Upvote Upvoted 0 Downvote Downvoted
Low fps help?
posted in Customization
0 Frags +

Yo, recently I have been getting pretty low fps in tf2 and cs, sometimes dropping to as low as 50-60.
In 6s my fps is usually fine, but in hl it starts to drop, and in maps that are not well optimized in cs.
I use an fps config in tf2 as well as quake textures.
I would really appreciate any ideas you guys have on what the problem is, thanks :3

Specs

Show Content
Cpu: amd fx 8350 (8 core 3.6hz)
Gpu: geforce gtx 660
ram: 16 gigs corsair vengeance
Motherboard: Sabertooth 990fx r2.0

Update!
Hey I got a new heat sink!
my cpu before was running at really high temperatures, that was what I thought the cause of low fps was.
However after getting my new heat sink my fps is still really low on pubs, hl, and some midfights.
Any ideas? If you want I can upload my full config and shit.

Yo, recently I have been getting pretty low fps in tf2 and cs, sometimes dropping to as low as 50-60.
In 6s my fps is usually fine, but in hl it starts to drop, and in maps that are not well optimized in cs.
I use an fps config in tf2 as well as quake textures.
I would really appreciate any ideas you guys have on what the problem is, thanks :3

Specs
[spoiler]Cpu: amd fx 8350 (8 core 3.6hz)
Gpu: geforce gtx 660
ram: 16 gigs corsair vengeance
Motherboard: Sabertooth 990fx r2.0
[/spoiler]

Update!
Hey I got a new heat sink!
my cpu before was running at really high temperatures, that was what I thought the cause of low fps was.
However after getting my new heat sink my fps is still really low on pubs, hl, and some midfights.
Any ideas? If you want I can upload my full config and shit.
1 Frags +

Quake textures won't get you FPS. dx8 will get you a few frames, but if your frames are dropping as low as 60, it's a bigger problem. How dusty is your computer? I'm guessing your cpu is getting too hot. tf2 is a cpu-intensive game. Check your temps.

Quake textures won't get you FPS. dx8 will get you a few frames, but if your frames are dropping as low as 60, it's a bigger problem. How dusty is your computer? I'm guessing your cpu is getting too hot. tf2 is a cpu-intensive game. Check your temps.
1 Frags +

Yes, I do use dx8.
my cpu has run a bit hot in the past, I will definitely check that, any other ideas?

Yes, I do use dx8.
my cpu has run a bit hot in the past, I will definitely check that, any other ideas?
1 Frags +

Just adding further input, that it's likely having to do with your CPU temps. When your cpu overheats, TF2 suffers immensely. If you are getting good frames immediately when you start playing and notice a progressive dip while you play, this is almost definitely the cause.

Just adding further input, that it's likely having to do with your CPU temps. When your cpu overheats, TF2 suffers immensely. If you are getting good frames immediately when you start playing and notice a progressive dip while you play, this is almost definitely the cause.
-2 Frags +

bump

bump
0 Frags +

Do you use Chris's config? Do you have "-high" added into your tf2 launch settings?

Do you use Chris's config? Do you have "-high" added into your tf2 launch settings?
1 Frags +
xprest1geDo you use Chris's config? Do you have "-high" added into your tf2 launch settings?

Yes, I use chris's highframes and no, I do not have -high in my launch settings. I tried putting it in my launch settings and it didn't change my fps or anything I could see. What does it do?

[quote=xprest1ge]Do you use Chris's config? Do you have "-high" added into your tf2 launch settings?[/quote]
Yes, I use chris's highframes and no, I do not have -high in my launch settings. I tried putting it in my launch settings and it didn't change my fps or anything I could see. What does it do?
2 Frags +
MOOSE_xprest1geDo you use Chris's config? Do you have "-high" added into your tf2 launch settings?Yes, I use chris's highframes and no, I do not have -high in my launch settings. I tried putting it in my launch settings and it didn't change my fps or anything I could see. What does it do?

It used to change the cpu priority, but it doesn't do anything on tf2 anymore for years (as far as I know?)

[quote=MOOSE_][quote=xprest1ge]Do you use Chris's config? Do you have "-high" added into your tf2 launch settings?[/quote]
Yes, I use chris's highframes and no, I do not have -high in my launch settings. I tried putting it in my launch settings and it didn't change my fps or anything I could see. What does it do?[/quote]
It used to change the cpu priority, but it doesn't do anything on tf2 anymore for years (as far as I know?)
1 Frags +

i get 150+ frames consistently and im playing on a laptop at dualcore i5 2.5 ghz, with super shitty intel graphics, something is clearly not right here

i get 150+ frames consistently and im playing on a laptop at dualcore i5 2.5 ghz, with super shitty intel graphics, something is clearly not right here
0 Frags +
Mr_Harvardi get 150+ frames consistently and im playing on a laptop at dualcore i5 2.5 ghz, with super shitty intel graphics, something is clearly not right here

TF2.
I've seen a bunch of posts on a variety of forums where people get better frames with less optimized configs or worse computers

[quote=Mr_Harvard]i get 150+ frames consistently and im playing on a laptop at dualcore i5 2.5 ghz, with super shitty intel graphics, something is clearly not right here[/quote]
TF2.
I've seen a bunch of posts on a variety of forums where people get better frames with less optimized configs or worse computers
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.