Upvote Upvoted 2 Downvote Downvoted
Fixing Framerate on Videos?
posted in Videos
0 Frags +

Hey, I've been trying to start my own series of mentoring videos but everyone says the framerate is so bad they won't watch them... I'm using OBS's recording function to capture the gameplay; when I recorded the original video it was set to 30 fps at a 1.5 downscale from 1920 by 1080 (making it 1280 x 720). I have fps capped at 121 in game and usually average around 140 uncapped, 100 while recording. I used live movie maker to edit and then save the completed video as a mp4 "for high-definition display." I then uploaded this to youtube at default settings. I think the video looks good personally (maybe it only looks good on my monitor?) but people are telling me it's very choppy and I'd like to know how to fix it.

Here's the video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RByd4ch7_M

(of course, any other comments would be great)

Hey, I've been trying to start my own series of mentoring videos but everyone says the framerate is so bad they won't watch them... I'm using OBS's recording function to capture the gameplay; when I recorded the original video it was set to 30 fps at a 1.5 downscale from 1920 by 1080 (making it 1280 x 720). I have fps capped at 121 in game and usually average around 140 uncapped, 100 while recording. I used live movie maker to edit and then save the completed video as a mp4 "for high-definition display." I then uploaded this to youtube at default settings. I think the video looks good personally (maybe it only looks good on my monitor?) but people are telling me it's very choppy and I'd like to know how to fix it.

Here's the video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RByd4ch7_M

(of course, any other comments would be great)
1 Frags +

Oh god yeah i see it too

i dont have any ideas for fixes though, sorry

ive heard that recording at 60 and then uploading at 30 makes it look much more smooth

Oh god yeah i see it too

i dont have any ideas for fixes though, sorry

ive heard that recording at 60 and then uploading at 30 makes it look much more smooth
0 Frags +

You could always record everything with obs first, only audio. And record everything you do with a demo file, and then make a high quality version with lewna and render it, and then paste eveything together in editing software

You could always record everything with obs first, only audio. And record everything you do with a demo file, and then make a high quality version with lewna and render it, and then paste eveything together in editing software
0 Frags +

0 Frags +

Alright thanks guys! I re-recorded at fps_max 61 with 30 on obs and it turned out a lot better.

Alright thanks guys! I re-recorded at fps_max 61 with 30 on obs and it turned out a lot better.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.