a oldie like gran
personally id prefer getting rid of sunshine and getting a better replacement

warmerfront
yukon
??

those are the only two proven possible replacements

gpit would also be cool
-2 Frags +

It seems like for adding in maps there is

Bringing back established maps

cp_yukon
cp_warmerfront
koth_ashville/coalplant
cp_gpit
cp_freight
cp_fastlane
ctf_turbine_pro
koth_arctic

Adding in new

cp_logjam
koth_sandstone
Koth_highpass
cp_glassworks (interesting ideas but pretty clearly meant for HL and/or pubs)
koth_ramjam (same as above)

Note: These lists ARE NOT my personal opinion. This is just a list of maps that have had decent reception or interest. A lot of the old maps are only put on there because of the whole talk with Yukon for GXL. My honest opinion would be against any of those maps coming back, but the arguments that people used for Yukon applies to all of those so hey, what do I know. Also, for new maps I only listed ones that are in fairly finished states and seem to be still receiving support from the map creators. There are a lot of cool ideas sitting there in the maps section of the forums that just never got traction. RIP cp_convolve and koth_grizzly.

It seems like for adding in maps there is

[b]Bringing back established maps[/b]

cp_yukon
cp_warmerfront
koth_ashville/coalplant
cp_gpit
cp_freight
cp_fastlane
ctf_turbine_pro
koth_arctic

[b]Adding in new[/b]

cp_logjam
koth_sandstone
Koth_highpass
cp_glassworks (interesting ideas but pretty clearly meant for HL and/or pubs)
koth_ramjam (same as above)

Note: These lists ARE NOT my personal opinion. This is just a list of maps that have had decent reception or interest. A lot of the old maps are only put on there because of the whole talk with Yukon for GXL. My honest opinion would be against any of those maps coming back, but the arguments that people used for Yukon applies to all of those so hey, what do I know. Also, for new maps I only listed ones that are in fairly finished states and seem to be still receiving support from the map creators. There are a lot of cool ideas sitting there in the maps section of the forums that just never got traction. RIP cp_convolve and koth_grizzly.
RGB LAN
2 Frags +

Granary got the most votes to be voted out, so here's the final poll on the potential replacements or if Granary will stay: http://strawpoll.me/2868931 (if you voted in the first five minutes of me making this post, vote again. Had to recreate the poll again)

Granary would need an overwhelming majority to stay if it's clear the replacements aren't a good fit in place of Granary. Voting will end on tomorrow night (Monday).

cp_yukon

http://www.tfportal.de/gfx/screenshots/tf2/cp_yukon_03.jpg

cp_warmfront

http://ladder.tf2.co.za/maps/screenshots/warmfront/1.jpg

cp_intermodal_g1f

http://i.imgur.com/AdSXlsq.jpg

cp_logjam_b10

http://i.imgur.com/zUnhcvc.jpg

koth_sandstone_pro_B8d

http://i.imgur.com/MAA22gj.jpg

Granary got the most votes to be voted out, so here's the final poll on the potential replacements or if Granary will stay: http://strawpoll.me/2868931 [size=10](if you voted in the first five minutes of me making this post, vote again. Had to recreate the poll again)[/size]

Granary would need an overwhelming majority to stay if it's clear the replacements aren't a good fit in place of Granary. Voting will end on tomorrow night (Monday).

cp_yukon
[img]http://www.tfportal.de/gfx/screenshots/tf2/cp_yukon_03.jpg[/img]

cp_warmfront
[img]http://ladder.tf2.co.za/maps/screenshots/warmfront/1.jpg[/img]

cp_intermodal_g1f
[img]http://i.imgur.com/AdSXlsq.jpg[/img]

cp_logjam_b10
[img]http://i.imgur.com/zUnhcvc.jpg[/img]

koth_sandstone_pro_B8d
[img]http://i.imgur.com/MAA22gj.jpg[/img]
1 2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.