posted in Events
ETA
Completed
DATE
Sunday, Jan 25th
TIME
3:00 PM EST
ABOUT

The ETF2L Highlander Season 7 all comes down to this, over 140 teams have played their part and now the final 2 in our Premiership division are taking on each other. It’s none other than Tourettes Chessclub against PremTech baby! For 9 weeks of matches new-comers PremTech have been fighting to prove their worth which has clearly worked in their favour earning them a tidy 2nd place position at least for the overall season whilst for our top of the div team Tourettes Chessclub the ride has been smooth as a bean. However, will that be a fatality waiting to happen with Tourettes Chessclub coming up short or will PremTech‘s winning streak come to an end? Tune in at 21 CET to find out with CeeJaey & Bulow on BlackOut TV!

Match Page | ETF2L Post | Twitch.TV page
2 Frags +

Scissors will top frag

Scissors will top frag
0 Frags +

(▰˘◡˘▰) fucking reservoir (▰˘◡˘▰)

(▰˘◡˘▰) fucking reservoir (▰˘◡˘▰)
1 Frags +

ggs boys

ggs boys
2 Frags +

http://puu.sh/f1L8r/9572fe78ee.jpg

I wonder what goes through ETF2L's mind when they see so many koth maps in very late stages (coalplant, ashville, arctic/warmtic, even ramjam) yet they completely ignore them in order to add such a weird untested, badly designed, early staged map.

Another big grand finale ruined by such an early staged map (see s19 grand finales, logjam), what a shame.

[img]http://puu.sh/f1L8r/9572fe78ee.jpg[/img]
I wonder what goes through ETF2L's mind when they see so many koth maps in very late stages (coalplant, ashville, arctic/warmtic, even ramjam) yet they completely ignore them in order to add such a weird untested, badly designed, early staged map.

Another big grand finale ruined by such an early staged map (see s19 grand finales, logjam), what a shame.
0 Frags +

Please tell me more about how logjam "ruined" the Season 19 Final.

Please tell me more about how logjam "ruined" the Season 19 Final.
3 Frags +
PermzillaPlease tell me more about how logjam "ruined" the Season 19 Final.

See, when a league's map choices are based off prem-doublemixes and not an actual vote that all the league would vote on in-order to actually achieve the best map choice that all players want to play, that might cause an upsetting event in such an important high-risk match which should consist of only the best maps there are.

'No polls will be seen while I'm head admin'

One of a few reasons I dislike this league is because of that idiotic statement, if a league actually thinks that a scenario that happened like 7 seasons ago, would occur again even though the mistake was learned, you still refuse to do so.
If you think that mistake was giving a chance for people to vote for the map they want to see, you're out of your world wrong.

Give the players a chance to vote on maps, similar to ESEA, if you put up good map choices that have been proven to have playtested well already, you won't see "bazillion or obscure", you'll see good quality maps!

[quote=Permzilla]Please tell me more about how logjam "ruined" the Season 19 Final.[/quote]
See, when a league's map choices are based off prem-doublemixes and not an actual vote that all the league would vote on in-order to actually achieve the best map choice that [i][b]all[/b][/i] players want to play, that might cause an upsetting event in such an important high-risk match which should consist of only the best maps there are.

'No polls will be seen while I'm head admin'

One of a few reasons I dislike this league is because of that idiotic statement, if a league actually thinks that a scenario that happened like 7 seasons ago, would occur again even though the mistake was learned, you still refuse to do so.
If you think that mistake was giving a chance for people to vote for the map they want to see, you're out of your world wrong.

Give the players a chance to vote on maps, similar to ESEA, if you put up good map choices that have been proven to have playtested well already, you won't see "bazillion or obscure", you'll see good quality maps!
2 Frags +

I do not agree that the solution is a poll open to like div 6, but there are many better systems:

1) prem council votes on maps

2) the grand finals are pick/ban with 1 leftover map, not the higher seed getting to pick 2 maps. the punishment for the lower-seeded team is that they have to play games to make the grand finals where the higher team is just chillin there for them, that's enough

3) pick x amount of good maps and stick with them, we dont need to fetishize variety and we dont need to suck off map makers for making mediocre maps just because they spent a lot of time making said mediocre maps

I do not agree that the solution is a poll open to like div 6, but there are many better systems:

1) prem council votes on maps

2) the grand finals are pick/ban with 1 leftover map, not the higher seed getting to pick 2 maps. the punishment for the lower-seeded team is that they have to play games to make the grand finals where the higher team is just chillin there for them, that's enough

3) pick x amount of good maps and stick with them, we dont need to fetishize variety and we dont need to suck off map makers for making mediocre maps just because they spent a lot of time making said mediocre maps
2 Frags +

We are always asking prem players from the season before about maps and unlocks, and are basing our decisions from this feedback. Personally I believe that they make better judgements and a better platform for us to base our decisions than an open vote, although controversial because no democracy like you said.

We are always asking prem players from the season before about maps and unlocks, and are basing our decisions from this feedback. Personally I believe that they make better judgements and a better platform for us to base our decisions than an open vote, although controversial because no democracy like you said.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.