Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
1 2 3
How to train demoman mechanics
0 Frags +

Now iv'e heard alot of bullshit saying demoman doesn't require aim etc, I would actually like to find a good way to improve on demoman mechanicly when i just into demo after playing alot of soldier i find stickys awkward ofcourse there still easier than other weapons in the game but they need some time.

Demoman is the worst class at defending himself so improving on the mechanical side can be difficult.

How do improve mechanics?

Now iv'e heard alot of bullshit saying demoman doesn't require aim etc, I would actually like to find a good way to improve on demoman mechanicly when i just into demo after playing alot of soldier i find stickys awkward ofcourse there still easier than other weapons in the game but they need some time.

Demoman is the worst class at defending himself so improving on the mechanical side can be difficult.

How do improve mechanics?
27 Frags +

Play the game

Play the game
1 Frags +
bearodactylPlay the game

For soldier and scout there are specific ways that are better then just playing. (mge dm)
these just are not valid for demo.

[quote=bearodactyl]Play the game[/quote]
For soldier and scout there are specific ways that are better then just playing. (mge dm)
2 Frags +

Pubs can be pretty decent for getting the mechanics down - focus on doing a lot of damage per sticky so that you don't get into the habit of wasting them / make each stick count.

Pubs can be pretty decent for getting the mechanics down - focus on doing a lot of damage per sticky so that you don't get into the habit of wasting them / make each stick count.
0 Frags +
MeematPubs can be pretty decent for getting the mechanics down - focus on doing a lot of damage per sticky so that you don't get into the habit of wasting them / make each stick count.

After you get the very basics down, DM servers (found in the servers tab) can help you get your aim down against better players. It also restricts your stickies to 4, which should help you better conserve them.

[quote=Meemat]Pubs can be pretty decent for getting the mechanics down - focus on doing a lot of damage per sticky so that you don't get into the habit of wasting them / make each stick count.[/quote]
After you get the very basics down, DM servers (found in the servers tab) can help you get your aim down against better players. It also restricts your stickies to 4, which should help you better conserve them.
3 Frags +
pooptoasterbearodactylPlay the gameFor soldier and scout there are specific ways that are better then just playing. (mge dm)

Exactly. Just play the game.

[quote=pooptoaster][quote=bearodactyl]Play the game[/quote]
these just are not valid for demo.[/quote]
Exactly. Just play the game.
-24 Frags +

dont use stickies in dm please holy fuck

dont use stickies in dm please holy fuck
1 Frags +
bearodactylPlay the game
[quote=bearodactyl]Play the game[/quote]
cp_granary_pro
7 Frags +

get a mentor

get a mentor
21 Frags +
PurpleShirtdont use stickies in dm please holy fuck

yea dude because you dont need to aim stickies and they dont require practice

[quote=PurpleShirt]dont use stickies in dm please holy fuck[/quote]

2 Frags +
showstopperPurpleShirtdont use stickies in dm please holy fuck

ironic?

[quote=showstopper][quote=PurpleShirt]dont use stickies in dm please holy fuck[/quote]

yea dude because you dont need to aim stickies and they dont require practice[/quote]
ironic?
12 Frags +
pooptoastershowstopperPurpleShirtdont use stickies in dm please holy fuck
ironic?

He was being sarcastic.

[quote=pooptoaster][quote=showstopper][quote=PurpleShirt]dont use stickies in dm please holy fuck[/quote]

yea dude because you dont need to aim stickies and they dont require practice[/quote]
ironic?[/quote]

He was being sarcastic.
11 Frags +
pooptoastershowstopperPurpleShirtdont use stickies in dm please holy fuck
ironic?

Yea its ironic. You should use stickies in DM so you can actually practice hitting people. Anyone who complains about sticks in DM needs to stop being shit at dodging.

[quote=pooptoaster][quote=showstopper][quote=PurpleShirt]dont use stickies in dm please holy fuck[/quote]

ironic?[/quote]
Yea its ironic. You should use stickies in DM so you can actually practice hitting people. Anyone who complains about sticks in DM needs to stop being shit at dodging.
19 Frags +

using stickies in dm is fine just don't sticky trap dm spawns

not a popular opinion but i think pugging is great practice for demo
yeah you're going to get away with a lot of dumb shit obv but if you're supplementing this with actual scrims you should be cool

using stickies in dm is fine just don't sticky trap dm spawns

yeah you're going to get away with a lot of dumb shit obv but if you're supplementing this with actual scrims you should be cool
11 Frags +
kevusing stickies in dm is fine just don't sticky trap dm spawns

i shouldve been more clear thats what i meant

[quote=kev]using stickies in dm is fine just don't sticky trap dm spawns[/quote]

i shouldve been more clear thats what i meant
6 Frags +
kevusing stickies in dm is fine just don't sticky trap dm spawns

Pugging in general is better than just straight DM because it forces you to DM in an actual game setting where you have to hit shots in various scenarios while worrying about the rest of the team fight or round.

DM is alright for improving reaction and reflex shots but doesn't always translate to an in-game scenario where there are a lot more variables.

[quote=kev]using stickies in dm is fine just don't sticky trap dm spawns

yeah you're going to get away with a lot of dumb shit obv but if you're supplementing this with actual scrims you should be cool[/quote]

Pugging in general is better than just straight DM because it forces you to DM in an actual game setting where you have to hit shots in various scenarios while worrying about the rest of the team fight or round.

DM is alright for improving reaction and reflex shots but doesn't always translate to an in-game scenario where there are a lot more variables.
-14 Frags +

amazing how no one mentioned jump maps
if u think u have a clue on playing demoman, learn to do a jump map then let me know the outcome of that ...

amazing how no one mentioned jump maps
if u think u have a clue on playing demoman, learn to do a jump map then let me know the outcome of that ...
21 Frags +

please ignore purpleshirt, he has a whole rulebook on dm mod etiquette

please ignore purpleshirt, he has a whole rulebook on dm mod etiquette
33 Frags +
rave-please ignore purpleshirt, he is bad
[quote=rave-]please ignore purpleshirt, he is bad[/quote]
20 Frags +
mousiopeamazing how no one mentioned jump maps

Hey guys remember all those good demo jumpers that are fantastic at the game.

[quote=mousiope]amazing how no one mentioned jump maps
if u think u have a clue on playing demoman, learn to do a jump map then let me know the outcome of that ...[/quote]

7 Frags +
mousiopeamazing how no one mentioned jump maps

Jump maps really don't make you better at demo. As long as you know the roll outs you should be fine...

[quote=mousiope]amazing how no one mentioned jump maps
if u think u have a clue on playing demoman, learn to do a jump map then let me know the outcome of that ...[/quote]
Jump maps really don't make you better at demo. As long as you know the roll outs you should be fine...
3 Frags +

Get a good balance of pubs and pugs/scrims. First of all, people have really shitty movement in pubs, so doing both will keep you from getting in the groove of one or the other. Second, you can't focus on getting better if you're trying hard to win, if you only play matches you'll just end up using tactics and mechanics that you're good at instead of trying to expand your boundaries. This is totally different for high level players but if you're not good yet it should do.

Get a good balance of pubs and pugs/scrims. First of all, people have really shitty movement in pubs, so doing both will keep you from getting in the groove of one or the other. Second, you can't focus on getting better if you're trying hard to win, if you only play matches you'll just end up using tactics and mechanics that you're good at instead of trying to expand your boundaries. This is totally different for high level players but if you're not good yet it should do.
-27 Frags +
Avastmousiopeamazing how no one mentioned jump maps

typical dumb answer of someone who thinks tf2 is a game based on aim

[quote=Avast][quote=mousiope]amazing how no one mentioned jump maps

Hey guys remember all those good demo jumpers that are fantastic at the game.[/quote]

12 Frags +
MoyAfter you get the very basics down, DM servers (found in the servers tab) can help you get your aim down against better players. It also restricts your stickies to 4, which should help you better conserve them.

The NA Teamfortress.tv servers actually don't have a sticky cap, and I've been complaining about this for a while. I've seen demos make it really difficult to move in DM because they have a constant stream of stickies (imagine shooting 8 stickies and 4 pipes and getting a full instant reload if you kill even one person). It's not realistic because demos have the longest reload times which has a big impact on how they use stickies in-game, so I really hope the cap gets re-instituted.

[quote=Moy]
After you get the very basics down, DM servers (found in the servers tab) can help you get your aim down against better players. It also restricts your stickies to 4, which should help you better conserve them.[/quote]

The NA Teamfortress.tv servers actually don't have a sticky cap, and I've been complaining about this for a while. I've seen demos make it really difficult to move in DM because they have a constant stream of stickies (imagine shooting 8 stickies and 4 pipes and getting a full instant reload if you kill even one person). It's not realistic because demos have the longest reload times which has a big impact on how they use stickies in-game, so I really hope the cap gets re-instituted.
15 Frags +
mousiopeAvastmousiopeamazing how no one mentioned jump maps

Name me one demo besides Kaidus that is a good demo jumper that currently plays in Invite or Prem.

[quote=mousiope][quote=Avast][quote=mousiope]amazing how no one mentioned jump maps

Hey guys remember all those good demo jumpers that are fantastic at the game.[/quote]

typical dumb answer of someone who thinks tf2 is a game based on aim[/quote]

Name me one demo besides Kaidus that is a good demo jumper that currently plays in Invite or Prem.
8 Frags +

Typical dumb answer of someone who doesn't know Avast...his point is that there's much more important priorities on Demo than jumping.

[quote=mousiope][quote=Avast][quote=mousiope]amazing how no one mentioned jump maps

Typical dumb answer of someone who doesn't know Avast...his point is that there's much more important priorities on Demo than jumping.
9 Frags +

that's because tf2 is based on aim rofl

that's because tf2 is based on aim rofl
3 Frags +

just play the game. Jumping is good pubs are good DM is good lobbies are good PUGs are good scrims are good matches are good. This is even more true for demo than it is for soldier or scout or medic

just play the game. Jumping is good pubs are good DM is good lobbies are good PUGs are good scrims are good matches are good. This is even more true for demo than it is for soldier or scout or medic
-6 Frags +
showstopperPurpleShirtdont use stickies in dm please holy fuck

is that sarcasm? because if it is ur dumb

[quote=showstopper][quote=PurpleShirt]dont use stickies in dm please holy fuck[/quote]

is that sarcasm? because if it is ur dumb
4 Frags +
asianriceguyMoyAfter you get the very basics down, DM servers (found in the servers tab) can help you get your aim down against better players. It also restricts your stickies to 4, which should help you better conserve them.

Just for you, I reminded -Sal and he brought the sticky cap back. I'm pretty sure it broke with one of the recent updates and he just forgot, or something.

[quote=asianriceguy][quote=Moy]
After you get the very basics down, DM servers (found in the servers tab) can help you get your aim down against better players. It also restricts your stickies to 4, which should help you better conserve them.[/quote]

The NA Teamfortress.tv servers actually don't have a sticky cap, and I've been complaining about this for a while. I've seen demos make it really difficult to move in DM because they have a constant stream of stickies (imagine shooting 8 stickies and 4 pipes and getting a full instant reload if you kill even one person). It's not realistic because demos have the longest reload times which has a big impact on how they use stickies in-game, so I really hope the cap gets re-instituted.[/quote]
Just for you, I reminded -Sal and he brought the sticky cap back. I'm pretty sure it broke with one of the recent updates and he just forgot, or something.
1 2 3
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.