Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
csgo fps dips
posted in Other Games
0 Frags +

So for some reason nowadays whenever I play csgo for any period of time, my fps will routinely go from 180 to 60 for like, several seconds and it's annoying as fuck. Does anyone else get this or know a possible fix?

So for some reason nowadays whenever I play csgo for any period of time, my fps will routinely go from 180 to 60 for like, several seconds and it's annoying as fuck. Does anyone else get this or know a possible fix?
0 Frags +

I'm not sure if mine goes as low as 60 but I'm getting a lot of fps drops too. It feels like steam is going down but I can be offline and it still happens.

I'm not sure if mine goes as low as 60 but I'm getting a lot of fps drops too. It feels like steam is going down but I can be offline and it still happens.
0 Frags +

I was gonna say do you have an fps config but idek if there is one for csgo?

I was gonna say do you have an fps config but idek if there is one for csgo?
0 Frags +

ff

ff
2 Frags +
ShooshI was gonna say do you have an fps config but idek if there is one for csgo?

As far as I'm aware of, csgo's graphic settings do not impact fps or the actual ingame visuals much, it seems like the game is geared towards making the graphics look as universal for everyone as possible

[quote=Shoosh]I was gonna say do you have an fps config but idek if there is one for csgo?[/quote]
As far as I'm aware of, csgo's graphic settings do not impact fps or the actual ingame visuals much, it seems like the game is geared towards making the graphics look as universal for everyone as possible
0 Frags +

I have this too, locks itself to 60 or something for a few seconds and then goes back to normal.
I've checked my cpu and gpu temps and they are both far from hot enough to throttle.

I sometimes (rarely compared to in CS:GO) have this happen in tf2 as well, would love to know what is causing this.

I have this too, locks itself to 60 or something for a few seconds and then goes back to normal.
I've checked my cpu and gpu temps and they are both far from hot enough to throttle.

I sometimes (rarely compared to in CS:GO) have this happen in tf2 as well, would love to know what is causing this.
0 Frags +

i've heard this problem pop up a lot. Haven't really seen any solution other then restarting my computer.

i've heard this problem pop up a lot. Haven't really seen any solution other then restarting my computer.
-4 Frags +

I like the use of dip in this title
it sounds so nice

I like the use of dip in this title
it sounds so nice
0 Frags +

I get fps playing with a lower resolution, otherwise idk unless it's dipping when you're walking in smoke or something.

I get fps playing with a lower resolution, otherwise idk unless it's dipping when you're walking in smoke or something.
0 Frags +

i use a config to maintain 160 fps

i use a config to maintain 160 fps
9 Frags +

You wanna post it?

You wanna post it?
2 Frags +

disable steam overlay, worked for me

disable steam overlay, worked for me
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.