Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
New GPU issues
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

I recently got an R7 260x and I'm not really sure why it wont work. My monitor just displays "no signal" when its plugged in and i'm having to use the integrated graphics for now, any help would be appreciated.

I recently got an R7 260x and I'm not really sure why it wont work. My monitor just displays "no signal" when its plugged in and i'm having to use the integrated graphics for now, any help would be appreciated.
2 Frags +

drivers? are all the cables connected correctly?

drivers? are all the cables connected correctly?
0 Frags +

have you tried all the ports? dvi/vga/hdmi? is the fan spinning?

have you tried all the ports? dvi/vga/hdmi? is the fan spinning?
0 Frags +

if u have more than 1 gpu slot then install it on the other one.... if that works then renstall to the orignal slot

if u have more than 1 gpu slot then install it on the other one.... if that works then renstall to the orignal slot
0 Frags +

More information required.

More information required.
1 Frags +

i'm gonna bet that its not getting power

i'm gonna bet that its not getting power
0 Frags +

The fan is spinning, and the drivers are installed and all the cables are connected correctly. I've been told that i might need a better powersupply. Is 500w not enough for this card?

The fan is spinning, and the drivers are installed and all the cables are connected correctly. I've been told that i might need a better powersupply. Is 500w not enough for this card?
0 Frags +

I have a 585 watt PSU and your card pulls about 70 less watts than mine, so it shouldn't necessarily be the problem, but it depends on your other components as well. If you have such a thing, using a wattage tester might be helpful.

This is almost definitely not the problem as long as your card is running at idle like it should, though. Does your monitor work with other systems? Is your monitor set to the right input?

I have a 585 watt PSU and your card pulls about 70 less watts than mine, so it shouldn't necessarily be the problem, but it depends on your other components as well. If you have such a thing, using a wattage tester might be helpful.

This is almost definitely not the problem as long as your card is running at idle like it should, though. Does your monitor work with other systems? Is your monitor set to the right input?
0 Frags +

My monitor runs with other cards, and I'm not sure about the input? lol

My monitor runs with other cards, and I'm not sure about the input? lol
0 Frags +

OKAY SO I GOT IT TO WORK, but For some reason all over the drivers say VGA to hdmi adapter, which is what im using. Does this mean its not actually using the graphics card or?

Edit: I fixed the issue, apparently the card wasnt plugged in all the way due to a screw i forgot to unplug, thanks though!

OKAY SO I GOT IT TO WORK, but For some reason all over the drivers say VGA to hdmi adapter, which is what im using. Does this mean its not actually using the graphics card or?

Edit: I fixed the issue, apparently the card wasnt plugged in all the way due to a screw i forgot to unplug, thanks though!
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.