Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
budget camera
posted in Off Topic
0 Frags +

1 Frags +

Have you considered a gopro? Sensor quality is probably worse than the DSLR, but you'll get a better framerate for sports related stuff.

EDIT: I've only ever used a 7D, 5D and 70D for video, but daylight shooting quality is great if it's slow shots.

Have you considered a gopro? Sensor quality is probably worse than the DSLR, but you'll get a better framerate for sports related stuff.

EDIT: I've only ever used a 7D, 5D and 70D for video, but daylight shooting quality is great if it's slow shots.
3 Frags +

If you're looking to record Snowboarding then get a GoPro
You'd have to worry too much about getting your DSLR wet and damaged, plus the GoPro has many different mounting options for different POV shots and waterproof casings

If you're looking to record Snowboarding then get a GoPro
You'd have to worry too much about getting your DSLR wet and damaged, plus the GoPro has many different mounting options for different POV shots and waterproof casings
0 Frags +

0 Frags +

Probably. A similar DSLR setup will be more unwieldy.

Probably. A similar DSLR setup will be more unwieldy.
0 Frags +

if you look hard you might be able to find a used Canon 5D MKI or MKII for reletively cheap. lenses are what really end up costing you

if you look hard you might be able to find a used Canon 5D MKI or MKII for reletively cheap. lenses are what really end up costing you
0 Frags +

If you want shots with a DSLR of you snowboarding you're gonna have to slug a buddy along to get those shots. DSLR will be too bulky for the action shots you want.

Plus with the other recommendations of the GoPro, they have come down quite a bit in price.

If you want shots with a DSLR of you snowboarding you're gonna have to slug a buddy along to get those shots. DSLR will be too bulky for the action shots you want.

Plus with the other recommendations of the GoPro, they have come down quite a bit in price.
2 Frags +

I use a GoPro for my sports, works well but you get a lot of shake and it's more difficult to stabilise imo than a DSLR would be if you're taking footage of other people snowboarding. Perfect for strapping to yourself though.

I use a GoPro for my sports, works well but you get a lot of shake and it's more difficult to stabilise imo than a DSLR would be if you're taking footage of other people snowboarding. Perfect for strapping to yourself though.
0 Frags +

If you're worried about camera shake I'm sure you can get a steady-cam rig for the GoPro.

If you're worried about camera shake I'm sure you can get a steady-cam rig for the GoPro.
0 Frags +

Though you haven't really specified if you want to take video or photos I'm going to assume you mean videos.gopros are really good for the price and super versitile but obviously can't do as much as a dslr. IMO its not really worth buying a DSLR unless you're really into it and are willing to get a bunch of other gear (more than just an 18-55 and batteries). For basic stuff gopros are not bad but you can't very easily stabilize them or use them with a tripod or something. All depends on how interested you are in filming and how much you have to spend on a camera

Though you haven't really specified if you want to take video or photos I'm going to assume you mean videos.gopros are really good for the price and super versitile but obviously can't do as much as a dslr. IMO its not really worth buying a DSLR unless you're really into it and are willing to get a bunch of other gear (more than just an 18-55 and batteries). For basic stuff gopros are not bad but you can't very easily stabilize them or use them with a tripod or something. All depends on how interested you are in filming and how much you have to spend on a camera
0 Frags +

I wouldn't get a DSLR and risk damaging it.

I wouldn't get a DSLR and risk damaging it.
0 Frags +

I'm a regular DSLR user, and while I love it, it may be too high maintenance for snowboarding shots. You'll find with DSLRs that you will need thousands of dollars worth of extra gear, lenses, etc. You may want to look into something meant more for video with a full time autofocus system - something like the Canon XA10. Camcorders are much better for action shooting. Good luck with your endeavors!

I'm a regular DSLR user, and while I love it, it may be too high maintenance for snowboarding shots. You'll find with DSLRs that you will need thousands of dollars worth of extra gear, lenses, etc. You may want to look into something meant more for video with a full time autofocus system - something like the Canon XA10. Camcorders are much better for action shooting. Good luck with your endeavors!
1 Frags +

0 Frags +

hey dude would you be interested in buying mine? I'd give you a good deal, its a panasonic dvx100a and I can send it In its custom pelican hardcase (water proof as well). I can also hook you up with mini-dv master tapes and some head cleaner. Annnnnd I can throw in the firewire cords for mac or pc, along with capture cam. I also got a shoulder mount and a copy of final cut pro I can throw in.

500 bucks shipped (i paid a grand for this stuff) no lens scratches, mic sag, lcd screen sag an so forth

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x242/may989/mycamera.jpg

hey dude would you be interested in buying mine? I'd give you a good deal, its a panasonic dvx100a and I can send it In its custom pelican hardcase (water proof as well). I can also hook you up with mini-dv master tapes and some head cleaner. Annnnnd I can throw in the firewire cords for mac or pc, along with capture cam. I also got a shoulder mount and a copy of final cut pro I can throw in.

500 bucks shipped (i paid a grand for this stuff) no lens scratches, mic sag, lcd screen sag an so forth

[img]http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x242/may989/mycamera.jpg[/img]
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.