Upvote Upvoted 2 Downvote Downvoted
Suggestion for on-ear headsets?
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

hello tf.tv, I'm currently looking to purchase a pair of over-ear gaming headphones as my in-ear earbuds broke. going to try over-ear rather than in-ear this time to determine whether or not I like them better.

the most important thing I'm looking for in a pair of over-ear headphones is first, obviously the quality of the sound, and probably just as important to myself being comfort. looking for something that won't be uncomfortable after long usage. another thing I'd like is solid quality / build, nothing that would break easily. mic or no mic on the headset is not an issue for me.

does anyone have any suggestions? my budget preferrably is less than $100.

I'm currently looking at: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX52231 (Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset)

likely going to go for those pair of headphones unless anybody else has better suggestions.

thanks.

hello tf.tv, I'm currently looking to purchase a pair of over-ear gaming headphones as my in-ear earbuds broke. going to try over-ear rather than in-ear this time to determine whether or not I like them better.

the most important thing I'm looking for in a pair of over-ear headphones is first, obviously the quality of the sound, and probably just as important to myself being comfort. looking for something that won't be uncomfortable after long usage. another thing I'd like is solid quality / build, nothing that would break easily. mic or no mic on the headset is not an issue for me.

I'm currently looking at: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX52231 (Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset)

likely going to go for those pair of headphones unless anybody else has better suggestions.

thanks.
0 Frags +
Hnghello tf.tv, I'm currently looking to purchase a pair of on-ear gaming headphones as my in-ear earbuds broke. going to try on-ear rather than in-ear this time to determine whether or not I like them better.

the most important thing I'm looking for in a pair of on-ear headphones is first, obviously the quality of the sound, and probably just as important to myself being comfort. looking for something that won't be uncomfortable after long usage. another thing I'd like is solid quality / build, nothing that would break easily. mic or no mic on the headset is not an issue for me.

thanks.

to be honest those kingston are over-ear, so i guess you're looking for an over-ear headset, well those kingston are pretty decent for their price, i suggest you to go for them, otherwise, just buy heaphones+mic the comfort maybe affected, but the overall quality gonna be better

[quote=Hng]hello tf.tv, I'm currently looking to purchase a pair of on-ear gaming headphones as my in-ear earbuds broke. going to try on-ear rather than in-ear this time to determine whether or not I like them better.

the most important thing I'm looking for in a pair of on-ear headphones is first, obviously the quality of the sound, and probably just as important to myself being comfort. looking for something that won't be uncomfortable after long usage. another thing I'd like is solid quality / build, nothing that would break easily. mic or no mic on the headset is not an issue for me.

thanks.[/quote]

to be honest those kingston are over-ear, so i guess you're looking for an over-ear headset, well those kingston are pretty decent for their price, i suggest you to go for them, otherwise, just buy heaphones+mic the comfort maybe affected, but the overall quality gonna be better
0 Frags +

+1 on the HyperX Cloud, it's really fucking good.

+1 on the HyperX Cloud, it's really fucking good.
0 Frags +
rock-Hnghello tf.tv, I'm currently looking to purchase a pair of on-ear gaming headphones as my in-ear earbuds broke. going to try on-ear rather than in-ear this time to determine whether or not I like them better.

thanks.

oh I wasn't aware on-ear and over ear was two different things.. despite being obvious now lol. I think I'd prefer over ear. I have these pair of monster inspiration headphones that I bought like over a year ago (without doing research) and they're on-ear... very uncomfortable. I never wear them anymore, and I feel terrible for wasting over $200 on them lol. so yeah definetly and most likely looking for over-ear headphones / headsets.

[quote=rock-][quote=Hng]hello tf.tv, I'm currently looking to purchase a pair of on-ear gaming headphones as my in-ear earbuds broke. going to try on-ear rather than in-ear this time to determine whether or not I like them better.

thanks.[/quote]

to be honest those kingston are over-ear, so i guess you're looking for an over-ear headset, well those kingston are pretty decent for their price, i suggest you to go for them, otherwise, just buy heaphones+mic the comfort maybe affected, but the overall quality gonna be better[/quote]
oh I wasn't aware on-ear and over ear was two different things.. despite being obvious now lol. I think I'd prefer over ear. I have these pair of monster inspiration headphones that I bought like over a year ago (without doing research) and they're on-ear... very uncomfortable. I never wear them anymore, and I feel terrible for wasting over $200 on them lol. so yeah definetly and most likely looking for over-ear headphones / headsets.
2 Frags +

Don't get a headset. Get headphones and a mic. Much better quality and mics are cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AJIF4E&linkCode=as2&creative=374929&camp=211189

Or if you want in-ears after all, I've had the xiaomi pistons for over a year and the sound quality is excellent.

For mic: modmic or the Zalman are good. I personally bought a $2 no-name mic from a Chinese site and no complaints.

Don't get a headset. Get headphones and a mic. Much better quality and mics are cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AJIF4E?tag=teamfortresst-20&linkCode=as2&creative=374929&camp=211189

Or if you want in-ears after all, I've had the xiaomi pistons for over a year and the sound quality is excellent.

For mic: modmic or the Zalman are good. I personally bought a $2 no-name mic from a Chinese site and no complaints.
0 Frags +
DaStabajDon't get a headset. Get headphones and a mic. Much better quality and mics are cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AJIF4E&linkCode=as2&creative=374929&camp=211189

lol my pistons broke two days ago. one side doesn't work no more :(

instead of re-buying another pair, I just want to try over-ears for the first time.

[quote=DaStabaj]Don't get a headset. Get headphones and a mic. Much better quality and mics are cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AJIF4E?tag=teamfortresst-20&linkCode=as2&creative=374929&camp=211189

For mic: modmic or the Zalman are good. I personally bought a $2 no-name mic from a Chinese site and no complaints.[/quote]
lol my pistons broke two days ago. one side doesn't work no more :(

instead of re-buying another pair, I just want to try over-ears for the first time.
0 Frags +

Unlucky. They're dirt cheap to snag another pair though. I can't stand headphones any more. Prolonged use just gets uncomfortable. So Id suggest some high quality in ears. But yeah earbuds+mic>headphones+mic>headset

If you REALLY want a headset, corsair vengeance 1500? or razer kraken are both pretty good.

Unlucky. They're dirt cheap to snag another pair though. I can't stand headphones any more. Prolonged use just gets uncomfortable. So Id suggest some high quality in ears. But yeah earbuds+mic>headphones+mic>headset

If you REALLY want a headset, corsair vengeance 1500? or razer kraken are both pretty good.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.