Upvote Upvoted 0 Downvote Downvoted
gone fishing | edited fragclip
posted in Videos
0 Frags +

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X24YEUhQHkc&list=UUVXUz1e_fQ_NFHytWH615OQ

Over-edit and ellipse warning.

My first time using Source Filmmaker to make smooths in a video and I have to say its pretty fine. Song was April Showers by ProleteR. Hope you enjoy.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X24YEUhQHkc&list=UUVXUz1e_fQ_NFHytWH615OQ[/youtube]
Over-edit and ellipse warning.

My first time using Source Filmmaker to make smooths in a video and I have to say its pretty fine. Song was April Showers by ProleteR. Hope you enjoy.
11 Frags +

Is there a frag hiding in there somewhere?

Is there a frag hiding in there somewhere?
7 Frags +
JayDeFluerellipse warning.

for reference the above is an ellipse, I think you mean epilepsy warning

EDIT: video is gone in 5 minutes, guess he's not actually looking for criticism

[quote=JayDeFluer]ellipse warning.[/quote]

for reference the above is an ellipse, I think you mean epilepsy warning

EDIT: video is gone in 5 minutes, guess he's not actually looking for criticism
8 Frags +

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/images/eps-gif/Ellipse4Points_1000.gif

watch out !!

[img]http://mathworld.wolfram.com/images/eps-gif/Ellipse4Points_1000.gif[/img]

watch out !!
19 Frags +
fight...

for reference the above is an ellipse

you're wrong too, that's an ellipsis

[quote=fight]

for reference the above is an ellipse[/quote]

6 Frags +

found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X24YEUhQHkc&list=UUVXUz1e_fQ_NFHytWH615OQ

found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X24YEUhQHkc&list=UUVXUz1e_fQ_NFHytWH615OQ
0 Frags +
grapefight...

for reference the above is an ellipse

video description:
"over-edit; elipsy warning"

elipsy

[quote=grape][quote=fight]

for reference the above is an ellipse[/quote]

you're wrong too, that's an ellipsis[/quote]

video description:
"over-edit; elipsy warning"

[i]elipsy[/i]
-1 Frags +

gone fishing for how to spell a word
is this thread even about the bad video

gone fishing for how to spell a word
5 Frags +
sevennngone fishing for how to spell a word

Give the guy a break, atleast he's trying to do something with his time. If he enjoys editing, let him be. No ones amazing as soon as they start. Don't be such an asshole.

[quote=sevennn]gone fishing for how to spell a word
is this thread even about the bad video[/quote]
Give the guy a break, atleast he's trying to do something with his time. If he enjoys editing, let him be. No ones amazing as soon as they start. Don't be such an asshole.
1 Frags +
ShooshGive the guy a break, atleast he's trying to do something with his time. If he enjoys editing, let him be. No ones amazing as soon as they start. Don't be such an asshole.

I agree with most of what you said, and I think he has really great potential with editing videos, but most of what Jay makes is just hard to watch. It's not the fact that he's unskilled so much as what he's doing with the edits.

[quote=Shoosh]Give the guy a break, atleast he's trying to do something with his time. If he enjoys editing, let him be. No ones amazing as soon as they start. Don't be such an asshole.[/quote]

I agree with most of what you said, and I think he has really great potential with editing videos, but most of what Jay makes is just hard to watch. It's not the fact that he's unskilled so much as what he's doing with the edits.
2 Frags +

How about instead of being assholes about a spelling error you guys come up with constructive criticism as to why you think its bad?

How about instead of being assholes about a spelling error you guys come up with constructive criticism as to why you think its bad?
1 Frags +

The first frag wasnt too bad, you could see it. The others are just way too fast and blurred to understand whats going on

The first frag wasnt too bad, you could see it. The others are just way too fast and blurred to understand whats going on
3 Frags +

your name is two names

your name is two names
0 Frags +
Groove I agree with most of what you said, and I think he has really great potential with editing videos, but most of what Jay makes is just to watch. It's not the fact that he's unskilled so much as what he's doing with the edits.

This made no sense to me...

[quote=Groove] I agree with most of what you said, and I think he has really great potential with editing videos, but most of what Jay makes is just to watch. It's not the fact that he's unskilled so much as what he's doing with the edits.[/quote]
This made no sense to me...
3 Frags +

what is going through ur head when u make these?

"i headshot a scout, better make it look like a rorschach blotch"

what is going through ur head when u make these?

1 Frags +
mwhat is going through ur head when u make these?

Guess you never heard of constructive criticism have you?

[quote=m]what is going through ur head when u make these?

"i headshot a scout, better make it look like a rorschach blotch"[/quote]
Guess you never heard of constructive criticism have you?
0 Frags +

i'm confused is this supposed to be a teaser for a video you're working on or is this an actual clip

its like hey look a frag is gonna happen..BLURRY EXPLOSION CUT SCENE

i'm confused is this supposed to be a teaser for a video you're working on or is this an actual clip

its like hey look a frag is gonna happen..BLURRY EXPLOSION CUT SCENE
6 Frags +

Hey jay, I think the approach you're taking with these edits is really creative, when I was grading the tf2connexion contest I really loved your video, your smooths are really good (great angles) and the transitions between them as well, I just think you need to work maybe on the colours a bit and the overall flow of the video.

Sometimes it feels like you're breaking a bit the flow just to add an extra scene or element and that might not work that well.

I don't think it deserves the hate its getting. Specially that 1st SFM smooth was really quality

Hey jay, I think the approach you're taking with these edits is really creative, when I was grading the tf2connexion contest I really loved your video, your smooths are really good (great angles) and the transitions between them as well, I just think you need to work maybe on the colours a bit and the overall flow of the video.

Sometimes it feels like you're breaking a bit the flow just to add an extra scene or element and that might not work that well.

I don't think it deserves the hate its getting. Specially that 1st SFM smooth was really quality
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.