Upvote Upvoted 17 Downvote Downvoted
LAN Vegas Nerd Years Eve
eXtelevision
0 Frags +

Due to significant changes, I started a new thread for this event. Please check there for all news regarding LAN Vegas Nerd Years Eve - http://teamfortress.tv/thread/21523/lan-vegas-update

Thanks for your understanding.

Due to significant changes, I started a new thread for this event. Please check there for all news regarding LAN Vegas Nerd Years Eve - http://teamfortress.tv/thread/21523/lan-vegas-update

Thanks for your understanding.
3 Frags +

website is having some troubles: http://puu.sh/cViZA/0d1d9f8c87.png

also gonna try to attend!

website is having some troubles: http://puu.sh/cViZA/0d1d9f8c87.png

eXtelevision
1 Frags +

Yup :/ It was struggling when it first went live, then it recovered, and now it's being poopy again. Wanted to get this news out there, hopefully that site will be back soon.

Yup :/ It was struggling when it first went live, then it recovered, and now it's being poopy again. Wanted to get this news out there, hopefully that site will be back soon.
5 Frags +

YEAH ESPORTS!!

EDIT: I also really want to go to this.

[u][b]YEAH ESPORTS!![/b][/u]

EDIT: I also really want to go to this.
4 Frags +

I'll probably go if others go. If I do end up going, I'll play medic for some random nerd in the ultiduo tourney.

I'll probably go if others go. If I do end up going, I'll play medic for some random nerd in the ultiduo tourney.
eXtelevision
2 Frags +

Link fiXed.

Link fiXed.
2 Frags +

Oh man, I would totally go to this but I'm going to be in Quebec City Dec 27-Jan 1 :(

Oh man, I would totally go to this but I'm going to be in Quebec City Dec 27-Jan 1 :(
1 Frags +

Thanks eXtine.

Curious to see how many local's from L.A. and Las Vegas make it out! Can't wait to see if anyone likes doing LAN's in Vegas. I like doing most things better in Vegas, so I hope everyone else does too. VIVA LAN VEGAS!

Thanks eXtine.

Curious to see how many local's from L.A. and Las Vegas make it out! Can't wait to see if anyone likes doing LAN's in Vegas. I like doing most things better in Vegas, so I hope everyone else does too. VIVA LAN VEGAS!
eXtelevision
2 Frags +

You got a week left to book a cheap hotel room.

The hotel cut off date for the SkillCon rate is November 28th. Please make sure all your guests are aware of this cut off date. If they book their room after November 28th, there’s no guarantee they’ll get the discounted rate. Here’s the direct reservation link:

https://aws.passkey.com/g/25842120

If any of your guests report unavailable rooms, please contact skillconvention [at] gmail.com immediately and I’ll do my best to add more rooms to our block before the cut off date.
You got a week left to book a cheap hotel room.

[quote]The hotel cut off date for the SkillCon rate is November 28th. Please make sure all your guests are aware of this cut off date. If they book their room after November 28th, there’s no guarantee they’ll get the discounted rate. Here’s the direct reservation link:

https://aws.passkey.com/g/25842120

If any of your guests report unavailable rooms, please contact skillconvention [at] gmail.com immediately and I’ll do my best to add more rooms to our block before the cut off date.[/quote]
4 Frags +

What a coincidence. I read this thread, then get home and there's a Las Vegas getaway offer that came in the mail for me.

I am being more and more tempted to go.

What a coincidence. I read this thread, then get home and there's a Las Vegas getaway offer that came in the mail for me.

I am being more and more tempted to go.
eXtelevision
3 Frags +

DO IT

DO IT
3 Frags +

Holding off on buying LAN tickets until I can confirm hotel rooms, but I can't book a room checking in on the 29th and checking out on the 1st. I sent an email to skillconvention. Hope it gets settled and I'll get to see some west coast tf2ers

Edit: Booked takram and manwich. Need more of you bitches to come. I might be able to fit one or two people driving from socal depending how much room our rigs take.

Holding off on buying LAN tickets until I can confirm hotel rooms, but I can't book a room checking in on the 29th and checking out on the 1st. I sent an email to skillconvention. Hope it gets settled and I'll get to see some west coast tf2ers

Edit: Booked takram and manwich. Need more of you bitches to come. I might be able to fit one or two people driving from socal depending how much room our rigs take.
1 Frags +

Considering going to this since I've never been to Las Vegas. I promise I won't get white girl wasted... but it's New Years so, retract that promise.

Considering going to this since I've never been to Las Vegas. I promise I won't get white girl wasted... but it's New Years so, retract that promise.
8 Frags +

you've already proven you don't need it to be NYE for you to get white girl wasted, bro

you've already proven you don't need it to be NYE for you to get white girl wasted, bro
3 Frags +

just hope there isn't a wawa near by, sandwiches beware of lemon pulp

just hope there isn't a wawa near by, sandwiches beware of lemon pulp
3 Frags +

Gizmo made the same promise the first time he went. Then he bought A Yard of booze slurpee. It was over.

lemon_pulpConsidering going to this since I've never been to Las Vegas. I promise I won't get white girl wasted... but it's New Years so, retract that promise.
Gizmo made the same promise the first time he went. Then he bought A Yard of booze slurpee. It was over.

[quote=lemon_pulp]Considering going to this since I've never been to Las Vegas. I promise I won't get white girl wasted... but it's New Years so, retract that promise.[/quote]
3 Frags +

new year's in vegas? sounds good :3

new year's in vegas? sounds good :3
eXtelevision
0 Frags +

Just a reminder that you need to book a hotel room today to get the discounted rate. $54 to book it now which can be cancelled 7 days before the date. Tom from PBL is snagging some eXtra rooms at that rate that we can maybe pass along down the line, but those will be disappearing.

In other eXciting news, we've lined up an awesome sponsor (will reveal that more properly down the line) who will be funding Dashner's travel to Las Vegas for the event so he can help with our production. Yay!

Gonna be awesome.

Just a reminder that you need to book a hotel room today to get the discounted rate. $54 to book it now which can be cancelled 7 days before the date. Tom from PBL is snagging some eXtra rooms at that rate that we can maybe pass along down the line, but those will be disappearing.

In other eXciting news, we've lined up an awesome sponsor (will reveal that more properly down the line) who will be funding Dashner's travel to Las Vegas for the event so he can help with our production. Yay!

Gonna be awesome.
0 Frags +
mathsadwebsite is having some troubles: http://puu.sh/cViZA/0d1d9f8c87.png

Do I have to book separately? Which website do you use to book at the Riviera hotel? I checked Hotelscheap.org and their rates are similar. Or would it be cheaper to get the deal through the site you listed? I really want to atend, that's going to be awesome!

[quote=mathsad]website is having some troubles: http://puu.sh/cViZA/0d1d9f8c87.png

also gonna try to attend![/quote]

Do I have to book separately? Which website do you use to book at the Riviera hotel? I checked [url=http://las-vegas.hotelscheap.org/]Hotelscheap.org[/url] and their rates are similar. Or would it be cheaper to get the deal through the site you listed? I really want to atend, that's going to be awesome!
1 Frags +

I am really considering going to this event from Los Angeles.

I am really considering going to this event from Los Angeles.
11 Frags +

come for the tf2, stay for the 50 person minecraft area

come for the tf2, stay for the 50 person minecraft area
2 Frags +

I am not sure if you guys can handle the greatness that is team PBL. Kairos are Gizmo and going take home the $1200 for first place in the Ultiduo tournament. #SeattleIsTheBest #KairosIsAnOldGuy

I am not sure if you guys can handle the greatness that is team PBL. Kairos are Gizmo and going take home the $1200 for first place in the Ultiduo tournament. #SeattleIsTheBest #KairosIsAnOldGuy
eXtelevision
1 Frags +

Wanted to post a bit of an update.

We've decided the prize payout for Ultiduo/MGE. Ultiduo will be $1200 for first place, $600 for second, and $300 for third. MGE prizes for Soldier and Scout are $100 for first and $50 for second.

We'll be announcing the Pros we've wrangled to attend this event once all that is settled, which will hopefully be just a few days after ESEA LAN. We're also trying to nail down some computers for rental and general use which we should hear about later today.

PBL has put a lot of effort into this event and we want to make it a huge annual celebration of the community. We wanted this to be a completely TF2-centric event (besides the Minecraft stuff which is part of the agreement of Skillcon), but we need to fill seats. We have already starting looking at including other games in order to get more gamers signed up. There is a DOTA2 group in Las Vegas as well as gaming groups at two of the nearby Universities.

I've never been part of the "TF2 is dead" crowd, but if we want more events for the community we have to support the events we have.

If you are considering attending this event and have any questions about it please let us know.

Wanted to post a bit of an update.

We've decided the prize payout for Ultiduo/MGE. Ultiduo will be $1200 for first place, $600 for second, and $300 for third. MGE prizes for Soldier and Scout are $100 for first and $50 for second.

We'll be announcing the Pros we've wrangled to attend this event once all that is settled, which will hopefully be just a few days after ESEA LAN. We're also trying to nail down some computers for rental and general use which we should hear about later today.

PBL has put a lot of effort into this event and we want to make it a huge annual celebration of the community. We wanted this to be a completely TF2-centric event (besides the Minecraft stuff which is part of the agreement of Skillcon), but we need to fill seats. We have already starting looking at including other games in order to get more gamers signed up. There is a DOTA2 group in Las Vegas as well as gaming groups at two of the nearby Universities.

I've never been part of the "TF2 is dead" crowd, but if we want more events for the community we have to support the events we have.

If you are considering attending this event and have any questions about it please let us know.
2 Frags +

"We're gonna fly out pros to Vegas for New Years Eve so they can have $1800 for an Ultiduo Tournament"

Im all for supporting tf2 events, but this is decent money being thrown away for free at a small event on short notice on one of the most expensive flight weekends of the year.

What's the benefit to the scene by supporting this? I'm not seeing it.

Currently theres ~25 people signed up for seats

"We're gonna fly out pros to Vegas for New Years Eve so they can have $1800 for an Ultiduo Tournament"

Im all for supporting tf2 events, but this is decent money being thrown away for free at a small event on short notice on one of the most expensive flight weekends of the year.

What's the benefit to the scene by supporting this? I'm not seeing it.

Currently theres ~25 people signed up for seats
eXtelevision
0 Frags +
flameWhat's the benefit to the scene by supporting this?
  • Attending an awesome LAN in Las Vegas over New Years Eve.
  • Competing in the biggest Ultiduo LAN Tournament yet.
  • LAN attendees will be overlooking SkillCon which should provide nice visual stimulus in between games.
  • Supporting the first iteration of what could become another huge annual event for the NA TF2 community.
  • MGE/Ultiduo against the pros we're bringing in.
  • Providing great content for people to watch over winter break.
  • Support PBL, an organization that isn't ESEA, isn't CEVO, and is trying to do great things for the community.
  • Help PBL showcase the strength of the TF2 community to sponsors which will lead to more investment from said sponsors.

As a community, we're starved for events. This isn't decent money being thrown away for free, it's PBL making an investment in our community. If it ends up being a complete waste of money and is received by the community as a collective "meh", you better believe that PBL will be re-assessing their strategy. TF2 is our game of choice, but PBL is a business and they can't stick to a plan that isn't working.

I understand that there are some difficulties with people getting to Vegas and that more notice would have been great. Nonetheless, I hope that people can find a way to participate in what should be an awesome event.

[quote=flame]What's the benefit to the scene by supporting this?[/quote]
[list]
[*] Attending an awesome LAN in Las Vegas over New Years Eve.
[*] Competing in the biggest Ultiduo LAN Tournament yet.
[*] LAN attendees will be overlooking SkillCon which should provide nice visual stimulus in between games.
[*] Supporting the first iteration of what could become another huge annual event for the NA TF2 community.
[*] MGE/Ultiduo against the pros we're bringing in.
[*] Providing great content for people to watch over winter break.
[*] Support PBL, an organization that isn't ESEA, isn't CEVO, and is trying to do great things for the community.
[*] Help PBL showcase the strength of the TF2 community to sponsors which will lead to more investment from said sponsors.
[/list]

As a community, we're starved for events. This isn't decent money being thrown away for free, it's PBL making an investment in our community. If it ends up being a complete waste of money and is received by the community as a collective "meh", you better believe that PBL will be re-assessing their strategy. TF2 is our game of choice, but PBL is a business and they can't stick to a plan that isn't working.

I understand that there are some difficulties with people getting to Vegas and that more notice would have been great. Nonetheless, I hope that people can find a way to participate in what should be an awesome event.
0 Frags +

Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors the price for tickets have been reduced to $30 for LANVegas14. We also have some options for people that are unable to attend the entire LAN, Competitive day passes and spectator passes can be purchased.

Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors the price for tickets have been reduced to $30 for LANVegas14. We also have some options for people that are unable to attend the entire LAN, Competitive day passes and spectator passes can be purchased.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.