Upvote Upvoted 2 Downvote Downvoted
unable to login
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

i restarted my computer a few days ago and when i tried to log back onto steam, it told me that it was unable to connect to the steam servers... which isnt good as im on THREE team atm... ive tried everything that i can think of to try annd fix it on my own but it has become obvious that i need help

pls anyone who might know how to fix this problem pls tell me pls :(

i restarted my computer a few days ago and when i tried to log back onto steam, it told me that it was unable to connect to the steam servers... which isnt good as im on THREE team atm... ive tried everything that i can think of to try annd fix it on my own but it has become obvious that i need help

pls anyone who might know how to fix this problem pls tell me pls :(
-6 Frags +

Type in your username and password correctly. It's a magical fix!

Type in your username and password correctly. It's a magical fix!
-10 Frags +

askjeeves.com

askjeeves.com
-7 Frags +

tell us your user name and password and we can try to log in for you!

tell us your user name and password and we can try to log in for you!
0 Frags +

if i had put in the wrong username/password im pretty sure it wouldn't say: "Steam is having trouble connecting to the Steam Servers" every time i try

but if anyone has a serious solution to the problem let me know

ive tried everything... from reinstalling steam to enabling steam on my firewall and absolutely nothing has worked :(

if i had put in the wrong username/password im pretty sure it wouldn't say: "Steam is having trouble connecting to the Steam Servers" every time i try

but if anyone has a serious solution to the problem let me know

ive tried everything... from reinstalling steam to enabling steam on my firewall and absolutely nothing has worked :(
-1 Frags +

Have you tried signing in through your web browser?

Have you tried signing in through your web browser?
-1 Frags +

try this
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3134-TIAL-4638

try this
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3134-TIAL-4638
-1 Frags +

open steam, end its process with task manager, relaunch. I've had the issue before, and i found that helps out, not restarting.

open steam, end its process with task manager, relaunch. I've had the issue before, and i found that helps out, not restarting.
0 Frags +
Fenryropen steam, end its process with task manager, relaunch. I've had the issue before, and i found that helps out, not restarting.

thats the thing its not letting me log in at all

this is what pops up when i try to log in: http://imgur.com/DJs3DhS

*sigh*

[quote=Fenryr]open steam, end its process with task manager, relaunch. I've had the issue before, and i found that helps out, not restarting.[/quote]

thats the thing its not letting me log in at all

this is what pops up when i try to log in: http://imgur.com/DJs3DhS

*sigh*
0 Frags +

i now know that it has nothing to do with my account... its my computer thats causing the problem, what the problem is exactly, i still dont know

i now know that it has nothing to do with my account... its my computer thats causing the problem, what the problem is exactly, i still dont know
-1 Frags +

reformat

reformat
-1 Frags +

There was a problem like this at GXL funny enough, the only real solution was to reinstall steam,mash the log in button and pray to gaben took up to 2 hours for some people. Not really helpfull but sucks.

There was a problem like this at GXL funny enough, the only real solution was to reinstall steam,mash the log in button and pray to gaben took up to 2 hours for some people. Not really helpfull but sucks.
-1 Frags +

Maybe try restoring if you're on windows.

Maybe try restoring if you're on windows.
0 Frags +
Mr_Owlreformat16jacobjMaybe try restoring if you're on windows.

not willing to reformat and i cant restore all the way back to the 25th

[quote=Mr_Owl]reformat[/quote]

[quote=16jacobj]Maybe try restoring if you're on windows.[/quote]

0 Frags +
Tino_There was a problem like this at GXL funny enough, the only real solution was to reinstall steam,mash the log in button and pray to gaben took up to 2 hours for some people. Not really helpfull but sucks.

ive already reinstalled steam like 3 times now

[quote=Tino_]There was a problem like this at GXL funny enough, the only real solution was to reinstall steam,mash the log in button and pray to gaben took up to 2 hours for some people. Not really helpfull but sucks.[/quote]
ive already reinstalled steam like 3 times now
-1 Frags +

That pops up when I type something wrong. At least I get the same thing when I type my pw and info wrong so it can't hurt to try resetting your info

That pops up when I type something wrong. At least I get the same thing when I type my pw and info wrong so it can't hurt to try resetting your info
-1 Frags +
Red_That pops up when I type something wrong. At least I get the same thing when I type my pw and info wrong so it can't hurt to try resetting your info

how does one do that?

[quote=Red_]That pops up when I type something wrong. At least I get the same thing when I type my pw and info wrong so it can't hurt to try resetting your info[/quote]

how does one do that?
-1 Frags +
wv2016Red_That pops up when I type something wrong. At least I get the same thing when I type my pw and info wrong so it can't hurt to try resetting your info
how does one do that?

through the steamcommunity.com website

[quote=wv2016][quote=Red_]That pops up when I type something wrong. At least I get the same thing when I type my pw and info wrong so it can't hurt to try resetting your info[/quote]

how does one do that?[/quote]
0 Frags +
jk_wv2016Red_That pops up when I type something wrong. At least I get the same thing when I type my pw and info wrong so it can't hurt to try resetting your info
how does one do that?

i havent done that in awhile i cant remember how

[quote=jk_][quote=wv2016][quote=Red_]That pops up when I type something wrong. At least I get the same thing when I type my pw and info wrong so it can't hurt to try resetting your info[/quote]

how does one do that?[/quote]
through the steamcommunity.com website[/quote]

i havent done that in awhile i cant remember how
-1 Frags +
wv2016Mr_Owlreformat16jacobjMaybe try restoring if you're on windows.

Why can't you restore to the 25th? Just back up data from after the 25th online.

Or if you're referring to October 25th, are there really no restore points from before then?

[quote=wv2016][quote=Mr_Owl]reformat[/quote]

not willing to reformat and i cant restore all the way back to the 25th[/quote]

Why can't you restore to the 25th? Just back up data from after the 25th online.

Or if you're referring to October 25th, are there really no restore points from before then?
0 Frags +
16jacobjwv2016Mr_Owlreformat16jacobjMaybe try restoring if you're on windows.

i can only restore to the 26th and Steam fucked up on the 25th

[quote=16jacobj][quote=wv2016][quote=Mr_Owl]reformat[/quote]

not willing to reformat and i cant restore all the way back to the 25th[/quote]

Or if you're referring to October 25th, are there really no restore points from before then?[/quote]

i can only restore to the 26th and Steam fucked up on the 25th
-1 Frags +

Try checking your firewalls. Maybe Steam's being blocked

Try checking your firewalls. Maybe Steam's being blocked
0 Frags +
KaeyelTry checking your firewalls. Maybe Steam's being blocked

already checked

[quote=Kaeyel]Try checking your firewalls. Maybe Steam's being blocked[/quote]
already checked
0 Frags +
wv2016KaeyelTry checking your firewalls. Maybe Steam's being blockedalready checked

its been almost one week since the problem arose... i was kinda hoping that it would go away on its own

[quote=wv2016][quote=Kaeyel]Try checking your firewalls. Maybe Steam's being blocked[/quote]
already checked[/quote]

its been almost one week since the problem arose... i was kinda hoping that it would go away on its own
1 Frags +

YES!! i got on my friends computer and Steam works perfectly!

YES!! i got on my friends computer and Steam works perfectly!
1 Frags +
wv2016YES!! i got on my friends computer and Steam works perfectly!

although it still doesn't work on my own computer

[quote=wv2016]YES!! i got on my friends computer and Steam works perfectly![/quote]

although it still doesn't work on my own computer
-1 Frags +

Have you tried running Steam client as administrator?

Have you tried running Steam client as administrator?
1 Frags +
YesHave you tried running Steam client as administrator?

just tried... didnt work

[quote=Yes]Have you tried running Steam client as administrator?[/quote]
just tried... didnt work
0 Frags +
wv2016YesHave you tried running Steam client as administrator?just tried... didnt work

I don't know if this is a solution but try this, remove ClientRegistery.blob after, go to the steam shortcut or if you don't have one, make one and add the following command into the shortcut -tcp
Should look like this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe " -tcp

Hope it works.

[quote=wv2016][quote=Yes]Have you tried running Steam client as administrator?[/quote]
just tried... didnt work[/quote]
I don't know if this is a solution but try this, remove ClientRegistery.blob after, go to the steam shortcut or if you don't have one, make one and add the following command into the shortcut -tcp
Should look like this
[code]"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe " -tcp[/code]
Hope it works.
0 Frags +
hurrykannwv2016YesHave you tried running Steam client as administrator?just tried... didnt workI don't know if this is a solution but try this, remove ClientRegistery.blob after, go to the steam shortcut or if you don't have one, make one and add the following command into the shortcut -tcp
Should look like this
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe " -tcp
Hope it works.

i dont think steam uses blob files anymore
and ive already tried that as well

[quote=hurrykann][quote=wv2016][quote=Yes]Have you tried running Steam client as administrator?[/quote]
just tried... didnt work[/quote]
Should look like this
[code]"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe " -tcp[/code]
Hope it works.[/quote]
i dont think steam uses blob files anymore
and ive already tried that as well
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.