Upvote Upvoted 2 Downvote Downvoted
Internet disconnection
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

Hey guys, I am having a problem with my computer. Recently my internet connection kept disconnecting every hour for about a few seconds, I called my ISP about it and they put out new wires/router/modem.

After a few weeks later it happened again but just this morning my internet started to disconnected every hour for a few seconds, and I restarted my computer once and somehow the problem went away.
Is there any wrong with my internet drivers?

Hey guys, I am having a problem with my computer. Recently my internet connection kept disconnecting every hour for about a few seconds, I called my ISP about it and they put out new wires/router/modem.

After a few weeks later it happened again but just this morning my internet started to disconnected every hour for a few seconds, and I restarted my computer once and somehow the problem went away.
Is there any wrong with my internet drivers?
0 Frags +

I had that problem with my router, its DOCSIS 3.0 so the cable company (Comcast) gets to put any firmware it wants on it. Went away after a while, but was very annoying nonetheless.

However, when it would start disconnecting me hourly, a router reboot (unplug for 30 seconds) usually fixed it temporarily.

I had that problem with my router, its DOCSIS 3.0 so the cable company (Comcast) gets to put any firmware it wants on it. Went away after a while, but was very annoying nonetheless.

However, when it would start disconnecting me hourly, a router reboot (unplug for 30 seconds) usually fixed it temporarily.
1 Frags +

AuraMix do you have Verizon FiOS? I've been having this issue for about a month. I've called three times about it and nothing has fixed it just yet. The odd thing about my internet dropping is that the majority of the time it's only my downstream that drops for 15-30 seconds.

AuraMix do you have Verizon FiOS? I've been having this issue for about a month. I've called three times about it and nothing has fixed it just yet. The odd thing about my internet dropping is that the majority of the time it's only my downstream that drops for 15-30 seconds.
0 Frags +
truktrukAuraMix do you have Verizon FiOS? I've been having this issue for about a month. I've called three times about it and nothing has fixed it just yet. The odd thing about my internet dropping is that the majority of the time it's only my downstream that drops for 15-30 seconds.

Sadly I have Optimum Online and I never had this problem til recently around late summer/early fall this year.

[quote=truktruk]AuraMix do you have Verizon FiOS? I've been having this issue for about a month. I've called three times about it and nothing has fixed it just yet. The odd thing about my internet dropping is that the majority of the time it's only my downstream that drops for 15-30 seconds.[/quote]
Sadly I have Optimum Online and I never had this problem til recently around late summer/early fall this year.
0 Frags +

i have this issue on cox cable sometimes. thought it was the router for a while, tried all the fixes belkin suggested but it still occasionally does it. rebooting router + modem sometimes brings it back but it seems to be an isp-based problem on my end.

i have this issue on cox cable sometimes. thought it was the router for a while, tried all the fixes belkin suggested but it still occasionally does it. rebooting router + modem sometimes brings it back but it seems to be an isp-based problem on my end.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.