0 Frags +

newbie.tf
8 Frags +

no date for tournament

no info about tournament

no reason for west coast only

bad format

? ? ? ?

From reading the post, I have no idea what you even want. Like, signups for a tournament? Signups for scrims that have something to do with your 5 man team? What are you trying to do here?

no date for tournament

no info about tournament

bad format

? ? ? ?

From reading the post, I have no idea what you even want. Like, signups for a tournament? Signups for scrims that have something to do with your 5 man team? What are you trying to do here?
eXtelevision
-3 Frags +

Thanks Kevin for those astute observations.

ProBattleLeague doesn't have any firm competition plans but are working hard on establishing some LAN dates in 2015 for competitions, including a SoCal LAN and PNW LANs. In the meantime we're gathering teams interested in casually competing against others from their region during our Monday and Thursday A:R playtimes (7:30pm pst both days).

While fatcop is looking for players interested in forming a west coast team, PBL is interested in working with teams across the nation that are willing to represent a region. Hit me up or PBL_Gizmo ( http://steamcommunity.com/id/PBLGizmo/ ) if you're interested in forming a team or have any other questions.

Thanks Kevin for those astute observations.

ProBattleLeague doesn't have any firm competition plans but are working hard on establishing some LAN dates in 2015 for competitions, including a SoCal LAN and PNW LANs. In the meantime we're gathering teams interested in casually competing against others from their region during our Monday and Thursday A:R playtimes (7:30pm pst both days).

While fatcop is looking for players interested in forming a west coast team, PBL is interested in working with teams across the nation that are willing to represent a region. Hit me up or PBL_Gizmo ( http://steamcommunity.com/id/PBLGizmo/ ) if you're interested in forming a team or have any other questions.
newbie.tf
-1 Frags +

if he's looking for players interested in forming a team then he should use the LFT or LFP subforums. that's why i was confused.

if he's looking for players interested in forming a team then he should use the LFT or LFP subforums. that's why i was confused.
5 Frags +
eXtineWhile fatcop is looking for players interested in forming a west coast team, PBL is interested in working with teams across the nation that are willing to represent a region.

Street Hoops could possibly represent east coast. or new york/new jersey if you wanna get more specific, since 4/6 of us live there.

Let us know when you have dates in mind, hopefully you guys plan on having some kind of tournament online if you're really pursuing this regional thing. Just throwing the idea out there even though you guys seem to be heavily focused on the west coast.

[quote=eXtine]
While fatcop is looking for players interested in forming a west coast team, PBL is interested in working with teams across the nation that are willing to represent a region. [/quote]

Street Hoops could possibly represent east coast. or new york/new jersey if you wanna get more specific, since 4/6 of us live there.

Let us know when you have dates in mind, hopefully you guys plan on having some kind of tournament online if you're really pursuing this regional thing. Just throwing the idea out there even though you guys seem to be heavily focused on the west coast.
-2 Frags +
ninjanickeXtineWhile fatcop is looking for players interested in forming a west coast team, PBL is interested in working with teams across the nation that are willing to represent a region.

Thanks for replying ninjanick! The reason that were heavily looking for west coast players to form a team, is because there is an east coast team called Team Maincall playing to represent the east coast. Maincall is getting involved with PBL and Arena Respawn.

[quote=ninjanick][quote=eXtine]
While fatcop is looking for players interested in forming a west coast team, PBL is interested in working with teams across the nation that are willing to represent a region. [/quote]

Let us know when you have dates in mind, hopefully you guys plan on having some kind of tournament online if you're really pursuing this regional thing. Just throwing the idea out there even though you guys seem to be heavily focused on the west coast.[/quote]
Thanks for replying ninjanick! The reason that were heavily looking for west coast players to form a team, is because there is an east coast team called Team Maincall playing to represent the east coast. Maincall is getting involved with PBL and Arena Respawn.
7 Frags +

I'm sure maincall will be way better than Street Hoops good choice.

I'm sure maincall will be way better than Street Hoops good choice.
eXtelevision
2 Frags +
ninjanickStreet Hoops could possibly represent east coast. or new york/new jersey if you wanna get more specific, since 4/6 of us live there.

That would be amazing Nick. As I said, we definitely want to find teams that can represent particular areas and help us build communities. Street Hoops reppin' New York would be fantastic. We'd definitely love to set you guys up against some opposition on the East Coast, as well as have you represent your Coast and play against the best of the West.

We'll be having more Online tourneys/matches going on, and will keep everyone up to date on any emerging LAN Plans.

[quote=ninjanick]

Let us know when you have dates in mind, hopefully you guys plan on having some kind of tournament online if you're really pursuing this regional thing. Just throwing the idea out there even though you guys seem to be heavily focused on the west coast.[/quote]

That would be amazing Nick. As I said, we definitely want to find teams that can represent particular areas and help us build communities. Street Hoops reppin' New York would be fantastic. We'd definitely love to set you guys up against some opposition on the East Coast, as well as have you represent your Coast and play against the best of the West.

We'll be having more Online tourneys/matches going on, and will keep everyone up to date on any emerging LAN Plans.
-3 Frags +
SAAM_I'm sure maincall will be way better than Street Hoops good choice.

Were not looking for the best of the best were looking for people of all skill groups to play for east coast. Maincall is just a group of players who are happy to take part in playing for the East Coast.

[quote=SAAM_]I'm sure maincall will be way better than Street Hoops good choice.[/quote]
Were not looking for the best of the best were looking for people of all skill groups to play for east coast. Maincall is just a group of players who are happy to take part in playing for the East Coast.
2 Frags +
KevinIsPwnno date for tournament

no info about tournament

bad format

? ? ? ?

As ill-formed as it was, it's basically a mediocre form of informing people that the A:R format will be using regional teams. That might be known, but some people had no clue about that, i'm sure it's good to know.
And of course

The tournament date is not released yet, due to the fact that we need players!

Gets rid of half of your post's statements.
"Bad format" is subjective, and we can easily allow him to just play 5v5 if he wants since it does ABSOLUTELY nothing to our lives (beyond the horrible mouse movement skipping over this thread, woe is me).
I'm all for shitposting, but like, damn.

[quote=KevinIsPwn]no date for tournament

no info about tournament

bad format

? ? ? ?

From reading the post, I have no idea what you even want. Like, signups for a tournament? Signups for scrims that have something to do with your 5 man team? What are you trying to do here?[/quote]
As ill-formed as it was, it's basically a mediocre form of informing people that the A:R format will be using regional teams. That might be known, but some people had no clue about that, i'm sure it's good to know.
And of course
[quote] The tournament date is not released yet, due to the fact that we need players! [/quote]
Gets rid of half of your post's statements.
"Bad format" is subjective, and we can easily allow him to just play 5v5 if he wants since it does ABSOLUTELY nothing to our lives (beyond the horrible mouse movement skipping over this thread, woe is me).
I'm all for shitposting, but like, damn.
0 Frags +
fatcopSAAM_I'm sure maincall will be way better than Street Hoops good choice.Were not looking for the best of the best were looking for people of all skill groups to play for east coast. Maincall is just a group of players who are happy to take part in playing for the East Coast.

Why would you not build the skill of a new game mode from the top down? Who wants to watch a bunch of players who aren't all that great do nothing for 20 minutes?

[quote=fatcop][quote=SAAM_]I'm sure maincall will be way better than Street Hoops good choice.[/quote]
Were not looking for the best of the best were looking for people of all skill groups to play for east coast. Maincall is just a group of players who are happy to take part in playing for the East Coast.[/quote]

Why would you not build the skill of a new game mode from the top down? Who wants to watch a bunch of players who aren't all that great do nothing for 20 minutes?
eXtelevision
2 Frags +
SAAM_fatcopSAAM_I'm sure maincall will be way better than Street Hoops good choice.Were not looking for the best of the best were looking for people of all skill groups to play for east coast. Maincall is just a group of players who are happy to take part in playing for the East Coast.

It's not like we're choosing between Maincall or Street Hoops. Definitely PBL wants to get top talent involved as that will certainly provide us with the most eXciting matches, but we're also trying to create a structure that can help us discover new top talent.

I'm eXcited to have Maincall involved and have Street Hoops eXpress interest in representing NewYork in some tournaments. The Street Hoop guys have a lot of talent and are fairly busy displaying that talent in ESEA. We'll get them involved when we can and in the meantime we'll continue searching and building up other teams across the nation.

[quote=SAAM_][quote=fatcop][quote=SAAM_]I'm sure maincall will be way better than Street Hoops good choice.[/quote]
Were not looking for the best of the best were looking for people of all skill groups to play for east coast. Maincall is just a group of players who are happy to take part in playing for the East Coast.[/quote]

Why would you not build the skill of a new game mode from the top down? Who wants to watch a bunch of players who aren't all that great do nothing for 20 minutes?[/quote]

It's not like we're choosing between Maincall or Street Hoops. Definitely PBL wants to get top talent involved as that will certainly provide us with the most eXciting matches, but we're also trying to create a structure that can help us discover new top talent.

I'm eXcited to have Maincall involved and have Street Hoops eXpress interest in representing NewYork in some tournaments. The Street Hoop guys have a lot of talent and are fairly busy displaying that talent in ESEA. We'll get them involved when we can and in the meantime we'll continue searching and building up other teams across the nation.
4 Frags +

This post was communicated very poorly. Extine cleared it up, but the PBL guys need to work on actually communicating their goals .

This post was communicated very poorly. Extine cleared it up, but the PBL guys need to work on actually communicating their goals .
eXtelevision
1 Frags +
TurinThis post was communicated very poorly. Extine cleared it up, but the PBL guys need to work on actually communicating their goals .

I don't disagree. This was FatCop (representing Maincall not PBL), but he's certainly following in Gizmo's footsteps ;) Chatted with the guys soon after the post went up, gave them some advice and a pat on the back.

[quote=Turin]This post was communicated very poorly. Extine cleared it up, but the PBL guys need to work on actually communicating their goals .[/quote]

I don't disagree. This was FatCop (representing Maincall not PBL), but he's certainly following in Gizmo's footsteps ;) Chatted with the guys soon after the post went up, gave them some advice and a pat on the back.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.