Upvote Upvoted 2 Downvote Downvoted
Delete MaxFrames
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

Hey I have had Chris MaxFrames config for about a month or two now, and I would like to play without it when I am playing casually, and when I scrim or play an official I would like it on. I try to remove the launch options and the commands in my auto exec but its not fully uninstalled. Plz help!!

Hey I have had Chris MaxFrames config for about a month or two now, and I would like to play without it when I am playing casually, and when I scrim or play an official I would like it on. I try to remove the launch options and the commands in my auto exec but its not fully uninstalled. Plz help!!
-9 Frags +

Copy it all into a new cry file named maxframes. Then whenever you want it on type "exec maxframes"

Copy it all into a new cry file named maxframes. Then whenever you want it on type "exec maxframes"
0 Frags +

like what do you mean fully uninstalled?
it doesnt set everything to highest quality in the game from uninstalling an fps config
it keeps in like low details because it was commanded to do so, but with commands like mat_filtertextures 0 it doesnt because they arent actually an option in the like video options box thing
so go back to the options and video settings, set everything to whatever you want and post back if it doesnt keep highest if you restart tf2

like what do you mean fully uninstalled?
it doesnt set everything to highest quality in the game from uninstalling an fps config
it keeps in like low details because it was commanded to do so, but with commands like mat_filtertextures 0 it doesnt because they arent actually an option in the like video options box thing
so go back to the options and video settings, set everything to whatever you want and post back if it doesnt keep highest if you restart tf2
2 Frags +
MOOSE_Copy it all into a new cry file named maxframes. Then whenever you want it on type "exec maxframes"

Hey I might sound like a newb but what is a cry file?

[quote=MOOSE_]Copy it all into a new cry file named maxframes. Then whenever you want it on type "exec maxframes"[/quote]

Hey I might sound like a newb but what is a cry file?
7 Frags +

he meant "cfg file" (probably got auto-corrected).

if you want to reset your config to 100% default delete autoexec.cfg and config.cfg from your \tf\cfg folder and then add -autoconfig to your launch options, turn on the game, exit the game, and then remove -autoconfig from launch options.

he meant "cfg file" (probably got auto-corrected).

if you want to reset your config to 100% default delete autoexec.cfg and config.cfg from your \tf\cfg folder and then add -autoconfig to your launch options, turn on the game, exit the game, and then remove -autoconfig from launch options.
2 Frags +

k thanks for the help guys :)

k thanks for the help guys :)
7 Frags +

I remember being really new and typing "unexec maxframes" in console

I remember being really new and typing "unexec maxframes" in console
0 Frags +
tehh4ck3rhe meant "cfg file" (probably got auto-corrected).

Hey one last thing, I have some spec killstreak things, like my rocket launcher and or scattergun, and when I pub I play with viewmodels on, yet I cant see the killstreak effect,and when I am invis as spy the hands and stuff are not very clear is there a command for this?

[quote=tehh4ck3r]he meant "cfg file" (probably got auto-corrected).

if you want to reset your config to 100% default delete autoexec.cfg and config.cfg from your \tf\cfg folder and then add -autoconfig to your launch options, turn on the game, exit the game, and then remove -autoconfig from launch options.[/quote]

Hey one last thing, I have some spec killstreak things, like my rocket launcher and or scattergun, and when I pub I play with viewmodels on, yet I cant see the killstreak effect,and when I am invis as spy the hands and stuff are not very clear is there a command for this?
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.