Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
G500s Mouse DPI changes randomly
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

I've been dealing with this for weeks now and it's starting to poke my nerves. One day my mouse DPI will Low and the other day my mouse DPI will be high. Anyone knows how to fix this?

I've been dealing with this for weeks now and it's starting to poke my nerves. One day my mouse DPI will Low and the other day my mouse DPI will be high. Anyone knows how to fix this?
0 Frags +

Keep in mind that the g500s has built in acceleration, meaning that you will experience inconsistent tracking. Some people don't mind this, but if you swipe your mouse faster your cursor will move faster/further then it would if swiped slowly.

I'm not sure if this helps at all but it could be what you're experiencing.

Keep in mind that the g500s has built in acceleration, meaning that you will experience inconsistent tracking. Some people don't mind this, but if you swipe your mouse faster your cursor will move faster/further then it would if swiped slowly.

I'm not sure if this helps at all but it could be what you're experiencing.
0 Frags +

Sadly it affects my aiming in TF2 where I twitch my aim :/

Sadly it affects my aiming in TF2 where I twitch my aim :/
0 Frags +

if you're sure it's the dpi changing/resetting, and not the acceleration like dippidy mentioned:
are you using logitech setpoint? because it's known for having issues.
if you do; take a look at this thread.

i'll quote one post, it's worth a shot:

my fix appears to have been just the unplug/replug while software is running as far as I can tell.

if you're not using setpoint, then it might be the firmware. is your mouse using to the latest version?

if you're sure it's the dpi changing/resetting, and not the acceleration like dippidy mentioned:
are you using logitech setpoint? because it's known for having issues.
if you do; take a look at [b][url=http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Mice/G500s-DPI-resets/td-p/1077957]this thread[/url][/b].

i'll quote one post, it's worth a shot:
[quote]my fix appears to have been just the unplug/replug while software is running as far as I can tell.[/quote]

if you're not using setpoint, then it might be the firmware. is your mouse using to the latest version?
0 Frags +
AuraMixSadly it affects my aiming in TF2 where I twitch my aim :/

that sounds like acceleration

and i'm not sure it's true, but to quote some random post:

if you install the logitech g500 drivers, you can disable acceleration.

edit: and to quote Setsul:

It uses the Avago adns-S9808, the one without acceleration.

maybe you have acceleration turned on in windows, or in tf2, or in the logitech software..?

[quote=AuraMix]Sadly it affects my aiming in TF2 where I twitch my aim :/[/quote]

that sounds like acceleration

and i'm not sure it's true, but to quote some random post:
[quote]if you install the logitech g500 drivers, you can disable acceleration.[/quote]

edit: and to quote Setsul:
[quote]It uses the Avago adns-S9808, the one without acceleration.[/quote]

maybe you have acceleration turned on in windows, or in tf2, or in the logitech software..?
4 Frags +

the g500s sensor 100% definitely has acceleration, the S9808 is far from perfect. Unfortunately there's nothing that can fix the built in accel, its literally embedded into the sensor. if you want perfect tracking your best bet is to get another mouse with a decent sensor.

the g100s is very very good for its price, and does not have the tracking problems the g500s has.

the g500s sensor 100% definitely has acceleration, the S9808 is far from perfect. Unfortunately there's nothing that can fix the built in accel, its literally embedded into the sensor. if you want perfect tracking your best bet is to get another mouse with a decent sensor.

the g100s is very very good for its price, and does not have the tracking problems the g500s has.
0 Frags +

I experience similar things with g500, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the inbuilt acceleration. Sometimes my pc lags for a moment (in or out of game, can be either) then my mouse is just slower and less responsive for a stretch of time (hours, days, weeks) till one day it will go back to normal. I can tell exactly when it happens and it's an on/off sort of thing, rather than random fluctuations while playing. No idea what causes it but I really don't think acceleration has anything to do with it.

I experience similar things with g500, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the inbuilt acceleration. Sometimes my pc lags for a moment (in or out of game, can be either) then my mouse is just slower and less responsive for a stretch of time (hours, days, weeks) till one day it will go back to normal. I can tell exactly when it happens and it's an on/off sort of thing, rather than random fluctuations while playing. No idea what causes it but I really don't think acceleration has anything to do with it.
0 Frags +

Throwing in my 2 cents but with a g400, g400s, and g402 I have issues where the DPI will change on it's own and I have to set it back to what it was. Since I usually use 400DPI they tend to got to 2,000 or 1,800 DPI depending on model or 800 DPI.

Throwing in my 2 cents but with a g400, g400s, and g402 I have issues where the DPI will change on it's own and I have to set it back to what it was. Since I usually use 400DPI they tend to got to 2,000 or 1,800 DPI depending on model or 800 DPI.
1 Frags +

dump it, get a better mouse, i did it and it feels so better...

dump it, get a better mouse, i did it and it feels so better...
0 Frags +

fuck, ive been using the 500s for over a year and ive been really happy with it. theres nothing i can do about the accel?

fuck, ive been using the 500s for over a year and ive been really happy with it. theres nothing i can do about the accel?
0 Frags +

i had a g500 and had the same issue. its just apart of the mouse lol, get a new one if it really bothers you

i had a g500 and had the same issue. its just apart of the mouse lol, get a new one if it really bothers you
2 Frags +
THEBILLDOZERfuck, ive been using the 500s for over a year and ive been really happy with it. theres nothing i can do about the accel?

If you're happy with it there's no problem. Accel isn't the devil.

[quote=THEBILLDOZER]fuck, ive been using the 500s for over a year and ive been really happy with it. theres nothing i can do about the accel?[/quote]

If you're happy with it there's no problem. Accel isn't the devil.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.