Upvote Upvoted 9 Downvote Downvoted
1 2 3 4 ⋅⋅ 8
What pub community did you come from?
posted in Off Topic
0 Frags +

With the talk about Dave__AC's plays on TeamInterrobang, I figured we could use a thread like this. I dont think one already exists, but it couldnt hurt to have a new one. So, everybody. What's your story?

I started playing around late 2010, and spent about 2 years on Merry Band of Misfit's 24/7 Orange All Crits Low Gravity Server. I met a lot of cool people there, such as demoted and Selc, and one guy I later met in real life on a backpacking trip in New Mexico. I knew cp_orange_basement by heart. I loved the ranking system there, and eventually decided to try out "real" tf2, and i really never went back. Recently. I went back to one of the MBM servers when they posted an event, and saw that even a couple years later, some of the same people were there. Even if they didnt remember me.

So, lets say tf2 is dying. Lets reminisce. Do you guys have any stories? Where did ya'll start?

With the talk about Dave__AC's plays on TeamInterrobang, I figured we could use a thread like this. I dont think one already exists, but it couldnt hurt to have a new one. So, everybody. What's your story?

I started playing around late 2010, and spent about 2 years on [b]Merry Band of Misfit's 24/7 Orange All Crits Low Gravity Server.[/b] I met a lot of cool people there, such as demoted and Selc, and one guy I later met in real life on a backpacking trip in New Mexico. I knew cp_orange_basement by heart. I loved the ranking system there, and eventually decided to try out "real" tf2, and i really never went back. Recently. I went back to one of the MBM servers when they posted an event, and saw that even a couple years later, some of the same people were there. Even if they didnt remember me.

So, lets say tf2 is dying. Lets reminisce. Do you guys have any stories? Where did ya'll start?
-18 Frags +

Never pubbed

Don't regret a thing.

Never pubbed

Don't regret a thing.
0 Frags +

Literally SPUF.

Back when the regulars were actually fun people and users had community spirit, that is.

Literally SPUF.

Back when the regulars were actually fun people and users had community spirit, that is.
0 Frags +

I was and still am a Pub drifter. I just go from community to community in a journey to find good custom maps and players.

I was and still am a Pub drifter. I just go from community to community in a journey to find good custom maps and players.
1 Frags +

idorts in 2009

weeabootique in 2011

idorts in 2009

weeabootique in 2011
6 Frags +

http://www.ragecommunity.com/forums/

i got banned for calling an admin a hacker and insulting her and her friend. she got VAC banned a few weeks later.

They responded by donating hats to her because "her account was compromised" and she co-leads it now

edit: Most of them are really nice people please don't hate the members based off of that. I just don't really recommend it because they have lots of leadership problems.

http://www.ragecommunity.com/forums/

i got banned for calling an admin a hacker and insulting her and her friend. she got VAC banned a few weeks later.

They responded by donating hats to her because "her account was compromised" and she co-leads it now

edit: Most of them are really nice people please don't hate the members based off of that. I just don't really recommend it because they have lots of leadership problems.
4 Frags +

http://ozzyfurocity.net/

fun trolling those nerds

http://ozzyfurocity.net/

fun trolling those nerds
1 Frags +

My very existence is defined by one map...WARPATH.

Since TFC released it as its second(third?) CP map, always pubbed that one map and its various versions throughout the years. For TF2, I mostly played on a server called TheVille that hosted a good bit of Warpath and another called No Heroes. The few good TFC servers a good while back were Bronson's Lounge, Lottuvspam, and "FragFestival" or something.

Only one that's really alive now is No Heroes - always nice to go there and relax a bit with all the crazy spam and chaos.

EDIT: To answer the question more concisely, I hail from No Heroes.

My very existence is defined by one map...WARPATH.

Since TFC released it as its second(third?) CP map, always pubbed that one map and its various versions throughout the years. For TF2, I mostly played on a server called TheVille that hosted a good bit of Warpath and another called No Heroes. The few good TFC servers a good while back were Bronson's Lounge, Lottuvspam, and "FragFestival" or something.

Only one that's really alive now is No Heroes - always nice to go there and relax a bit with all the crazy spam and chaos.

EDIT: To answer the question more concisely, I hail from No Heroes.
0 Frags +

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Paiste20RudeThinCrashCymbal

Small pub community that has a Hightower server. Before I played there I just wondered about valve/skial/lotus clan servers. I heard about competitive there because some dude played highlander engineer or some shit like that.

Still play there when I'm not in dm/pugs etc.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Paiste20RudeThinCrashCymbal

Small pub community that has a Hightower server. Before I played there I just wondered about valve/skial/lotus clan servers. I heard about competitive there because some dude played highlander engineer or some shit like that.

Still play there when I'm not in dm/pugs etc.
4 Frags +
wweeabootique in 2011

touhou mic spam and vote kicks teek was the best

also played on the tf2 party van a lot which I am ashamed to admit : (

[quote=w]weeabootique in 2011[/quote]
touhou mic spam and vote kicks teek was the best

also played on the tf2 party van a lot which I am ashamed to admit : (
0 Frags +

The lions den!

[url=http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thelionsfriends]The lions den![/url]
10 Frags +

The now dead, and long dead. ProTF2. Nothing Pro about that community, funnily enough they were all bad.

The now dead, and long dead. ProTF2. Nothing Pro about that community, funnily enough they were all bad.
0 Frags +

Skial Harvest 24/7 EU. I know a lot of people complain about Skial and for the most part I agree but that server in particular was something else back in its day; wonderful atmosphere, the friendliest regulars in the world (and they were ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD HOLY SHIT) and even an admin who actually gave a shit, had fun with the regulars and treated people fairly. Harvest isn't exactly the best designed or balanced map but it's fun to rocket jump around and go for dumb airshots on which is how I first learned how2soldier.

It's now a Skial+ 32-player instant respawn server and the regular community on there has been reasonably dead for quite a while now but even now I'm playing almost exclusively 6s and having by far the most fun I've ever had with the game some of my fondest memories are of that server and I met some of my closest friends in the game on there.

Also we had Larval Extract before he was cool and being mentioned on Fully Charged Europe and stuff dammit.

Skial Harvest 24/7 EU. I know a lot of people complain about Skial and for the most part I agree but that server in particular was something else back in its day; wonderful atmosphere, the friendliest regulars in the world (and they were ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD HOLY SHIT) and even an admin who actually gave a shit, had fun with the regulars and treated people fairly. Harvest isn't exactly the best designed or balanced map but it's fun to rocket jump around and go for dumb airshots on which is how I first learned how2soldier.

It's now a Skial+ 32-player instant respawn server and the regular community on there has been reasonably dead for quite a while now but even now I'm playing almost exclusively 6s and having by far the most fun I've ever had with the game some of my fondest memories are of that server and I met some of my closest friends in the game on there.

Also we had Larval Extract before he was cool and being mentioned on Fully Charged Europe and stuff dammit.
0 Frags +

i'm so infamous in pubs i dont even know where to start

i'm so infamous in pubs i dont even know where to start
0 Frags +

I used to play a lot on Chocolate Hammer, which was an offshoot of a fairly large gaming forum. They actually used to have an ESEA Open team. Unfortunately most of the regulars died off and now the is pretty dead. I've been trying for years to get some of the survivors interested in comp but to no avail.

I used to play a lot on Chocolate Hammer, which was an offshoot of a fairly large gaming forum. They actually used to have an ESEA Open team. Unfortunately most of the regulars died off and now the is pretty dead. I've been trying for years to get some of the survivors interested in comp but to no avail.
2 Frags +

cut throats 24/7 egypt, met lots of super neat e-buds there that I still play with... also played way more harvest than anyone ever should

cut throats 24/7 egypt, met lots of super neat e-buds there that I still play with... also played way more harvest than anyone ever should
0 Frags +

I drifted around different pub communities my first year I bought tf2. Played a lot of the saxton hale mod. Eventually I played on a really toxic 24/7 cp_purple server for about a year in a half, maybe even two years, met some cool dudes and the one and only fuckmachine, we became pretty good e-amigos after he showed me mge and "real" tf2. Pretty terrible origin but I'm glad someone was able to get me into comp.

shoutout 2 fm and protato

I drifted around different pub communities my first year I bought tf2. Played a lot of the saxton hale mod. Eventually I played on a really toxic 24/7 cp_purple server for about a year in a half, maybe even two years, met some cool dudes and the one and only fuckmachine, we became pretty good e-amigos after he showed me mge and "real" tf2. Pretty terrible origin but I'm glad someone was able to get me into comp.

shoutout 2 fm and protato
-3 Frags +

weeabootique. jk

weeabootique. jk
0 Frags +

reddit midwest/ control point podcast

reddit midwest/ control point podcast
-6 Frags +

shibby2142..

shibby2142..
0 Frags +

ded

ded
13 Frags +

SKIAL BADWATER LA REPRESENT

SKIAL BADWATER LA REPRESENT
0 Frags +

The Junkyard

The Junkyard
2 Frags +

Spent the first 1500 hours of my career on the Older Than Dos clan server. Entry requirement to the clan "family" was that you were literally older than DOS. Coolest bunch of old people you ever met, the ringleader was a 60-something year old who frequently took breaks to smoke a bowl. Unfortunately, real life got in the way and many of them took to prioritizing their families over videogames.

If any former OTDers are reading this, <3 you guys

Spent the first 1500 hours of my career on the Older Than Dos clan server. Entry requirement to the clan "family" was that you were literally older than DOS. Coolest bunch of old people you ever met, the ringleader was a 60-something year old who frequently took breaks to smoke a bowl. Unfortunately, real life got in the way and many of them took to prioritizing their families over videogames.

If any former OTDers are reading this, <3 you guys
0 Frags +

Oregon Swat Unit! http://www.osuswat.com/index.shtml

Ended up playing 6v6 with the same team for two years as well.

Oregon Swat Unit! http://www.osuswat.com/index.shtml

Ended up playing 6v6 with the same team for two years as well.
2 Frags +

played on an arena server called HoNk with megawac
i think i used to see ndust on there when his name was "A Powerful Wizard IRL"

played on an arena server called HoNk with megawac
i think i used to see ndust on there when his name was "A Powerful Wizard IRL"
2 Frags +

The Weeabootique | I love Kyou a lot

3 Frags +

5 Frags +

This is back in 2007, but Team Fortress Two Fort.

[TF2F]SmerBuick

A few others you may recognize came from TF2F as well, TLR and cw :o

Actually ROFL:

Uploaded on Aug 18, 2008 by TLR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW0whT5GxPo

"This is a Soldier/Demo frag movie. No Pub footage and No crits. All of the footage was taken from 6v6 Clan Matches and Pick-up games."

This is back in 2007, but Team Fortress Two Fort.

[TF2F]SmerBuick

A few others you may recognize came from TF2F as well, TLR and cw :o

Actually ROFL:

[b]Uploaded on Aug 18, 2008 by TLR[/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW0whT5GxPo

"This is a Soldier/Demo frag movie. No Pub footage and No crits. All of the footage was taken from 6v6 Clan Matches and Pick-up games."
-3 Frags +

Hell's Kitchen. Although I never became an official member of their community, I very much enjoyed playing on their servers.

Had my first pug 7v7 experience with their community. After watching an ESEA LAN I wanted to start playing in a more organized setting. That was my first shot at it and I enjoyed it enough to form a team shortly after.

Hell's Kitchen. Although I never became an official member of their community, I very much enjoyed playing on their servers.

Had my first pug 7v7 experience with their community. After watching an ESEA LAN I wanted to start playing in a more organized setting. That was my first shot at it and I enjoyed it enough to form a team shortly after.
1 2 3 4 ⋅⋅ 8
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.