Upvote Upvoted 9 Downvote Downvoted
ESEA S17 Playoff Predictions IM LBF / Open LR5
posted in News
london_calling
October 27, 2014

Open has three matches left in the post season and IM has 2, so to save myself some sanity I will be combining the predictions all into one place as it seems like a waste to just have an article for one prediction. Anyway, since this might be my last match of the season I am looking forward to trying to cast the Grand Finals for both divisions as long as they don't happen on the same day. No matter what, the next couple matches for all the teams involved are going to be really great. Both of these matches will be on Monday. Don't miss 'em!

Also, this isn't related to anything really but it sucks that we lost our Jew flags. Thanks E$EA.

Blockback Mountain vs Japanifest Destiny.

• Erika
  • TicTack
  • cbn
  • Block
  • Freestate
  • newspeak
  • London
  • Lunacide
  • A Little Girl
  • Conductor
  • Kev
  • zZa

by Pangy, now a man but still a boy

This will be my last write-up. I was planning on going out with a bang but I forgot I had to do this. But I’ll try my best to not make this write-up stupid. So the playoffs have come to the lower bracket finals, a place where I thought I would be. Sadly, this isn’t the case and now grand final spot will be fought between Blockback Mountain and Japanifest Destiny. I have more experience with Blockback so I’ll talk about them first. As most people know, their scouts are very cleanup oriented, and you usually don’t notice them until your whole team is dead. Tictack plays a heal heavy pocket that usually does his job. He can make plays but I don’t think they happen often because he usually doesn’t need to unless of course Blockback's medic, Erika, dies due to her positioning (which happens frequently). If Erika does die, it isn’t only TickTack who goes for the medic. Like any other team, Blockback will sack most or all of their players to try and kill your medic and any other players. Their roamer, cabin, plays a waiting style of roamer I think. In my opinion, he doesn’t have insane dm but he can still do his duty effectively. The true star of team though, is Block. When my group of lads played against him in the LR3, he destroyed us with his kritz. The funny thing is that we knew they had kritz probably 100% of the time because we always had our respawns check but we still died to it. Crazy! He also had this cool sticky trap that dropped our combo. I guess I’ll stop sucking Block’s penis and move on to Japanifest Destiny. I’ll start off with lncd, since I think he switched to pocket. The only time I’ve seen lncd play pocket is in pugs and he enjoys it a lot. I really can’t say how well he’ll do in a match. I hope he does good though! So with lncd on pocket that means Doll/Sakura(?)/alittlegirl is on roamer. I really can’t say anything about Doll because I don’t really know him and I’ve never seen him play roamer. Something I can talk about though is the Kevzza(?) scout pair. I’ve played against both kev and zza and I they are both good players. zza has insane dm and I think he is a huge playmaker. Kev is a good passive scout but thats really it. Sorry. I think this team really relies on their scouts and I think they try to do scout ubers often which might become predictable but I guess everything becomes predictable. I really want to poop talk Conductor because he likes poop talking but I don’t want to be mean so I’ll try to do subtle poop talk. Conductor is inconsistent. London is my favorite person on this team. I really enjoy pubbing with the god of dustbowl. London is a good medic but I think his mechanics are a little slow since he’s an old man. This is a really hard match to predict an outcome for because I love people on both sides. I know London believed in my team so I’m going to predict a 5-4 Japanifest Destiny. Another factor that I didn’t mention though that makes a Japanifest win more likely is that metalworks is probably Blockbacks worst map. That or granary smiley face. Maybe they suck at sunshine too but that doesn’t matter. All I know is that metalworks is not one of their strong maps so Japanifest can win. I realize I think I got worse in the second half of this. I'm sorry. I also need to expand my vocabulary.

Players to Watch:Block, TicTack, KevzZa, Doll

Kawaii 5-o vs Graveguns Aneurysm

• Figsy
  • caidh
  • CtrlFMuffin
  • Topshot
  • miwo
  • Seymour
  • Ringo
  • Paul
  • pheLoN
  • Hippo
  • NateRivers
  • PowerMangoes

I'm not too sure if TWSS will be playing medic instead of Ringo as they did in their last match or if he was just ringing, but either way Ringo and Nate tore it up against hii open last week. The team had a really lackluster first half and then woke up in the second half to take 3 rounds very handily to win the match. Kawaii 5-o's match against No Johns was kind of the opposite, with a quicker first half and a more drawn out second half. Either way, both teams came out on top as expected and will duel each other for the chance to take on Sparkle Bunnies in the lower bracket final. This is going to be the only playoff game on sunshine, and to be honest I have no idea how these teams will play this map. Both of them have mad decent scouts that will probably serve them well, and this is one of those mids where it almost serves no purpose to shoot at the demo right away so even though I would say TopShot has the edge over Hippo here, it might not matter that much during the most crucial fights of the rounds. Caidh has continued to do incredibly well in his role, and I would expect to see him continue to do so. Both Phelon and Paul both were holding it down pretty heavily during the last match, doing a decent job of turning fights around even if one of their scouts was already dead for some reason. Muffin isn't all that bad at roamer, but I would say he is less impressive in this role than if he was playing demo to be honest. If Ringo is still playing scout, it will probably give them an edge significantly, although if PowerMangoes is there it probably won't be much different. For some reason I want to give this match to Graveguns Aneurysm, so I will. 5-3 in favor of Graveguns Aneurysm unless Seymour keeps on winning fights he isn't supposed to win.

Players to Watch: NateRivers, Paul McCartney, Seymour, Caidh

9 Frags +
I guess I’ll stop sucking Block’s penis and move on to Japanifest Destiny.

is Block going to get arrested?

[quote]I guess I’ll stop sucking Block’s penis and move on to Japanifest Destiny. [/quote]
is Block going to get arrested?
5 Frags +

how old is pangy now

how old is pangy now
6 Frags +

12? I'm not* sure how his age works, last time I heard he was getting younger and younger.

12? I'm not* sure how his age works, last time I heard he was getting younger and younger.
1 Frags +
cabin12? I'm now sure how his age works, last time I heard he was getting younger and younger.

his body gets older but his mind just keeps on getting younger

[quote=cabin]12? I'm now sure how his age works, last time I heard he was getting younger and younger.[/quote]

his body gets older but his mind just keeps on getting younger
3 Frags +

@london_calling

Gravegun's recently benched powermangoes, so TWSS is on medic and ringo is scouting for them

@london_calling

Gravegun's recently benched powermangoes, so TWSS is on medic and ringo is scouting for them
0 Frags +
lucrative@london_calling

ty for that info

[quote=lucrative]@london_calling

Gravegun's recently benched powermangoes, so TWSS is on medic and ringo is scouting for them[/quote]

ty for that info
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.