Upvote Upvoted 7 Downvote Downvoted
ddos
posted in Off Topic
0 Frags +

someone is ddosing me and I don't know what to do... how do I prevent this?

someone is ddosing me and I don't know what to do... how do I prevent this?
0 Frags +

You as in your home computer? or your server?
If you can get away with it, just temporarily close the ports you're getting attacked at.

You as in your home computer? or your server?
If you can get away with it, just temporarily close the ports you're getting attacked at.
-19 Frags +

figure out who you pissed off and ask them nicely to stop

figure out who you pissed off and ask them nicely to stop
0 Frags +

i think i know who it is but i dont want to say in case it isnt them

i think i know who it is but i dont want to say in case it isnt them
0 Frags +

Realistically, if you have no networking knowledge, the only thing you can do is wait it out or contact your ISP.

Realistically, if you have no networking knowledge, the only thing you can do is wait it out or contact your ISP.
2 Frags +

change ur ip

change ur ip
11 Frags +

download norton

download norton
0 Frags +

Depending on your router/Internet provider unplugging your router from the phone line/cable/fibre line for about an hour will give you a new ip. Otherwise you can call your isp and get them to give you a new lease.

Depending on your router/Internet provider unplugging your router from the phone line/cable/fibre line for about an hour will give you a new ip. Otherwise you can call your isp and get them to give you a new lease.
11 Frags +

kill urself

kill urself
29 Frags +

http://i.imgur.com/PU3EAIM.gif

[img]http://i.imgur.com/PU3EAIM.gif[/img]
-11 Frags +

Unless you're open finals I dont think anyone would be willing to put in the effort/resources to ddos you.

Unless you're open finals I dont think anyone would be willing to put in the effort/resources to ddos you.
8 Frags +

idk dude, if you piss off anyone in brands or bullets circlejerk im sure they'd ddos you. im just going to get my ip changed tomorrow and delete any ddosers and their friends from steam. i appreciate the help guys.

idk dude, if you piss off anyone in brands or bullets circlejerk im sure they'd ddos you. im just going to get my ip changed tomorrow and delete any ddosers and their friends from steam. i appreciate the help guys.
7 Frags +

could just be your internet shitting itself. Have you called your isp's tech support. Have you even restarted your router? Please tell me you at least tried logical things before you went OMG DDOSs1!!1.

could just be your internet shitting itself. Have you called your isp's tech support. Have you even restarted your router? Please tell me you at least tried logical things before you went OMG DDOSs1!!1.
9 Frags +

called my isp and they said im being "attacked" haha

called my isp and they said im being "attacked" haha
newbie.tf
4 Frags +
Knuckles_Unless you're open finals I dont think anyone would be willing to put in the effort/resources to ddos you.

nah dude i had 11 viewers on my stream once and i got ddosed. people are weird and do weird things.

[quote=Knuckles_]Unless you're open finals I dont think anyone would be willing to put in the effort/resources to ddos you.[/quote]

nah dude i had 11 viewers on my stream once and i got ddosed. people are weird and do weird things.
4 Frags +

Really? They said you were being 'attacked' and then proceded to do fucking nothing? I find that really hard to believe. It's THEIR bandwith thats getting hit as well, so they would want to protect that asset.

Really? They said you were being 'attacked' and then proceded to do fucking nothing? I find that really hard to believe. It's THEIR bandwith thats getting hit as well, so they would want to protect that asset.
8 Frags +
WithADanceNumberReally? They said you were being 'attacked' and then proceded to do fucking nothing? I find that really hard to believe. It's THEIR bandwith thats getting hit as well, so they would want to protect that asset.

its tech support dude

they were probably like

LETS TRY RESTARTING YOUR MODEM
PLEASE TURN OFF AND TURN ON YOUR MODEM

[quote=WithADanceNumber]Really? They said you were being 'attacked' and then proceded to do fucking nothing? I find that really hard to believe. It's THEIR bandwith thats getting hit as well, so they would want to protect that asset.[/quote]

its tech support dude

they were probably like

LETS TRY RESTARTING YOUR MODEM
PLEASE TURN OFF AND TURN ON YOUR MODEM
3 Frags +

they told me to bring in my modem tomorrow and they'll replace it, i'll get a new ip right? the 70 year old pakistani fellow who i was talking to wasn't very helpful.

they told me to bring in my modem tomorrow and they'll replace it, i'll get a new ip right? the 70 year old pakistani fellow who i was talking to wasn't very helpful.
5 Frags +
-protothey told me to bring in my modem tomorrow and they'll replace it, i'll get a new ip right? the 70 year old pakistani fellow who i was talking to wasn't very helpful.

probably alot of ISPs assign IPs to your modem's MAC address for set periods of time.

[quote=-proto]they told me to bring in my modem tomorrow and they'll replace it, i'll get a new ip right? the 70 year old pakistani fellow who i was talking to wasn't very helpful.[/quote]

probably alot of ISPs assign IPs to your modem's MAC address for set periods of time.
6 Frags +
-protothey told me to bring in my modem tomorrow and they'll replace it, i'll get a new ip right? the 70 year old pakistani fellow who i was talking to wasn't very helpful.

Plot twist: He's the one ddos'ing you.

But seriously just get that new modem, and it's pretty shitty you're getting ddos'ed hopefully it just stops.

[quote=-proto]they told me to bring in my modem tomorrow and they'll replace it, i'll get a new ip right? the 70 year old pakistani fellow who i was talking to wasn't very helpful.[/quote]

But seriously just get that new modem, and it's pretty shitty you're getting ddos'ed hopefully it just stops.
3 Frags +

Have you checked for packet loss first?

Have you checked for packet loss first?
-11 Frags +
Obi-protothey told me to bring in my modem tomorrow and they'll replace it, i'll get a new ip right? the 70 year old pakistani fellow who i was talking to wasn't very helpful.

Plot twist: you are the one ddos'ing him

[quote=Obi][quote=-proto]they told me to bring in my modem tomorrow and they'll replace it, i'll get a new ip right? the 70 year old pakistani fellow who i was talking to wasn't very helpful.[/quote]

But seriously just get that new modem, and it's pretty shitty you're getting ddos'ed hopefully it just stops.[/quote]
Plot twist: you are the one ddos'ing him
-1 Frags +
KevinIsPwnKnuckles_Unless you're open finals I dont think anyone would be willing to put in the effort/resources to ddos you.

Back when I hosted and streamed New Map Weekends (rip) b4nny was playing and suddenly lost connection. A few minutes later, my internet started freaking out and then died; resetting the router didn't fix it. I'm 99.9% sure it was a DDoS but I really have no solid proof. I believe that was around the time when everyone and their mother was getting DDoSed.

[quote=KevinIsPwn][quote=Knuckles_]Unless you're open finals I dont think anyone would be willing to put in the effort/resources to ddos you.[/quote]

nah dude i had 11 viewers on my stream once and i got ddosed. people are weird and do weird things.[/quote]
Back when I hosted and streamed New Map Weekends (rip) b4nny was playing and suddenly lost connection. A few minutes later, my internet started freaking out and then died; resetting the router didn't fix it. I'm 99.9% sure it was a DDoS but I really have no solid proof. I believe that was around the time when everyone and their mother was getting DDoSed.
2 Frags +
AndKennethDepending on your router/Internet provider unplugging your router from the phone line/cable/fibre line for about an hour will give you a new ip. Otherwise you can call your isp and get them to give you a new lease.

Actually that has not worked in quite a long time. Most companies will give you a static IP these days that is attached to your account/mac address. I've even tried to unplug everything for ~48 hours and it will stay the same.

[quote=AndKenneth]Depending on your router/Internet provider unplugging your router from the phone line/cable/fibre line for about an hour will give you a new ip. Otherwise you can call your isp and get them to give you a new lease.[/quote]

Actually that has not worked in quite a long time. Most companies will give you a static IP these days that is attached to your account/mac address. I've even tried to unplug everything for ~48 hours and it will stay the same.
1 Frags +

Try changing your router's MAC address and rebooting your modem. I did that once and my ISP assigned me a new IP address, but your mileage may vary.

Try changing your router's MAC address and rebooting your modem. I did that once and my ISP assigned me a new IP address, but your mileage may vary.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.