Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Looking for a game
posted in Other Games
0 Frags +

Is there a game with similar mechanics to tf2 but with much higher hp than the classes in tf2 in comparison to the damage weapons do without armor/buffs?
also the more aim intensive the better
also the game doesnt have to have classes either way is fine with me

Is there a game with similar mechanics to tf2 but with much higher hp than the classes in tf2 in comparison to the damage weapons do without armor/buffs?
also the more aim intensive the better
also the game doesnt have to have classes either way is fine with me
-5 Frags +

CS:GO is always a nice option, and can be loads of fun

CS:GO is always a nice option, and can be loads of fun
3 Frags +

csgo doesnt have enough mobility w/o bhopping/fast dudes for me
also i should mention that i dont care whether its a dead game or not

csgo doesnt have enough mobility w/o bhopping/fast dudes for me
also i should mention that i dont care whether its a dead game or not
28 Frags +

tribes ascend

i wish ;_;

tribes ascend

[size=10]
i wish ;_;[/size]
7 Frags +

If you're looking for mobility, larger amounts of health and class-based gameplay, go for Tribes: Ascend. Fantastic game.

Tribes: Ascend is all about speed and aim. Some projectile weapons inherit your velocity and momentum, while others such as hit-scan weapons make for high-risk high-reward with the precision required to nail a fast moving target.

Quite a bit more serious in nature and tone than TF2, but still an incredible game nonetheless. I just wish its competitive format would take off a little more.

Or you could just play runescape I guess. :?

If you're looking for mobility, larger amounts of health and class-based gameplay, go for Tribes: Ascend. Fantastic game.

Tribes: Ascend is all about speed and aim. Some projectile weapons inherit your velocity and momentum, while others such as hit-scan weapons make for high-risk high-reward with the precision required to nail a fast moving target.

Quite a bit more serious in nature and tone than TF2, but still an incredible game nonetheless. I just wish its competitive format would take off a little more.

Or you could just play runescape I guess. :?
11 Frags +

Quake or Reflex?

Quake or Reflex?
6 Frags +

CPM, Reflex is preferable (more active players) but you need a decent card

I run it well with an Intel Core 2 Duo and a 660ti
Reflex fps shit for your game.cfg if you get it:

Show Content
cl_corpse_time 0
cl_gibs_expire_time 1
r_decals 0
cl_gibs_maxcount 0
r_bloom 0
r_dynamic_lights 0
r_dynamic_shadows 0
CPM, Reflex is preferable (more active players) but you need a decent card

I run it well with an Intel Core 2 Duo and a 660ti
Reflex fps shit for your game.cfg if you get it:
[spoiler]
cl_corpse_time 0
cl_gibs_expire_time 1
r_decals 0
cl_gibs_maxcount 0
r_bloom 0
r_dynamic_lights 0
r_dynamic_shadows 0
[/spoiler]
-1 Frags +

I would say super monday night combat, but it's completely fucking dead, and kind of went critically unbalanced towards the end of its active time.

I would say super monday night combat, but it's completely fucking dead, and kind of went critically unbalanced towards the end of its active time.
6 Frags +

http://www.playmorepromode.org/

http://www.playmorepromode.org/
5 Frags +

I bought Reflex with similar interests in a speedy/aim based game and so far I'm pretty impressed.
Considering the games early alpha stage it's a hell of a lot of fun.

Movement might take a while to get used to, but you'd do the developers a huge favor.

I bought [url=http://reflexfps.net/]Reflex[/url] with similar interests in a speedy/aim based game and so far I'm pretty impressed.
Considering the games early alpha stage it's a hell of a lot of fun.

Movement might take a while to get used to, but you'd do the developers a huge favor.
2 Frags +

you should try warsow

you should try warsow
5 Frags +

Here to confirm that reflex is fantastic and you should give it a shot.

Here to confirm that reflex is fantastic and you should give it a shot.
1 Frags +

quake live is super fun (and free!)

quake live is super fun (and free!)
1 Frags +
flayquake live is super fun (and free!)

(and casual)
rip

[quote=flay]quake live is super fun (and free!)[/quote]
[size=12](and casual)[/size]
[size=10]rip[/size]
1 Frags +

There are not many fps with higher time to kill than TF2. Higher ttk usually comes with more mobility, since there there to be more opportunities to make interesting decisions. Playing scout in a cs style game would be really lame, since all the cool positioning and movement decisions you could make are essentially obsolete.

But then higher mobility contributes to a higher ttk on its own, and you can run into the problem of fights getting too tedious if you increase both health and mobility too much.

Hawken has a pretty long time to kill, and is pretty much the best implementation of the moba playstyle into an fps (not the farming mechanics). however, the movement in that game is hardly free (even though there is a lot of skill in it), and the turn rate limit will annoy a lot of fps players.

Tribes is another good game with a long time to kill and freedom of movement. Though I still wouldn't recommend for just so many reasons.

There are not many fps with higher time to kill than TF2. Higher ttk usually comes with more mobility, since there there to be more opportunities to make interesting decisions. Playing scout in a cs style game would be really lame, since all the cool positioning and movement decisions you could make are essentially obsolete.

But then higher mobility contributes to a higher ttk on its own, and you can run into the problem of fights getting too tedious if you increase both health and mobility too much.

Hawken has a pretty long time to kill, and is pretty much the best implementation of the moba playstyle into an fps (not the farming mechanics). however, the movement in that game is hardly free (even though there is a lot of skill in it), and the turn rate limit will annoy a lot of fps players.

Tribes is another good game with a long time to kill and freedom of movement. Though I still wouldn't recommend for just so many reasons.
1 Frags +

You honestly cannot do better than Reflex in that regard, but since not many people are playing it and the netcode is still pretty basic, start playing Quake Live till Reflex is more polished maybe.

You honestly cannot do better than Reflex in that regard, but since not many people are playing it and the netcode is still pretty basic, start playing Quake Live till Reflex is more polished maybe.
-6 Frags +
zigzterQuake or Reflex?

I'l take Quake anyday

[quote=zigzter]Quake or Reflex?[/quote]

I'l take Quake anyday
-1 Frags +

I would suggest dirty bomb, but that game is still on closed beta, and is still down for updating.

As everyone else is saying, is yes go play reflex it might be a little difficult if you came from a tf2 background. However if you came a quake background then the game is a piece if cake to get used to.

I would suggest dirty bomb, but that game is still on closed beta, and is still down for updating.

As everyone else is saying, is yes go play reflex it might be a little difficult if you came from a tf2 background. However if you came a quake background then the game is a piece if cake to get used to.
-1 Frags +

Do quake style games really have higher TTK than tf2 though? Considering that on spawn you can get two shot by a rg at any range and with no cost to the enemy's mobility?

Do quake style games really have higher TTK than tf2 though? Considering that on spawn you can get two shot by a rg at any range and with no cost to the enemy's mobility?
-1 Frags +

I'd say Reflex is a good choice.
I don't understand people switching to CS:GO, it's incredibly boring,

I'd say Reflex is a good choice.
[size=10]I don't understand people switching to CS:GO, it's incredibly boring,[/size]
-3 Frags +

Big text
Small text

Big text
[size=11]Small text[/size]
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.