Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
BenQ XL2411Z
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

Hate to post this in its own thread but I tried the 120hz monitor thread and got no reply unfortunately so hopefully this will spark an answer.

I'm wanting to buy this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-XL2411Z-24-inch-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00HZF2JWA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413302368&sr=8-1&keywords=XL2411Z

But i dont know which version of the model to get. For example there's one version for £132 (2 HDMI ports and speakers) while another version is £290 (2 HDMI ports, S-Switch, DP and speakers). I just don't know what the difference between these versions (and what DP is?) and which version should I get for gaming? Considering all I want to do is play in 144hz.
After all if I'm going to do it, I want to do it right.

tl;dr what version of the BenQ XL2411Z is best for gaming?

Hate to post this in its own thread but I tried the 120hz monitor thread and got no reply unfortunately so hopefully this will spark an answer.

I'm wanting to buy this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-XL2411Z-24-inch-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00HZF2JWA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413302368&sr=8-1&keywords=XL2411Z

But i dont know which version of the model to get. For example there's one version for £132 (2 HDMI ports and speakers) while another version is £290 (2 HDMI ports, S-Switch, DP and speakers). I just don't know what the difference between these versions (and what DP is?) and which version should I get for gaming? Considering all I want to do is play in 144hz.
After all if I'm going to do it, I want to do it right.

tl;dr what version of the BenQ XL2411Z is best for gaming?
0 Frags +

I have it, great fuckin monitor, only complaint is use your own power cord, benq power cords are poopy

I have it, great fuckin monitor, only complaint is use your own power cord, benq power cords are poopy
3 Frags +

That page is confusing. Only the version without speakers is the XL2411Z, and it's £225. The £132 one is the RL2455HM, and it's just 75Hz. The £290 one is the XL2420Z, and the one with game mode is the XL2430T.

So, go for the one that says "HDMI, no speakers." That's the only one there that's the XL2411Z. If you can find the XL2420Z for cheaper though, do that. Both are 144Hz. If you're willing to go with 120Hz, then you could get the XL2430T, but I'd just go with 144Hz at this point.

DP means DisplayPort. It's not necessary as long as you have dual-link DVI (which all of the XL monitors do). It's basically an HDMI-like standard used mostly for monitors. It supports much higher refresh rates than most implementations of HDMI. But it's not necessary if the monitor has dual-link DVI (DVI-DL).

That page is confusing. Only the version without speakers is the XL2411Z, and it's £225. The £132 one is the RL2455HM, and it's just 75Hz. The £290 one is the XL2420Z, and the one with game mode is the XL2430T.

So, go for the one that says "HDMI, no speakers." That's the only one there that's the XL2411Z. If you can find the XL2420Z for cheaper though, do that. Both are 144Hz. If you're willing to go with 120Hz, then you could get the XL2430T, but I'd just go with 144Hz at this point.

DP means DisplayPort. It's not necessary as long as you have dual-link DVI (which all of the XL monitors do). It's basically an HDMI-like standard used mostly for monitors. It supports much higher refresh rates than most implementations of HDMI. But it's not necessary if the monitor has dual-link DVI (DVI-DL).
0 Frags +
hookyThat page is confusing. Only the version without speakers is the XL2411Z, and it's £225. The £132 one is the RL2455HM, and it's just 75Hz. The £290 one is the XL2420Z, and the one with game mode is the XL2430T.

Very, very helpful, answered all my questions and more. Thank you. :)

[quote=hooky]That page is confusing. Only the version without speakers is the XL2411Z, and it's £225. The £132 one is the RL2455HM, and it's just 75Hz. The £290 one is the XL2420Z, and the one with game mode is the XL2430T.

DP means DisplayPort. It's not necessary as long as you have dual-link DVI (which all of the XL monitors do). It's basically an HDMI-like standard used mostly for monitors. It supports much higher refresh rates than most implementations of HDMI. But it's not necessary if the monitor has dual-link DVI (DVI-DL).[/quote]

Very, very helpful, answered all my questions and more. Thank you. :)
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.