Upvote Upvoted 7 Downvote Downvoted
TF2 update for 11/20/14 (11/21/14 UTC)
Patch Notes
0 Frags +

Via HLDS:

Valve- Additional improvements for client stability
- Added a check to prevent building in trigger_hurt areas
- Fixed seeing bumper cart icons for deaths while in hell on maps other than doomsday_event
- Fixed not hearing localized audio while connected to a server using sv_pure
- Updated pl_upward
- Added stairs to forward Blue spawn underground
- Updated the trigger hurt in the outer cliff area to cover the bottom of the map

Rumor has it:

- mrmizx of reddit has a before/after of the BLU spawn: http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/2mxibt/tf2_update_for_112014_112114_utc/cm8iajl

- An unintended side effect of the new trigger hurt area in Upward is that it will also affect you even if noclip is on, so if you're hunting for the stairs or (ab)using admin powers and you're dying, this is why

- The Tomb Raider workshop tag has been removed from the language file: https://github.com/SteamDatabase/GameTracking/commit/1d0b25553554b9ff5f251d10029964ece365d9c0

- Size is ~50 MB

Via [url=https://list.valvesoftware.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/hlds]HLDS[/url]:

[quote=Valve]- Additional improvements for client stability
- Added a check to prevent building in trigger_hurt areas
- Fixed seeing bumper cart icons for deaths while in hell on maps other than doomsday_event
- Fixed not hearing localized audio while connected to a server using sv_pure
- Updated pl_upward
- Added stairs to forward Blue spawn underground
- Updated the trigger hurt in the outer cliff area to cover the bottom of the map[/quote]

Rumor has it:

- mrmizx of reddit has a before/after of the BLU spawn: http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/2mxibt/tf2_update_for_112014_112114_utc/cm8iajl

- An unintended side effect of the new trigger hurt area in Upward is that it will also affect you even if noclip is on, so if you're hunting for the stairs or (ab)using admin powers and you're dying, this is why

- The Tomb Raider workshop tag has been removed from the language file: https://github.com/SteamDatabase/GameTracking/commit/1d0b25553554b9ff5f251d10029964ece365d9c0

- Size is ~50 MB
3 Frags +
wickedplayer494- Additional improvements for client stability

woo

[quote=wickedplayer494]- Additional improvements for client stability
[/quote]
woo
9 Frags +

Additional improvements for client stability

Really wonder what that means nowadays

[b]Additional improvements for client stability[/b]

Really wonder what that means nowadays
0 Frags +
- Additional improvements for client stability

is this good? its a new name for bugs

edit: fuck everyone before me

[quote]- Additional improvements for client stability[/quote]
is this good? its a new name for bugs

edit: fuck everyone before me
2 Frags +

Can anyone post pics of the new upward changes for me. I'm away from my home pc for a bit and i'm kinda curious.

Can anyone post pics of the new upward changes for me. I'm away from my home pc for a bit and i'm kinda curious.
11 Frags +
WithADanceNumberCan anyone post pics of the new upward changes for me. I'm away from my home pc for a bit and i'm kinda curious.

http://i.imgur.com/I3mZy79.jpg

idk what the point is

[quote=WithADanceNumber]Can anyone post pics of the new upward changes for me. I'm away from my home pc for a bit and i'm kinda curious.[/quote]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/I3mZy79.jpg[/img]

idk what the point is
17 Frags +

wickedplayer494 you are the update god

wickedplayer494 you are the update god
5 Frags +

i spent like 5 minutes looking for the change then i saw that post and i cried :(

i spent like 5 minutes looking for the change then i saw that post and i cried :(
8 Frags +

I'm so incredibly underwhelmed.

thanks though.

I'm so incredibly underwhelmed.

thanks though.
7 Frags +

I thought the stairs would be to the upper tunnel entrance on the left, holy shit how pointless is that change...

I thought the stairs would be to the upper tunnel entrance on the left, holy shit how pointless is that change...
3 Frags +

it's uh

nice in terms of aesthetics i guess??

it's uh

nice in terms of aesthetics i guess??
newbie.tf
31 Frags +

reddit told me this would be eotl. these are stairs.

reddit please

reddit told me this would be eotl. these are stairs.

reddit please
3 Frags +

I bet there's some incredibly esoteric purpose for it that we won't figure out for years

I bet there's some incredibly esoteric purpose for it that we won't figure out for years
22 Frags +

Finally Valve has listened to our demands for an Upward update

Finally Valve has listened to our demands for an Upward update
Patch Notes
3 Frags +
KevinIsPwnreddit told me this would be eotl. these are stairs.

reddit please

If there's no "MAJOR" wording in either the EWFU or the post itself, chances are very good that it isn't EOTL.

[quote=KevinIsPwn]reddit told me this would be eotl. these are stairs.

reddit please[/quote]
If there's no "MAJOR" wording in either the EWFU or the post itself, chances are very good that it isn't EOTL.
5 Frags +

did they fix the multiple areas you can get stuck on in the tunnel?

did they fix the multiple areas you can get stuck on in the tunnel?
11 Frags +

I'm 99% sure this is the TF team trolling everyone who's hyped themselves up for the EOTL update.

I'm 99% sure this is the TF team trolling everyone who's hyped themselves up for the EOTL update.
2 Frags +
toothI'm 99% sure this is the TF team trolling everyone who's hyped themselves up for the EOTL update.

They have a twisted sense of humor, I always forget until it stings.

[quote=tooth]I'm 99% sure this is the TF team trolling everyone who's hyped themselves up for the EOTL update.[/quote]

They have a twisted sense of humor, I always forget until it stings.
-6 Frags +

Wow this map change completely switches up the meta.
HL players beware, change is comming

Wow this map change completely switches up the meta.
HL players beware, change is comming
2 Frags +

I hope adding the stairs finally fixed the FPS lag in Upward.

I hope adding the stairs finally fixed the FPS lag in Upward.
5 Frags +
wareyaI bet there's some incredibly esoteric purpose for it that we won't figure out for years

Apparently it's because bots used to stare stupidly at the tiny height differential on the left side of the room that had no stairs. So instead of fixing the broken bot behaviour they added stairs. Perfect.

[quote=wareya]I bet there's some incredibly esoteric purpose for it that we won't figure out for years[/quote]
Apparently it's because bots used to stare stupidly at the tiny height differential on the left side of the room that had no stairs. So instead of fixing the broken bot behaviour they added stairs. Perfect.
0 Frags +

Oh well, atleast an update. :)

Oh well, atleast an update. :)
4 Frags +

The chair was actually Illuminati

The chair was actually Illuminati
0 Frags +

beware of stairs

beware of stairs
0 Frags +

cool

cool
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.