Upvote Upvoted 17 Downvote Downvoted
Top 10 Clips - Jan
posted in Videos
eXtelevision
0 Frags +

YYyyaaaoooooo!!!!

Just wanted to post something asking people to submit their clips for the upcoming January Top 10.
http://www.extelevision.com/submit/

While we slipped back a bit on our schedule with Airon getting swamped, November should be here soon and December not far behind that. To be honest, we got a disappointing amount of submissions for December.

The Top 10 series has always been based off of user submissions and that will continue to be our policy. Sorting demos is hard enough work already, leaving Lucky Luke and myself without the time to track down demos and ticks from league games we've watched. We'd love to have more ESEA clips featured but they have to be submitted.

We've tried to get "clip sorter" volunteers to help us but honestly that's a fairly thankless job with pretty high turnover as well as a strain on Luc and I to make sure the volunteers are squared away and active.

We need help from players and spectators in order to make this series the best it can be. If you go nuts and have a huge play in a competition, please please please send it in. If you're watching ESEA LAN (for eXample) and see an insane 5k, please please please consider helping us (and the player/team) out by tracking the tick down and submitting the clip on the player's behalf.

To remind people about what clips are eligible, it has to come from some sort of official competition i.e. a League or Tournamnt. Lobby clips are eligible for MoGs

We've upgraded our submission form but if you think there is a problem feel free to e-mail me - eXtine@eXtelevision.com or Luc - luc@eXtelevision.com

Thanks.

YYyyaaaoooooo!!!!

Just wanted to post something asking people to submit their clips for the upcoming January Top 10.
http://www.extelevision.com/submit/

While we slipped back a bit on our schedule with Airon getting swamped, November should be here soon and December not far behind that. To be honest, we got a disappointing amount of submissions for December.

The Top 10 series has always been based off of user submissions and that will continue to be our policy. Sorting demos is hard enough work already, leaving Lucky Luke and myself without the time to track down demos and ticks from league games we've watched. We'd love to have more ESEA clips featured but they have to be submitted.

We've tried to get "clip sorter" volunteers to help us but honestly that's a fairly thankless job with pretty high turnover as well as a strain on Luc and I to make sure the volunteers are squared away and active.

We need help from players and spectators in order to make this series the best it can be. If you go nuts and have a huge play in a competition, please please please send it in. If you're watching ESEA LAN (for eXample) and see an insane 5k, please please please consider helping us (and the player/team) out by tracking the tick down and submitting the clip on the player's behalf.

To remind people about what clips are eligible, it has to come from some sort of official competition i.e. a League or Tournamnt. Lobby clips are eligible for MoGs

We've upgraded our submission form but if you think there is a problem feel free to e-mail me - eXtine@eXtelevision.com or Luc - luc@eXtelevision.com

Thanks.
1 Frags +

Are pickups accepted into the top 10 or only the MoGs?

I edit a few videos but I feel very conflicted about editing my own frags for our channel so I might send a couple of demos your way :)

Are pickups accepted into the top 10 or only the MoGs?

I edit a few videos but I feel very conflicted about editing my own frags for our channel so I might send a couple of demos your way :)
eXtelevision
2 Frags +

We'd love to have your pick-up clips for MoGs. Top 10 plays are from organized competitions. If it was some sort of scramble pug with a prize at the end we would accept that.

We'd love to have your pick-up clips for MoGs. Top 10 plays are from organized competitions. If it was some sort of scramble pug with a prize at the end we would accept that.
2 Frags +

I think Kaneco means pickups from tf2pickup.net, which is basically a mixteam vs a mixteam..

I think Kaneco means pickups from tf2pickup.net, which is basically a mixteam vs a mixteam..
huds.tf
1 Frags +
KanecoAre pickups accepted into the top 10 or only the MoGs?

I can imagine so, I believe a few tf2center clips have gotten in recently, although I may be wrong

[quote=Kaneco]Are pickups accepted into the top 10 or only the MoGs?

I edit a few videos but I feel very conflicted about editing my own frags for our channel so I might send a couple of demos your way :)[/quote]

I can imagine so, I believe a few tf2center clips have gotten in recently, although I may be wrong
12 Frags +

If there is a disappointing level of submissions, I still can't see why you don't go on ESEA, download the STV demo and look through clips from big games, or from ETF2L Premiership, doing it for both HL + 6's (it's in the rules yo'). If you expect people to subscribe for the Patreon campaign, I expect eXtv to take a step up in their production and take more of an initiative.

If there is a disappointing level of submissions, I still can't see why you don't go on ESEA, download the STV demo and look through clips from big games, or from ETF2L Premiership, doing it for both HL + 6's (it's in the rules yo'). If you expect people to subscribe for the Patreon campaign, I expect eXtv to take a step up in their production and take more of an initiative.
2 Frags +
omniKanecoAre pickups accepted into the top 10 or only the MoGs?

along with fuckin bullet

[quote=omni][quote=Kaneco]Are pickups accepted into the top 10 or only the MoGs?

I edit a few videos but I feel very conflicted about editing my own frags for our channel so I might send a couple of demos your way :)[/quote]

I can imagine so, I believe a few tf2center clips have gotten in recently, although I may be wrong[/quote]

along with fuckin bullet
1 Frags +
eXtineWe'd love to have your pick-up clips for MoGs. Top 10 plays are from organized competitions. If it was some sort of scramble pug with a prize at the end we would accept that.

Do scrims count for Top 10's or is that also just for MoG's? Either way I submitted a great clip about a month ago for you guys. It's great to have these videos around for the community.

[quote=eXtine]We'd love to have your pick-up clips for MoGs. Top 10 plays are from organized competitions. If it was some sort of scramble pug with a prize at the end we would accept that.[/quote]

Do scrims count for Top 10's or is that also just for MoG's? Either way I submitted a great clip about a month ago for you guys. It's great to have these videos around for the community.
0 Frags +

I've submitted a few clips in the past and probably the worst clip I submitted actually got in which was mostly luck and technically speaking wasn't a play at all. My actual decent plays have never got in.

I've submitted a few clips in the past and probably the worst clip I submitted actually got in which was mostly luck and technically speaking wasn't a play at all. My actual decent plays have never got in.
eXtelevision
2 Frags +
HildrethIf there is a disappointing level of submissions, I still can't see why you don't go on ESEA, download the STV demo and look through clips from big games, or from ETF2L Premiership, doing it for both HL + 6's (it's in the rules yo'). If you expect people to subscribe for the Patreon campaign, I expect eXtv to take a step up in their production and take more of an initiative.

I don't disagree with anything you said but it still comes down to time being a major constraint for Luc and myself. On my side casting and organizing are higher priorities than finding clips for the top 10. On Luc's side, sorting and recording the clips we do get for the top 10 is already very time consuming. He gets that done while also working on all the other videos he produces. We're notorious for this series taking a while to produce. If it is a dire situation we will delay the video to find more clips. However if we have ten pretty good clips at the moment we can't justify spending a lot of time trying to find better clips.

The Patreon campaign has been very helpful for Luc, allowing him to take some time away from his other job to work on the Top10 and MoGs. We haven't reached our goal which would put Luc on a real part-time eXtv schedule or our goal of funding myself full-time.

If I was able to quite my job for eSports, either through our Patreon campaign or other resources, this would still be an issue for us. I'd have some time to track down clips from matches I've casted, but honestly we would still need help from players and spectators to make sure we're getting the best plays from around the globe.

We're very appreciative of everyone's support over the years <3

[quote=Hildreth]If there is a disappointing level of submissions, I still can't see why you don't go on ESEA, download the STV demo and look through clips from big games, or from ETF2L Premiership, doing it for both HL + 6's (it's in the rules yo'). If you expect people to subscribe for the Patreon campaign, I expect eXtv to take a step up in their production and take more of an initiative.[/quote]

I don't disagree with anything you said but it still comes down to time being a major constraint for Luc and myself. On my side casting and organizing are higher priorities than finding clips for the top 10. On Luc's side, sorting and recording the clips we do get for the top 10 is already very time consuming. He gets that done while also working on all the other videos he produces. We're notorious for this series taking a while to produce. If it is a dire situation we will delay the video to find more clips. However if we have ten pretty good clips at the moment we can't justify spending a lot of time trying to find better clips.

The Patreon campaign has been very helpful for Luc, allowing him to take some time away from his other job to work on the Top10 and MoGs. We haven't reached our goal which would put Luc on a real part-time eXtv schedule or our goal of funding myself full-time.

If I was able to quite my job for eSports, either through our Patreon campaign or other resources, this would still be an issue for us. I'd have some time to track down clips from matches I've casted, but honestly we would still need help from players and spectators to make sure we're getting the best plays from around the globe.

We're very appreciative of everyone's support over the years <3
-1 Frags +
ComangliaI've submitted a few clips in the past and probably the worst clip I submitted actually got in which was mostly luck and technically speaking wasn't a play at all. My actual decent plays have never got in.

at least you got a clip ;~;

[quote=Comanglia]I've submitted a few clips in the past and probably the worst clip I submitted actually got in which was mostly luck and technically speaking wasn't a play at all. My actual decent plays have never got in.[/quote]

0 Frags +
DollComangliaI've submitted a few clips in the past and probably the worst clip I submitted actually got in which was mostly luck and technically speaking wasn't a play at all. My actual decent plays have never got in.

While it's cool that I got in and honestly was quite ecstatic about it at the time, I really shouldn't have made it.

[quote=Doll][quote=Comanglia]I've submitted a few clips in the past and probably the worst clip I submitted actually got in which was mostly luck and technically speaking wasn't a play at all. My actual decent plays have never got in.[/quote]

at least you got a clip ;~;[/quote]

While it's cool that I got in and honestly was quite ecstatic about it at the time, I really shouldn't have made it.
0 Frags +
ComangliaDollComangliaI've submitted a few clips in the past and probably the worst clip I submitted actually got in which was mostly luck and technically speaking wasn't a play at all. My actual decent plays have never got in.

I dunno, it was a pretty cool airshot

[quote=Comanglia][quote=Doll][quote=Comanglia]I've submitted a few clips in the past and probably the worst clip I submitted actually got in which was mostly luck and technically speaking wasn't a play at all. My actual decent plays have never got in.[/quote]

at least you got a clip ;~;[/quote]

While it's cool that I got in and honestly was quite ecstatic about it at the time, I really shouldn't have made it.[/quote]

I dunno, it was a pretty cool airshot
eXtelevision
1 Frags +

Cheers. I love working on the Top10 plays and will continue whatever happens. Pointed out an idea in the other thread to change regulations for months with no league action going on, to accept scrims / non-league clips for Top10. But only those months that have not enough official action to fill 10. Thoughts?

Looking at the clips now, since the December Top10 was released (~3 hours ago) we got submissions from 9 different people many with multiple clips in one. Proves my point of more videos = more clips. If people forget about MoGs or Top10 they won't submit anything. Keep submitting!

November Top10 coming Feb 6th, sorry for the delay.

Cheers. I love working on the Top10 plays and will continue whatever happens. Pointed out an idea in the other thread to change regulations for months with no league action going on, to accept scrims / non-league clips for Top10. But only those months that have not enough official action to fill 10. Thoughts?

Looking at the clips now, since the December Top10 was released (~3 hours ago) we got submissions from 9 different people many with multiple clips in one. Proves my point of more videos = more clips. If people forget about MoGs or Top10 they won't submit anything. Keep submitting!

2 Frags +
LuckyLukeCheers. I love working on the Top10 plays and will continue whatever happens. Pointed out an idea in the other thread to change regulations for months with no league action going on, to accept scrims / non-league clips for Top10. But only those months that have not enough official action to fill 10. Thoughts?

You really should accept scrims already for all top10s, and tbh you guys already have been for top10 it's kinda strange you guys didn't realize that... (a few no league TF2Centers/pugs have made it in before too lol)

[quote=LuckyLuke]Cheers. I love working on the Top10 plays and will continue whatever happens. Pointed out an idea in the other thread to change regulations for months with no league action going on, to accept scrims / non-league clips for Top10. But only those months that have not enough official action to fill 10. Thoughts?

November Top10 coming Feb 6th, sorry for the delay.[/quote]

You really should accept scrims already for all top10s, and tbh you guys already have been for top10 it's kinda strange you guys didn't realize that... (a few no league TF2Centers/pugs have made it in before too lol)
2 Frags +
ComangliaLuckyLukeCheers. I love working on the Top10 plays and will continue whatever happens. Pointed out an idea in the other thread to change regulations for months with no league action going on, to accept scrims / non-league clips for Top10. But only those months that have not enough official action to fill 10. Thoughts?

Exactly this, Myself and friends of mine all send lots of pretty cool plays but never see them back since they're not in officials, really a shame imo since so many good frags are made while scrimming

[quote=Comanglia][quote=LuckyLuke]Cheers. I love working on the Top10 plays and will continue whatever happens. Pointed out an idea in the other thread to change regulations for months with no league action going on, to accept scrims / non-league clips for Top10. But only those months that have not enough official action to fill 10. Thoughts?

November Top10 coming Feb 6th, sorry for the delay.[/quote]

You really should accept scrims already for all top10s, and tbh you guys already have been for top10 it's kinda strange you guys didn't realize that... (a few no league TF2Centers/pugs have made it in before too lol)[/quote]
Exactly this, Myself and friends of mine all send lots of pretty cool plays but never see them back since they're not in officials, really a shame imo since so many good frags are made while scrimming
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.