Upvote Upvoted 9 Downvote Downvoted
Audio experts, Need your help!
posted in Off Topic
0 Frags +

Ayo.

I recently started my own music and live recording project. Got lots of questions related to audio recording/ equipment.

If you are capable of helping out, lemme know in this thread and i will get in touch with you!

Ayo.

I recently started my own music and live recording project. Got lots of questions related to audio recording/ equipment.

If you are capable of helping out, lemme know in this thread and i will get in touch with you!
2 Frags +

I love taking about audio hardware. My first job out of high school was helping rebuild the studios of a non-commercial FM radio station. Feel free to hit me up.

I love taking about audio hardware. My first job out of high school was helping rebuild the studios of a non-commercial FM radio station. Feel free to hit me up.
0 Frags +
MasterKuniI love taking about audio hardware. My first job out of high school was helping rebuild the studios of a non-commercial FM radio station. Feel free to hit me up.

Added :)

[quote=MasterKuni]I love taking about audio hardware. My first job out of high school was helping rebuild the studios of a non-commercial FM radio station. Feel free to hit me up.[/quote]
Added :)
0 Frags +

good luck huhy

good luck huhy
1 Frags +
hitheregood luck huhy

Tyvm!

[quote=hithere]good luck huhy[/quote]
Tyvm!
2 Frags +

Not sure if I could help but I studied music production a few years ago and still do the occasional project. Shout if you've not already gotten the help you need.

Not sure if I could help but I studied music production a few years ago and still do the occasional project. Shout if you've not already gotten the help you need.
0 Frags +

Not sure how far you plan on going or how deep you've delved, but this site has a ton of great free multi-tracks to practice mixing so that you can develop a pretty good ear for your own mixes. Some have articles related to the recordings attached as well which is always an interesting read. http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm

The most important thing I can say with recordings: keep the headroom. I mix too many songs that're recorded rather hot, and it makes the process a pain to achieve a crisp, dynamic tone.

Not sure how far you plan on going or how deep you've delved, but this site has a ton of great free multi-tracks to practice mixing so that you can develop a pretty good ear for your own mixes. Some have articles related to the recordings attached as well which is always an interesting read. http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm

The most important thing I can say with recordings: keep the headroom. I mix too many songs that're recorded rather hot, and it makes the process a pain to achieve a crisp, dynamic tone.
0 Frags +

Yeah, any guide that says to record hot for the S:N ratio is really outdated. In the 16bit DAW world, you had to because of limitations, but now in the 24+bit world you can record a lot quieter. Gain staging is pretty important in getting good recordings.

You can always make a track louder in mastering, but you cant make a track quieter (with compression). Record at a reasonable level, mix quiet (levels well away from clipping), and then mastering can increase the volume.

Yeah, any guide that says to record hot for the S:N ratio is really outdated. In the 16bit DAW world, you had to because of limitations, but now in the 24+bit world you can record a lot quieter. Gain staging is pretty important in getting good recordings.

You can always make a track louder in mastering, but you cant make a track quieter (with compression). Record at a reasonable level, mix quiet (levels well away from clipping), and then mastering can increase the volume.
1 Frags +

I am gonna bump this thread to give Huhy some inspiration. Here is my first ever song I have ever made

I think your goal should be to just not make something so fucking terrible as that. I know you can do it Huhy. If you want any advice on how not to make music add me on steam and I can help.

I am gonna bump this thread to give Huhy some inspiration. [url=http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/KqZzkNRq/file.html]Here is my first ever song I have ever made[/url]

I think your goal should be to just not make something so fucking terrible as that. I know you can do it Huhy. If you want any advice on how not to make music add me on steam and I can help.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.