Upvote Upvoted 0 Downvote Downvoted
cfg helpz
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

alright guys i have this in my cfg

tf_remember_activeweapon "0"
tf_remember_lastswitched "0"

basically it means that it will not remember active weps between lives, because it is set to zero, i also have them ticked off in tf2 advanced settings, but after i refresh the cfg, it ticks the box, the cfg file text document doesn't change, stays set to 0, but starts remembering the weps between lives spooookyyyy. Any help?

alright guys i have this in my cfg
[code]tf_remember_activeweapon "0"
tf_remember_lastswitched "0"[/code]

basically it means that it will not remember active weps between lives, because it is set to zero, i also have them ticked off in tf2 advanced settings, but after i refresh the cfg, it ticks the box, the cfg file text document doesn't change, stays set to 0, but starts remembering the weps between lives [i]spooookyyyy[/i]. Any help?
-1 Frags +

You could either check all your other cfg files and see if you have the same commands set to 1 somewhere.

Or this:

alias off "tf_remember_activeweapon 0; tf_remember_lastswitched 0"

bind w "+forward; off"
bind a "+moveleft; off"
bind s "+back; off"
bind d "+moveright; off"

I'd try #1 first.

You could either check all your other cfg files and see if you have the same commands set to 1 somewhere.

Or this:
[code]alias off "tf_remember_activeweapon 0; tf_remember_lastswitched 0"

bind w "+forward; off"
bind a "+moveleft; off"
bind s "+back; off"
bind d "+moveright; off"[/code]

I'd try #1 first.
2 Frags +

Are those commands in your autoexec? If they are being undone it means there is another instance of the command in another cfg file. If you can't find it and want a lazy fix you can lock cvars like this.

tf_remember_activeweapon 1
alias tf_remember_activeweapon ""
tf_remember_lastswitched 1
alias tf_remember_lastswitched ""
Are those commands in your autoexec? If they are being undone it means there is another instance of the command in another cfg file. If you can't find it and want a lazy fix you can lock cvars like this.

[code]tf_remember_activeweapon 1
alias tf_remember_lastswitched ""[/code]
-1 Frags +
hooliAre those commands in your autoexec? If they are being undone it means there is another instance of the command in another cfg file. If you can't find it and want a lazy fix you can lock cvars like this.
tf_remember_activeweapon 1
alias tf_remember_lastswitched ""

No they aren't, i found them in the config text document

[quote=hooli]Are those commands in your autoexec? If they are being undone it means there is another instance of the command in another cfg file. If you can't find it and want a lazy fix you can lock cvars like this.

[code]tf_remember_activeweapon 1
alias tf_remember_lastswitched ""[/code][/quote]
No they aren't, i found them in the config text document
2 Frags +

put it in your autoexec

put it in your autoexec
1 Frags +

Upload your autoexec.cfg and config.cfg (and any other custom cfg files you use) to pastebin and paste the link here. I can find it.

Edit: Unless hooli already solved it... Sorry didn't really read the end of the thread before commenting.

Upload your autoexec.cfg and config.cfg (and any other custom cfg files you use) to pastebin and paste the link here. I can find it.

Edit: Unless hooli already solved it... Sorry didn't really read the end of the thread before commenting.
-1 Frags +

ok i searched everything, nothing with remembering last weapon active was set to 1

ok i searched everything, nothing with remembering last weapon active was set to 1
2 Frags +

Do you have steam cloud sync or some other retarded sync thing on?

Did you check through ALL .cfg files for the commands?

Did you put your preferred settings in your autoexec?

Do you have steam cloud sync or some other retarded sync thing on?

0 Frags +
TwistedDo you have steam cloud sync or some other retarded sync thing on?

I checked them all but for the auto exec do i put "exec *and then the command*" or do i put in the command directly, either way i tried everything, and it works for one life, then the box gets checked back in for advanced settings... I uploaded my cfg on dropbox, see it for yourself, because i think my pc is haunted :p

Dropbox cfg links (this is without my crosshair switcher, or class configs (the class configs just tell the game what crosshair to use for each weapon on each class that's all):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hw28asa7g0ztque/aliases.cfg?dl=0 -aliases
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8152il6olxtwyd/autoexec.cfg?dl=0 -autoexec
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj9h9z58jmm0wct/binds.cfg?dl=0 -binds
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gx8hjgzgaqnxka7/clear.cfg?dl=0 -clear
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9n3227ickhhzc8/config.cfg?dl=0 -config

[quote=Twisted]Do you have steam cloud sync or some other retarded sync thing on?

Did you put your preferred settings in your autoexec?[/quote]

I checked them all but for the auto exec do i put "exec *and then the command*" or do i put in the command directly, either way i tried everything, and it works for one life, then the box gets checked back in for advanced settings... I uploaded my cfg on dropbox, see it for yourself, because i think my pc is haunted :p

Dropbox cfg links (this is without my crosshair switcher, or class configs (the class configs just tell the game what crosshair to use for each weapon on each class that's all):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hw28asa7g0ztque/aliases.cfg?dl=0 -aliases
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8152il6olxtwyd/autoexec.cfg?dl=0 -autoexec
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj9h9z58jmm0wct/binds.cfg?dl=0 -binds
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gx8hjgzgaqnxka7/clear.cfg?dl=0 -clear
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9n3227ickhhzc8/config.cfg?dl=0 -config
1 Frags +

Looking at your config files there appears to be a lot of disorganization so I'm not surprised things aren't working as you would like them to. I'm going to propose a list of things I need you to do:

1. Make sure TF2 is closed.
  2. Move all of your custom cfg files out of your tf\cfg folder to a safe place. Leave no custom cfg files in there.
  3. Add the launch option "-autoconfig" to your TF2. (you can leave your other launch options in tact if you want)
  4. Launch TF2 to the game menu, then just quit the game so it is totally closed again.
  5. You now have fresh stock cfg files so now we can get to work.
  6. Now you can remove "-autoconfig" from your TF2 launch options.

Now we're going to make sure you have the folder structure present to contain custom cfg files properly. This part is very important as it can determine if your cfg files will work or not, so follow it very carefully.

1. Navigate to your "tf" folder.
  2. See that "cfg" folder? Ignore it completely. Never ever ever put a cfg file in there, not even your autoexec. The folder you want to open is "custom".
  3. Inside the "custom" folder create a folder named "custom cfg".
  4. Inside the "custom cfg" folder create a folder named "cfg".
  5. Go into the newly created cfg folder.

Here is where you will put your autoexec.cfg file and any other custom cfg files you use. Again, the folder path you want to put your autoexec.cfg and any other custom cfg files in is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\custom

Try moving all your custom cfg files into there and check TF2 to see if your settings remain as you set them. I think you will see better results than the way you were previously organizing your cfg files.

Looking at your config files there appears to be a lot of disorganization so I'm not surprised things aren't working as you would like them to. I'm going to propose a list of things I need you to do:

[olist]
[*] Make sure TF2 is closed.
[*] Move all of your custom cfg files out of your tf\cfg folder to a safe place. Leave no custom cfg files in there.
[*] Add the launch option "-autoconfig" to your TF2. (you can leave your other launch options in tact if you want)
[*] Launch TF2 to the game menu, then just quit the game so it is totally closed again.
[*] You now have fresh stock cfg files so now we can get to work.
[*] Now you can remove "-autoconfig" from your TF2 launch options.
[/olist]

Now we're going to make sure you have the folder structure present to contain custom cfg files properly. This part is very important as it can determine if your cfg files will work or not, so follow it very carefully.

[olist]
[*] Navigate to your "tf" folder.
[*] See that "cfg" folder? Ignore it completely. Never ever ever put a cfg file in there, not even your autoexec. The folder you want to open is "custom".
[*] Inside the "custom" folder create a folder named "custom cfg".
[*] Inside the "custom cfg" folder create a folder named "cfg".
[*] Go into the newly created cfg folder.
[/olist]

Here is where you will put your autoexec.cfg file and any other custom cfg files you use. Again, the folder path you want to put your autoexec.cfg and any other custom cfg files in is:

[quote]C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\custom[/quote]

Try moving all your custom cfg files into there and check TF2 to see if your settings remain as you set them. I think you will see better results than the way you were previously organizing your cfg files.
0 Frags +

alright ill try that, thanks man, but can i keep my launch settings, or do i remove them ALL and put that command, then later put them after i made the new cfg file in custom.

After I launch tf2 with the command, do i remove it and keep/put back in my old commands without the stock binds...

alright ill try that, thanks man, but can i keep my launch settings, or do i remove them ALL and put that command, then later put them after i made the new cfg file in custom.

After I launch tf2 with the command, do i remove it and keep/put back in my old commands without the stock binds...
0 Frags +

Sorry I wasn't really clear on that part of my instructions. I will edit my previous post to address your question and prevent future readers from confusion.

You can leave your typical launch options as they are. As long as you add the "-autoconfig" launch option, launch the game, then close the game and remove "-autoconfig" launch option you're good. You will have basically totally fresh config files to start fresh with every time you do that process.

Sorry I wasn't really clear on that part of my instructions. I will edit my previous post to address your question and prevent future readers from confusion.

You can leave your typical launch options as they are. As long as you add the "-autoconfig" launch option, launch the game, then close the game and remove "-autoconfig" launch option you're good. You will have basically totally fresh config files to start fresh with every time you do that process.
2 Frags +

k man thanks a lot it fixed my problem, huge thanks ++ :)

k man thanks a lot it fixed my problem, huge thanks ++ :)
0 Frags +

Sweet. Glad to help. Configs are fun when they work right.

Sweet. Glad to help. Configs are fun when they work right.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.