Completed
DATE
Sunday, Dec 21st
TIME
3:00 PM EST
STREAM
TFTV
ABOUT

Join Twiggy & Admirable for the follow up to last Sunday's mix team unrestricted showmatch. This time featuring actual teams! Ze Knutsson Rollerbladers A.K.A. BK finished second in the most recent Season 19 of European 6on6 whilst big boy bonjour represent the hottest new prospect for Season 20, as legendary demoman, kaidus, returns with an incredible new roster.

Valve's Game | Ze Knutsson Rollerbladers | big boy bonjour
Map 1 - cp_badlands
Map 2 - cp_gullywash_final1
Map 3 - cp_process_final
Interviews
1 Frags +

http://etf2l.org/teams/22474/ - who'll be the sixth player? :O

http://etf2l.org/teams/22474/ - who'll be the sixth player? :O
1 Frags +
CHERRYhttp://etf2l.org/teams/22474/ - who'll be the sixth player? :O

A mysterious player? :o

[quote=CHERRY]http://etf2l.org/teams/22474/ - who'll be the sixth player? :O[/quote]

A mysterious player? :o
8 Frags +

skeej

skeej
1 Frags +

Sounds great

Sounds great
15 Frags +

Would like to see an NA showmatch of this eventually.

Would like to see an NA showmatch of this eventually.
eXtelevision
5 Frags +

I want to see Heavy/Pyro/Sniper all whipped to mid. Together.

It'll make heads eXplode.

I want to see Heavy/Pyro/Sniper all whipped to mid. Together.

It'll make heads eXplode.
2 Frags +

Fists of Steel whipped Heavy, Short Circuit + Pomson Engie and Quick fix healed Powerjack Pyros please. If we're gonna show Valve how dumb some most of these unlocks are, we may as well go all the way.

Fists of Steel whipped Heavy, Short Circuit + Pomson Engie and Quick fix healed Powerjack Pyros please. If we're gonna show Valve how dumb [s]some[/s] most of these unlocks are, we may as well go all the way.
9 Frags +

Id hate to see this be the last "Valve's Game". Especially if one unlock proves to be pretty good and dominate the game. Part of the fun is seeing players counter and play around the unlocks, as well as them being abused.

Im extremely excited for this.

Id hate to see this be the last "Valve's Game". Especially if one unlock proves to be pretty good and dominate the game. Part of the fun is seeing players counter and play around the unlocks, as well as them being abused.

2 Frags +

I accidentally crafted all my engineer items after being camped by a wrangled mini in public.

Sorry team will find new ways to be op.

I accidentally crafted all my engineer items after being camped by a wrangled mini in public.

Sorry team will find new ways to be op.
whitelist.tf
4 Frags +

scrap.tf to the rescue for the random unlocks!

[url=http://scrap.tf/weapons]scrap.tf[/url] to the rescue for the random unlocks!
8 Frags +

i just hope the players switch it up during the matches and not use one set of unlocks all match

i just hope the players switch it up during the matches and not use one set of unlocks all match
8 Frags +
RadmanId hate to see this be the last "Valve's Game". Especially if one unlock proves to be pretty good and dominate the game. Part of the fun is seeing players counter and play around the unlocks, as well as them being abused.

If the soldiers stop experimenting with the shittier primaries bfb won't be quite as op
Seriously, just because it's an open whitelist doesn't mean that stock still isn't the best generalist weapon, at least for soldier.

[quote=Radman]Id hate to see this be the last "Valve's Game". Especially if one unlock proves to be pretty good and dominate the game. Part of the fun is seeing players counter and play around the unlocks, as well as them being abused.

Im extremely excited for this.[/quote]
If the soldiers stop experimenting with the shittier primaries bfb won't be quite as op
Seriously, just because it's an open whitelist doesn't mean that stock still isn't the best generalist weapon, at least for soldier.
2 Frags +

Rosters confirmed... probably
http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/2pzfkf/more_experimental_european_valves_game_action/

Rosters confirmed... probably
http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/2pzfkf/more_experimental_european_valves_game_action/
6 Frags +

Drago & The Argonauts: That moment when you realize that ryb isn't here only from the newspost about a showmatch
Drago & The Argonauts: :D
bk. AMS: wat
bk. AMS: is he not

This team :D

Drago & The Argonauts: That moment when you realize that ryb isn't here only from the newspost about a showmatch
Drago & The Argonauts: :D
bk. AMS: wat
bk. AMS: is he not

This team :D
1 Frags +

Kaptain direct hit op

Kaptain direct hit op
2 Frags +
RadmanId hate to see this be the last "Valve's Game". Especially if one unlock proves to be pretty good and dominate the game. Part of the fun is seeing players counter and play around the unlocks, as well as them being abused.

Who knows what will happen next 8)

[quote=Radman]Id hate to see this be the last "Valve's Game". Especially if one unlock proves to be pretty good and dominate the game. Part of the fun is seeing players counter and play around the unlocks, as well as them being abused.

Im extremely excited for this.[/quote]

Who knows what will happen next 8)
1 Frags +

I hope this will prove popular enough to have a mini league start up around it. I know I'd be willing to donate to a prize pot for something like this.

I hope this will prove popular enough to have a mini league start up around it. I know I'd be willing to donate to a prize pot for something like this.
eXtelevision
8 Frags +

Won't be able to watch this live, but I hope everyone has a good time and enjoys it. I know a lot of people disagree with myself pushing Arena:Respawn but it comes from my feeling that there is a better way than 6s with a restrictive whitelist.

If open whitelist allows for more class versatility throughout the game and more creativity with item loadouts, I think it'd significantly help 6s reach the wider TF2 community.

Please play/watch with an open mindset and push those strategies to the limit!

p.s. can we get open whitelist as an option in TF2Center?

Won't be able to watch this live, but I hope everyone has a good time and enjoys it. I know a lot of people disagree with myself pushing Arena:Respawn but it comes from my feeling that there is a better way than 6s with a restrictive whitelist.

If open whitelist allows for more class versatility throughout the game and more creativity with item loadouts, I think it'd significantly help 6s reach the wider TF2 community.

Please play/watch with an open mindset and push those strategies to the limit!

p.s. can we get open whitelist as an option in TF2Center?
1 Frags +

tf2center whitelists depend on the server owner/center leader and are often less restrictive than say #tf2mix simply because it's more casual.

tf2center whitelists depend on the server owner/center leader and are often less restrictive than say #tf2mix simply because it's more casual.
serveme.tf
6 Frags +

I'm raffling a key for every airshot (pipe or rocket) on stream, keep an eye out on twitch chat for the raffle link.

I'm raffling a key for every airshot (pipe or rocket) on stream, keep an eye out on twitch chat for the raffle link.
6 Frags +

this is actually pretty fun to watch

face blaster op though

this is actually pretty fun to watch

face blaster op though
1 Frags +

zebbosaigod
http://logs.tf/590522?highlight=76561198001877346

outdamaging both demos on gullywash

zebbosaigod
http://logs.tf/590522?highlight=76561198001877346

outdamaging both demos on gullywash
3 Frags +

Honestly natascha should see more use in this. It really destroys BFB scouts.

But that means playing a gamemode with the correct play being running full time natascha and no one wants that.

Honestly natascha should see more use in this. It really destroys BFB scouts.

But that means playing a gamemode with the correct play being running full time natascha and no one wants that.
5 Frags +

I think that what these showmatches really showcased is the need for full list games to be played so we can spot the problems for Valve. And hey, we spotted one: the BFB. No one really knew how it would play out before this, and now we can see clear as day that it needs rebalancing. This is why things like full unlock matchmaking would be good...people don't like some weapons because they're overpowered, show it, and then we can show that to Valve.

Another thing that I keep noticing is a lot of the fear of certain other unlocks seem unfounded. The constantly referenced "Pomson/Short Circuit/Gunslinger" Engie was no where to be seen, and we can see that in the few cases an engie was out, they were little help in comparison to a scout or a solider. I remember a SC/Mini engie coming out in the last showmatch, and while he had his annoying moments, he was never a factor in victory and was usually dispatched quickly. Once again, things like this are why I think we need to see more open whitelist matches.

For now, I think the question goes to class limits. We can't rebalance the weapons ourselves and need to wait on Valve, who have shown willingness to rebalance even stock weapons...so for now, the idea of limiting scout in future open whitelist matches comes up. Should it just be scout? Should it be a single class limit? One per class? Do the addition of all unlocks remove the need for two soldiers, and if not, why does soldier get the special rule?

Dunno. Discuss, lets try to find out. I personally really liked these matches and would like to see them go forward.

I think that what these showmatches really showcased is the need for full list games to be played so we can spot the problems for Valve. And hey, we spotted one: the BFB. No one really knew how it would play out before this, and now we can see clear as day that it needs rebalancing. This is why things like full unlock matchmaking would be good...people don't like some weapons because they're overpowered, show it, and then we can show that to Valve.

Another thing that I keep noticing is a lot of the fear of certain other unlocks seem unfounded. The constantly referenced "Pomson/Short Circuit/Gunslinger" Engie was no where to be seen, and we can see that in the few cases an engie was out, they were little help in comparison to a scout or a solider. I remember a SC/Mini engie coming out in the last showmatch, and while he had his annoying moments, he was never a factor in victory and was usually dispatched quickly. Once again, things like this are why I think we need to see more open whitelist matches.

For now, I think the question goes to class limits. We can't rebalance the weapons ourselves and need to wait on Valve, who have shown willingness to rebalance even stock weapons...so for now, the idea of limiting scout in future open whitelist matches comes up. Should it just be scout? Should it be a single class limit? One per class? Do the addition of all unlocks remove the need for two soldiers, and if not, why does soldier get the special rule?

Dunno. Discuss, lets try to find out. I personally really liked these matches and would like to see them go forward.
4 Frags +

Hm so that was basically the same thing as last week? BFB dominates, Engie/Heavy/Pyro are shit even with unlocks, Quick-Fix is mostly run but some Kritz plays destroyed it, Demo is still the best. It's all there in the VODs.

I still don't think the teams really fully explored their options, especially for BFB: even if it sounds stupid I want to see how Natascha, Beggar's, etc. counter it. Would be interesting to see Scout class limits at 1 as some people brought up.

Props to the casters for being open-minded, makes for much more interesting commentary than complaining about certain weapons. Really fun games.

Hm so that was basically the same thing as last week? BFB dominates, Engie/Heavy/Pyro are shit even with unlocks, Quick-Fix is mostly run but some Kritz plays destroyed it, Demo is still the best. It's all there in the VODs.

I still don't think the teams really fully explored their options, especially for BFB: even if it sounds stupid I want to see how Natascha, Beggar's, etc. counter it. Would be interesting to see Scout class limits at 1 as some people brought up.

Props to the casters for being open-minded, makes for much more interesting commentary than complaining about certain weapons. Really fun games.
13 Frags +

Soldiers running direct hit while scouts run around dominating... was hoping to see this taken a little more seriously. :/

Hopefully we can see more of these without class limits.

Soldiers running direct hit while scouts run around dominating... was hoping to see this taken a little more seriously. :/

Hopefully we can see more of these without class limits.
1 Frags +
r4ptureI think that what these showmatches really showcased is the need for full list games to be played so we can spot the problems for Valve. And hey, we spotted one: the BFB. No one really knew how it would play out before this, and now we can see clear as day that it needs rebalancing. This is why things like full unlock matchmaking would be good...people don't like some weapons because they're overpowered, show it, and then we can show that to Valve.

agreed. During Dreamhack, SirScoots was saying this about CS:GO competitive scene trying to get the CZ nerfed. Valve was like, "well, prove it."

[quote=r4pture]I think that what these showmatches really showcased is the need for full list games to be played so we can spot the problems for Valve. And hey, we spotted one: the BFB. No one really knew how it would play out before this, and now we can see clear as day that it needs rebalancing. This is why things like full unlock matchmaking would be good...people don't like some weapons because they're overpowered, show it, and then we can show that to Valve.[/quote]

agreed. During Dreamhack, SirScoots was saying this about CS:GO competitive scene trying to get the CZ nerfed. Valve was like, "well, prove it."
10 Frags +

While we're cutting the VODs and uploading them, here's the instant replay/highlight reel which was playing at the end of the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS_LcLs8SBY

We've been experimenting a little with OBS' replay feature (you also saw some during the RealTourney Ultiduo stream yesterday), so prepare for some instant replay technology in the upcoming seasons!

While we're cutting the VODs and uploading them, here's the instant replay/highlight reel which was playing at the end of the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS_LcLs8SBY

We've been experimenting a little with OBS' replay feature (you also saw some during the RealTourney Ultiduo stream yesterday), so prepare for some instant replay technology in the upcoming seasons!
2 Frags +

Thanks for the key Arie ^_-

Thanks for the key Arie ^_-
serveme.tf
3 Frags +
evokjeThanks for the key Arie ^_-

I won one myself too! Thanks Arie!

[quote=evokje]Thanks for the key Arie ^_-[/quote]

I won one myself too! Thanks Arie!
1 2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.