Upvote Upvoted 0 Downvote Downvoted
Strange case of bad frames
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

I have been having some serious frame rate issues. Generally, I get 67 frames all the time and get slight drops in 32 player pubs. Then, I press the power button on my laptop, it wakes up and BOOM, 67 frames to 15. This led me to believe there must be some viruses but after multiple scans in safe mode, nothing turned up. I uninstalled my tf folder and steelseries engine and then my frames went back up but doing all that uninstalling and re installing is extremely time consuming. Is there a solution to my problem? Is anyone else having these problems?

My computer is a i5, 8gb of ram and pretty new(got it in June). Please don't tell me to use dx80 because I like looking at shiny stuff in TF2. Also, I use Comanglia's fps config(easily the best fps config).

I have been having some serious frame rate issues. Generally, I get 67 frames all the time and get slight drops in 32 player pubs. Then, I press the power button on my laptop, it wakes up and BOOM, 67 frames to 15. This led me to believe there must be some viruses but after multiple scans in safe mode, nothing turned up. I uninstalled my tf folder and steelseries engine and then my frames went back up but doing all that uninstalling and re installing is extremely time consuming. Is there a solution to my problem? Is anyone else having these problems?

My computer is a i5, 8gb of ram and pretty new(got it in June). Please don't tell me to use dx80 because I like looking at shiny stuff in TF2. Also, I use Comanglia's fps config(easily the best fps config).
0 Frags +

is laptop power saver mode?

is laptop power saver mode?
2 Frags +
cage-is laptop power saver mode?

nope always on high performance

[quote=cage-]is laptop power saver mode?[/quote]
nope always on high performance
2 Frags +

I used to play on a laptop and the main problem for me was heat. Getting a cooling pad helped quite a bit.

I used to play on a laptop and the main problem for me was heat. Getting a cooling pad helped quite a bit.
2 Frags +

If you want your fps, there must be some sarcifice, using dx80 would be an improvement to your fps.
(also trying charging your laptop while playing,it works for me.)

If you want your fps, there must be some sarcifice, using dx80 would be an improvement to your fps.
(also trying charging your laptop while playing,it works for me.)
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.