Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
Mouse DPI?
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

So, I wanted to know if it was possible to change my mouse DPI in my computer someway, since my mouse is a simple, two-button (not counting scroll-wheel) mouse. To make matters worse, I don't know what kind of mouse that it is, only that it's a Logitech mouse.

I already tried downloading the Mouse and Keyboard Center from Microsoft, but it said it couldn't detect my mouse. It's a wireless, USB plug in, is that possibly the issue?

EDIT: Thanks to whoever moved the thread. I didn't see it on the "Select Subforum" bar. My mistake.

So, I wanted to know if it was possible to change my mouse DPI in my computer someway, since my mouse is a simple, two-button (not counting scroll-wheel) mouse. To make matters worse, I don't know what kind of mouse that it is, only that it's a Logitech mouse.

I already tried downloading the Mouse and Keyboard Center from Microsoft, but it said it couldn't detect my mouse. It's a wireless, USB plug in, is that possibly the issue?

EDIT: Thanks to whoever moved the thread. I didn't see it on the "Select Subforum" bar. My mistake.
0 Frags +

Well, given the shit standards you seem to have on your current mouse, I doubt there are proper drivers to adjust the dpi of it.

Well, given the shit standards you seem to have on your current mouse, I doubt there are proper drivers to adjust the dpi of it.
5 Frags +

assuming you are using a standard mouse because other "gaming" mice are out of your budget range or you dont have an interest in them, get a g100, you can buy them at target for like 20 bucks, they have the logitech drivers that you can download and change the dpi and do all that great stuff

assuming you are using a standard mouse because other "gaming" mice are out of your budget range or you dont have an interest in them, get a g100, you can buy them at target for like 20 bucks, they have the logitech drivers that you can download and change the dpi and do all that great stuff
5 Frags +

If there's a way to change your mouse dpi it'll be done through a logitech driver or on the mouse itself. Your best bet is to find out exactly what mouse it is and what drivers support it. If I were you though I'd just buy a better, more current mouse.

If there's a way to change your mouse dpi it'll be done through a logitech driver or on the mouse itself. Your best bet is to find out exactly what mouse it is and what drivers support it. If I were you though I'd just buy a better, more current mouse.
-1 Frags +

the issue is probably that it's a crap mouse.

but i presume you want more DPI on your desktop, so:
you could try logitech's own software (logitech setpoint or something),
but there's a chance your mouse only has one DPI option.
so, otherwise, the windows pointer speed slider is an option (control panel -> mouse -> pointer options).

and if you can be bothered, consider making a picture, maybe someone recognises it.
but you'd be best off getting a new mouse, as mentioned. (a wired one!)

the issue is probably that it's a crap mouse.

but i presume you want more DPI on your desktop, so:
you could try logitech's own software (logitech setpoint or something),
but there's a chance your mouse only has one DPI option.
so, otherwise, the windows pointer speed slider is an option (control panel -> mouse -> pointer options).

and if you can be bothered, consider making a picture, maybe someone recognises it.
but you'd be best off getting a new mouse, as mentioned. (a wired one!)
0 Frags +
Mr_Harvardassuming you are using a standard mouse because other "gaming" mice are out of your budget range or you dont have an interest in them, get a g100, you can buy them at target for like 20 bucks, they have the logitech drivers that you can download and change the dpi and do all that great stuff

I'm actually using a gaming mouse because it was more or less a present and it serves me well for how much I use it. I do want a gaming mouse though, and I'll definitely look into your suggestion. Just to clarify though, are you saying the G100 has the Logitech drivers? Or are you saying that I could just try and install Logitech drivers? Is the G100 good, by the way?

clckwrkIf there's a way to change your mouse dpi it'll be done through a Logitech driver or on the mouse itself. Your best bet is to find out exactly what mouse it is and what drivers support it. If I were you though I'd just buy a better, more current mouse.

I'll probably just buy a new one when I find a place that sells them, thanks.

EDIT: Did some of my own research. Saw there was a G100 and a G100s that's worth roughly 10 more dollars. Is it worth the extra 10, or is the normal G100 good enough on it's own?

EDIT 2: Just found out what kind it was. It's an M525. Logitech site says it can be 1000 DPI at Max. I'm assuming that means it can be lowered somehow. I'll try and go find a driver for it.

[quote=Mr_Harvard]assuming you are using a standard mouse because other "gaming" mice are out of your budget range or you dont have an interest in them, get a g100, you can buy them at target for like 20 bucks, they have the logitech drivers that you can download and change the dpi and do all that great stuff[/quote]

I'm actually using a gaming mouse because it was more or less a present and it serves me well for how much I use it. I do want a gaming mouse though, and I'll definitely look into your suggestion. Just to clarify though, are you saying the G100 has the Logitech drivers? Or are you saying that I could just try and install Logitech drivers? Is the G100 good, by the way?

[quote=clckwrk]If there's a way to change your mouse dpi it'll be done through a Logitech driver or on the mouse itself. Your best bet is to find out exactly what mouse it is and what drivers support it. If I were you though I'd just buy a better, more current mouse.[/quote]

I'll probably just buy a new one when I find a place that sells them, thanks.

EDIT: Did some of my own research. Saw there was a G100 and a G100s that's worth roughly 10 more dollars. Is it worth the extra 10, or is the normal G100 good enough on it's own?

EDIT 2: Just found out what kind it was. It's an M525. Logitech site says it can be 1000 DPI at Max. I'm assuming that means it can be lowered somehow. I'll try and go find a driver for it.
0 Frags +

http://support.logitech.com/product/3131#download
The first Setpoint (without version numbers) supports M525 - might be what you're looking for

I got the G100s today and the equivalent of Setpoint would be Logitech Gaming Software, and you can set your DPI + disable DPI switching, if that's something you're interested in.

http://support.logitech.com/product/3131#download
The first Setpoint (without version numbers) supports M525 - might be what you're looking for

I got the G100s today and the equivalent of Setpoint would be Logitech Gaming Software, and you can set your DPI + disable DPI switching, if that's something you're interested in.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.