Upvote Upvoted 4 Downvote Downvoted
Smoothing still frame shots in POV demos
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

Hello everyone,
I'm in the process of creating a fragmovie for my team and I need some help. I wanted to create a smoothing shot where the camera moves around while all players and projectiles are standing still. Just as seen in the first shot on this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiE3TtVTljc

Is this achieavable using POV demos? I tried smoothing as seen in the tutorials, but they won't allow me to use just a single tick for multiple camera shots. How I make sure all players are standing still while the camera moves around?

Thank you!

Hello everyone,
I'm in the process of creating a fragmovie for my team and I need some help. I wanted to create a smoothing shot where the camera moves around while all players and projectiles are standing still. Just as seen in the first shot on this video: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiE3TtVTljc[/youtube]
Is this achieavable using POV demos? I tried smoothing as seen in the tutorials, but they won't allow me to use just a single tick for multiple camera shots. How I make sure all players are standing still while the camera moves around?

Thank you!
3 Frags +

I think that's stv

I think that's stv
2 Frags +

Hey everyone, just found the answer.
You actually don't need to use smoothing at all – and this seems to be the same technique used by MightyMe in his Red Light/Green Light video (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong guys; that's just what I heard from the friend who showed me how to do it).

You just have to do this:

1. Pause your demo at the desired tick and remove viewmodels;
2. Hit Drive;
3. Hold mouse 1;
4. Press the record button, if you have it binded to a key (in my case I'm using Lawena, so that should be the "P" key);
5. Use your left/right keys to make a linear camera movement while recording.

And that's it. Waaaay easier than I expected.

Hey everyone, just found the answer.
You actually don't need to use smoothing at all – and this seems to be the same technique used by MightyMe in his [i]Red Light/Green Light[/i] video (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong guys; that's just what I heard from the friend who showed me how to do it).

You just have to do this:

1. Pause your demo at the desired tick and remove viewmodels;
2. Hit Drive;
3. Hold mouse 1;
4. Press the record button, if you have it binded to a key (in my case I'm using Lawena, so that should be the "P" key);
5. Use your left/right keys to make a linear camera movement while recording.

And that's it. Waaaay easier than I expected.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.