Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
TF2 not starting in lawena
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

I try to start up TF2 in lawena for demos but it does not open.
I've updated Java to its latest update.
I've cleared out the extra space in my cfg and custom files.

But it always reads this:
Process was interrupted: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "98/steam.exe": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

TF2 launch timeout: around 120 seconds

I try to start up TF2 in lawena for demos but it does not open.
I've updated Java to its latest update.
I've cleared out the extra space in my cfg and custom files.

But it always reads this:
Process was interrupted: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "98/steam.exe": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

TF2 launch timeout: around 120 seconds
0 Frags +

repost from my thread:

Is Lawena installed inside of your TF2 folder? If it is, try moving/reinstalling it somewhere else, such as in a folder on your desktop and see if that helps.

repost from my thread:

Is Lawena installed inside of your TF2 folder? If it is, try moving/reinstalling it somewhere else, such as in a folder on your desktop and see if that helps.
0 Frags +

No, lawena is in my documents. So that is not the problem.

No, lawena is in my documents. So that is not the problem.
0 Frags +

Welp. Lawena just deleted my whole custom folder but not my cfg folder. It's not in lwrtcustom either. So...

Welp. Lawena just deleted my whole custom folder but not my cfg folder. It's not in lwrtcustom either. So...
0 Frags +

Go to your computer via the start menu. Click "system properties" on the top. Click on the "advanced settings" tab, then click on "advanced". Click on "environmental variables". Under "system variables" locate "path". Click edit, add a semicolon to the end and then add C:\Program Files (86)\Java\jre7\bin

If this doesn't help, then I'm not sure.

Go to your computer via the start menu. Click "system properties" on the top. Click on the "advanced settings" tab, then click on "advanced". Click on "environmental variables". Under "system variables" locate "path". Click edit, add a semicolon to the end and then add C:\Program Files (86)\Java\jre7\bin

If this doesn't help, then I'm not sure.
0 Frags +

Unfortunately, it is still broken.
Fixed the path but no progress. :/

Unfortunately, it is still broken.
Fixed the path but no progress. :/
0 Frags +

First thing you always should do when working with programs that temporary replace you custom folder, back up your own custom folder.

First thing you always should do when working with programs that temporary replace you custom folder, back up your own custom folder.
0 Frags +

speaking of lawena, im having a problem compiling the frames, ive tried using so many guides and i still cant figure out the problem, essentially when i compile it into the avi it's extremely choppy, missing frames, in like 10fps, not even, and the audio is all messed up, someone help pls.

speaking of lawena, im having a problem compiling the frames, ive tried using so many guides and i still cant figure out the problem, essentially when i compile it into the avi it's extremely choppy, missing frames, in like 10fps, not even, and the audio is all messed up, someone help pls.
0 Frags +

I had a similar problem when I first used lawena.

For me, I needed to run the program as administrator.

I had a similar problem when I first used lawena.

For me, I needed to run the program as administrator.
0 Frags +
Mr_Harvardspeaking of lawena, im having a problem compiling the frames, ive tried using so many guides and i still cant figure out the problem, essentially when i compile it into the avi it's extremely choppy, missing frames, in like 10fps, not even, and the audio is all messed up, someone help pls.

Are you using Vdub?

[quote=Mr_Harvard]speaking of lawena, im having a problem compiling the frames, ive tried using so many guides and i still cant figure out the problem, essentially when i compile it into the avi it's extremely choppy, missing frames, in like 10fps, not even, and the audio is all messed up, someone help pls.[/quote]

Are you using Vdub?
0 Frags +

yes i am
edit thankyou heinz i thought that was optional, thank you soooo much

yes i am
edit thankyou heinz i thought that was optional, thank you soooo much
0 Frags +

The file is too big for any normal videoplayer to play, you gotta compress it with something like sony vegas or H.264 encoder

The file is too big for any normal videoplayer to play, you gotta compress it with something like sony vegas or H.264 encoder
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.