Upvote Upvoted 5 Downvote Downvoted
1 2
Looking to play Hearthstone
posted in Other Games
0 Frags +

i didn't feel like necroing the handful of other hearthstone threads so here this shit is. laddering is hell so if anyone wants to play any bo3/5 tournament style games post your battlenet ID in here. mine is Justinisokay#1903

i didn't feel like necroing the handful of other hearthstone threads so here this shit is. laddering is hell so if anyone wants to play any bo3/5 tournament style games post your battlenet ID in here. mine is Justinisokay#1903
2 Frags +

quandom#1691

I mainly play priest and handlock.

quandom#1691

I mainly play priest and handlock.
2 Frags +

Terywj#1450

Will add you guys after class.

Terywj#1450

Will add you guys after class.
2 Frags +

jwso#2127 (EU)

I play every now and then, mainly control warrior but also some handlock or pretty much any other hero when I feel like it (except hunter because that's lame-o)

Just opened 3 packs I bought with arena gold (was 8-3)

http://i.imgur.com/hdqYHrI.png

http://i.imgur.com/Q7DSNrP.png

jwso#2127 (EU)

I play every now and then, mainly control warrior but also some handlock or pretty much any other hero when I feel like it (except hunter because that's lame-o)

Just opened 3 packs I bought with arena gold (was 8-3)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/hdqYHrI.png[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Q7DSNrP.png[/img]
1 Frags +

Good Lord share some of that RNG will ya?

Here's hoping either Legendary being revealed isn't garbage.

Good Lord share some of that RNG will ya?

Here's hoping either Legendary being revealed isn't garbage.
0 Frags +

i can play too

kevvvv#1924

i havent rly been keeping up with the game but i ladder every now and then as shaman/rogue/zoo

i can play too

kevvvv#1924

i havent rly been keeping up with the game but i ladder every now and then as shaman/rogue/zoo
2 Frags +

I love this game so much but I'm really bad at it

bowswer5 #1539

I love this game so much but I'm really bad at it

bowswer5 #1539
0 Frags +

I've been playing like 1-2 hours everyday for months now. Metawe #1937
GvG hype

I've been playing like 1-2 hours everyday for months now. Metawe #1937
GvG hype
0 Frags +

i dont play much other than quests, im saving gold for gvg

tresh #1226

i dont play much other than quests, im saving gold for gvg

tresh #1226
0 Frags +

coupe#1187

ive been playing a lot of handlock lately but i'll play whatever

coupe#1187

ive been playing a lot of handlock lately but i'll play whatever
0 Frags +

I just straight up got rolled by a Zoo deck in Arena. Literally was playing 12+ cards right out of Zoo.

I just straight up got rolled by a Zoo deck in Arena. Literally was playing 12+ cards right out of Zoo.
0 Frags +

crypto#1798

i play 9 different decks, if you wanna play pick 4 ban 1 bo5 hmu

crypto#1798

i play 9 different decks, if you wanna play pick 4 ban 1 bo5 hmu
2 Frags +

A LOT of new cards being revealed: https://www.facebook.com/Hearthstone?fref=photo&sk=photos

A LOT of new cards being revealed: https://www.facebook.com/Hearthstone?fref=photo&sk=photos
0 Frags +

Murloc shaman and beast druid oh boy.

Murloc shaman and beast druid oh boy.
2 Frags +

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/49/1417554974-10846161-823491974360239-3732389808552183535-n-1.jpg

best card

[img]http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/49/1417554974-10846161-823491974360239-3732389808552183535-n-1.jpg[/img]

best card
0 Frags +

WARRIOR PYROBLAST

WARRIOR PYROBLAST
0 Frags +

That Fel Reaver card is so unique / interesting. Feels like a ridiculously strong turn 5 Arena play.

That Fel Reaver card is so unique / interesting. Feels like a ridiculously strong turn 5 Arena play.
0 Frags +

December 8th GvG release date.
I'm really excited to see how this shakes up the meta.

New control warrior finisher, get them down to fatigue and then play the mine card

December 8th GvG release date.
I'm really excited to see how this shakes up the meta.

New control warrior finisher, get them down to fatigue and then play the mine card
0 Frags +

I wonder which legendary I should craft first. Iron Juggernaut seems like an amazing card to use in Control Warrior, but I feel Troggzor might end up being a new staple card like Sylvanas.

Buying 40 packs is tempting, but I'll probably go with 15 and just make some minor changes to my existing decks. It's going to take a lot of cards to make proper Mech decks, anyway.

I wonder which legendary I should craft first. Iron Juggernaut seems like an amazing card to use in Control Warrior, but I feel Troggzor might end up being a new staple card like Sylvanas.

Buying 40 packs is tempting, but I'll probably go with 15 and just make some minor changes to my existing decks. It's going to take a lot of cards to make proper Mech decks, anyway.
0 Frags +

I haven't spent a dollar on this game and I don't intend to. Here's where all that saved dust and gold comes in handy. I really like Sneed's Old Shredder but I'm okay with the gamble.

I haven't spent a dollar on this game and I don't intend to. Here's where all that saved dust and gold comes in handy. I really like Sneed's Old Shredder but I'm okay with the gamble.
1 Frags +

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/721-goblins-vs-gnomes-invades-the-arena-2-0-0-7234
GvG cards available in arena, and spectate mode is done. rejoice!

You've probably all seen this, but if you haven't

Card Changes

Flare now costs 2 mana, up from 1.

Flare allowed the Hunter an advantage versus decks that revolve around Secrets, while also allowing the Hunter to draw a card for little cost. We want to encourage a variety of decks in Hearthstone. With this change, Flare will continue to be useful against Secrets decks, but will be weaker against other decks.

Gadgetzan Auctioneer now costs 6 mana, up from 5.

Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s ability allows for a player to potentially draw many cards for little cost. Card draw and card advantage are important to the game – overall, games are less interesting when a player draws their entire deck. This change brings Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s cost more in line with its power level.

Soulfire now costs 1 mana, up from 0.

Soulfire, along with fast and powerful minions, allowed Warlock rush decks to get ahead on the board and stay ahead. We’ve upped Soulfire’s mana cost by 1 to slow down the Warlock rush deck just a bit and allow more players time to react and interact against the Warlock.

I can get down with the flare nerf, and the soulfire nerf is reasonable, but my only gripe is that they said it nerfed the 'warlock rush deck' - zoo is a board control deck not a rush deck and the super rushy aggro warlock is pretty hit and miss. The gadget nerf is pretty good, will definitely slow down miracle rogue, which although its fallen out of favour recently is still clearly very strong as forsen's hipster miracle and savjz performance at seatstory has shown

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/721-goblins-vs-gnomes-invades-the-arena-2-0-0-7234
GvG cards available in arena, and spectate mode is done. rejoice!

You've probably all seen this, but if you haven't

[b]Card Changes[/b]

[list]Flare now costs 2 mana, up from 1. [/list]
Flare allowed the Hunter an advantage versus decks that revolve around Secrets, while also allowing the Hunter to draw a card for little cost. We want to encourage a variety of decks in Hearthstone. With this change, Flare will continue to be useful against Secrets decks, but will be weaker against other decks.
[list]Gadgetzan Auctioneer now costs 6 mana, up from 5.
[/list]
Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s ability allows for a player to potentially draw many cards for little cost. Card draw and card advantage are important to the game – overall, games are less interesting when a player draws their entire deck. This change brings Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s cost more in line with its power level.
[list]Soulfire now costs 1 mana, up from 0.[/list]
Soulfire, along with fast and powerful minions, allowed Warlock rush decks to get ahead on the board and stay ahead. We’ve upped Soulfire’s mana cost by 1 to slow down the Warlock rush deck just a bit and allow more players time to react and interact against the Warlock.

I can get down with the flare nerf, and the soulfire nerf is reasonable, but my only gripe is that they said it nerfed the 'warlock rush deck' - zoo is a board control deck not a rush deck and the super rushy aggro warlock is pretty hit and miss. The gadget nerf is pretty good, will definitely slow down miracle rogue, which although its fallen out of favour recently is still clearly very strong as forsen's hipster miracle and savjz performance at seatstory has shown
0 Frags +

Can't disagree with what Blizzard said about Soulfire. Zoo just floods the board and then gets a free Soulfire to kill the minion you try and fight back with. It's ridiculous.

Can't disagree with what Blizzard said about Soulfire. Zoo just floods the board and then gets a free Soulfire to kill the minion you try and fight back with. It's ridiculous.
0 Frags +

yeah the nerf is definitely warranted, killing 4-5 drops for 0 mana is pretty crazy. but its not for aggro purposes, its to control the board.

yeah the nerf is definitely warranted, killing 4-5 drops for 0 mana is pretty crazy. but its not for aggro purposes, its to control the board.
0 Frags +

Live in Arena, and here I had just started a run 30 minutes ago.

http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/472669-gvg-now-live-in-arena#15

Live in Arena, and here I had just started a run 30 minutes ago.

http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/472669-gvg-now-live-in-arena#15
1 Frags +

I love the flare nerf, one card draw is actually a big deal. So many of my games versus hunters come down to like a one turn / one card difference. Its way easier to find 1 mana to sneak a 1 card cycle in, while its not that easy to find 2 mana to sneak a draw in with the current hunter lists. The card was too good before. Likewise, the soulfire nerf is pretty reasonable. Can't say I'm completely behind the gadgetzan nerf though, it has it's ups and downs.

Excited to make a mech warrior deck with the new GvG cards! :)

Also what decks are you guys using to climb with? I've been playing with control warrior and its been pretty consistent for me atm. Went from rank 17 - 13 dropping 1 game tonight. Curious as to what lists you guys are making work.

I love the flare nerf, one card draw is actually a big deal. So many of my games versus hunters come down to like a one turn / one card difference. Its way easier to find 1 mana to sneak a 1 card cycle in, while its not that easy to find 2 mana to sneak a draw in with the current hunter lists. The card was too good before. Likewise, the soulfire nerf is pretty reasonable. Can't say I'm completely behind the gadgetzan nerf though, it has it's ups and downs.

Excited to make a mech warrior deck with the new GvG cards! :)

Also what decks are you guys using to climb with? I've been playing with control warrior and its been pretty consistent for me atm. Went from rank 17 - 13 dropping 1 game tonight. Curious as to what lists you guys are making work.
1 Frags +

Agree 100% with the Flare nerf and the reasons listed for it. Flare is a tech card that will destroy Mages and Hunters but not punish against other classes because it's a 1 mana cantrip. It has a lot less drawbacks than playing cards such as BGH, Harrison Jones, or Faceless Manipulator.

I'm not sure if Gadgetzan needed a nerf, but I can see it being frustrating for some players. It might be fair, since Rogue is possibly the most powerful class if it can find Gadgetzan at a reasonable time. I don't think it'll hurt the class too much since Rogues are pretty capable at clearing the board even without Gadgetzan.

I don't really like the Soulfire nerf. The only time the card feels broken is when you have no other cards in your hand. Otherwise, I think it's a pretty interesting interaction of when to discard a card, especially if you have other Soulfires and Doomguards in your hand. Guess we could look at Darkbomb as a replacement, though it might be more suitable for Handlock than Zoo.

Agree 100% with the Flare nerf and the reasons listed for it. Flare is a tech card that will destroy Mages and Hunters but not punish against other classes because it's a 1 mana cantrip. It has a lot less drawbacks than playing cards such as BGH, Harrison Jones, or Faceless Manipulator.

I'm not sure if Gadgetzan needed a nerf, but I can see it being frustrating for some players. It might be fair, since Rogue is possibly the most powerful class if it can find Gadgetzan at a reasonable time. I don't think it'll hurt the class too much since Rogues are pretty capable at clearing the board even without Gadgetzan.

I don't really like the Soulfire nerf. The only time the card feels broken is when you have no other cards in your hand. Otherwise, I think it's a pretty interesting interaction of when to discard a card, especially if you have other Soulfires and Doomguards in your hand. Guess we could look at Darkbomb as a replacement, though it might be more suitable for Handlock than Zoo.
1 Frags +

yeah i agree, flare overall was just too OP. it massacred my freeze mage, and if it isnt against a deck with secrets, it was just a 1 mana cycle. gadgetzan nerf though i feel is like... 4 seasons too late. back a few seasons ago miracle was a menace and couldn't get around, especially during the shadowstep leeroy days. the soulfire nerf i feel is fair though, 0 mana for 4 damage is massive in handlock, considering its all about 1 turn where you have nothing on board to clearing theirs and having giants for massive tempo swings, which soulfire definitely helped with.

over all i think it was a pretty good nerf

yeah i agree, flare overall was just too OP. it massacred my freeze mage, and if it isnt against a deck with secrets, it was just a 1 mana cycle. gadgetzan nerf though i feel is like... 4 seasons too late. back a few seasons ago miracle was a menace and couldn't get around, especially during the shadowstep leeroy days. the soulfire nerf i feel is fair though, 0 mana for 4 damage is massive in handlock, considering its all about 1 turn where you have nothing on board to clearing theirs and having giants for massive tempo swings, which soulfire definitely helped with.

over all i think it was a pretty good nerf
1 Frags +

yeah flare definitely needed a nerf, it was way too versatile for such a specific effect

arena with the GvG cards is so fucking fun, i just drafted a priest deck with 2 shrinkmeisters and a cabal i can't wait

yeah flare definitely needed a nerf, it was way too versatile for such a specific effect

arena with the GvG cards is so fucking fun, i just drafted a priest deck with 2 shrinkmeisters and a cabal i can't wait
0 Frags +

I've never been a huge fan of arena, but I did three runs (6-3, 5-3 and 4-3). Got another golden Grommash from a pack, lol. At least I can craft a GvG legendary now.

I've never been a huge fan of arena, but I did three runs (6-3, 5-3 and 4-3). Got another golden Grommash from a pack, lol. At least I can craft a GvG legendary now.
0 Frags +

I think they nerfed Gadgetzan preemptively because of spare parts in GvG. There are so many minions that give you spare parts that with Gadgetzan you could easily and consistently draw your entire deck.

Also recombobulator and all the shredders are so good. I can't wait to "consistently" use them in constructed.

I think they nerfed Gadgetzan preemptively because of spare parts in GvG. There are so many minions that give you spare parts that with Gadgetzan you could easily and consistently draw your entire deck.

Also recombobulator and all the shredders are so good. I can't wait to "consistently" use them in constructed.
1 2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.