░░░▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐
░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▌
░░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▐ LE VAC BAN HAS ARRIVED
3 Frags +

Probably out of luck.

http://steamcommunity.com/actions/WhatIsVAC

The Valve Anti-Cheat system is only enabled on servers with the secured shield logo and only Valve has the ability to VAC ban a user. While server admins may choose to ban players from playing on their specific servers, they do not have the ability to VAC ban players. The VAC system is automated and contacting Steam Support to report cheaters isn't necessary. Valve has a zero-tolerance policy for cheating and will not lift VAC bans under any circumstances.
Probably out of luck.

http://steamcommunity.com/actions/WhatIsVAC

[quote]The Valve Anti-Cheat system is only enabled on servers with the secured shield logo and only Valve has the ability to VAC ban a user. While server admins may choose to ban players from playing on their specific servers, they do not have the ability to VAC ban players. The VAC system is automated and contacting Steam Support to report cheaters isn't necessary. Valve has a zero-tolerance policy for cheating and will not lift VAC bans under any circumstances.[/quote]
9 Frags +

-15 Frags +

FUCKING CHEATER

FUCKING CHEATER
3 Frags +

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▄
░▐▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░█░░██░█░░▌██░▄▌
░░▐░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▀░░░▀▄▄▀▌
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▌
░░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▐ LE CUP HAS BEEN BANNED

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▌
░░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▐ LE CUP HAS BEEN BANNED
11 Frags +

I know a lot of people hate reddit, but: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2cm34j/yes_false_vac_bans_do_happen_my_ban_was_lifted/

Hope it helps, and good luck. Valve does not lift bans very often.

I know a lot of people hate reddit, but: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2cm34j/yes_false_vac_bans_do_happen_my_ban_was_lifted/

2 Frags +
CuddlyKittenI know a lot of people hate reddit, but: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2cm34j/yes_false_vac_bans_do_happen_my_ban_was_lifted/

Nigerianpoopslayerinb4 all cheaters refer to this thread and be like "I got a false ban bla bla bla"

hah. just kidding, though. if your ban was a false one then i hope it works out for you dude.

[quote=CuddlyKitten]I know a lot of people hate reddit, but: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2cm34j/yes_false_vac_bans_do_happen_my_ban_was_lifted/

Hope it helps, and good luck. Valve does not lift bans very often.[/quote]

[quote=Nigerianpoopslayer]inb4 all cheaters refer to this thread and be like "I got a false ban bla bla bla"[/quote]

hah. just kidding, though. if your ban was a false one then i hope it works out for you dude.
-41 Frags +

just quit tf2 and gift all items to tehmass :)

just quit tf2 and gift all items to tehmass :)
4 Frags +

Catgroove, what have you installed that's out of the ordinary, if anything? Any mods? Any dlls?

Catgroove, what have you installed that's out of the ordinary, if anything? Any mods? Any dlls?
1 Frags +

"l8r im going back to pokemon"

"l8r im going back to pokemon"
22 Frags +

If you really didn't use anything, you might have a chance do revert it. Majesty (from MONSTER, the brazilian team that most of you guys might know) got a VAC ban last year in CSGO. He sent an e-mail to the guy in Valve that is responsible for VAC, Vitaliy (http://www.valvesoftware.com/email.php?recipient=Vitaliy+A.+Genkin) about his situation. Vitaliy answered he was going to check that out and like 2 days later his ban was removed.

Majesty sent another e-mail to thank him and he said the ban removal was automatic and he didn't actually do anything. So, if I was in your place, the ban will probably disappear in a couple of days but it wouldn't hurt to contact Vitaliy.

Good luck.

If you really didn't use anything, you might have a chance do revert it. Majesty (from MONSTER, the brazilian team that most of you guys might know) got a VAC ban last year in CSGO. He sent an e-mail to the guy in Valve that is responsible for VAC, Vitaliy (http://www.valvesoftware.com/email.php?recipient=Vitaliy+A.+Genkin) about his situation. Vitaliy answered he was going to check that out and like 2 days later his ban was removed.

Majesty sent another e-mail to thank him and he said the ban removal was automatic and he didn't actually do anything. So, if I was in your place, the ban will probably disappear in a couple of days but it wouldn't hurt to contact Vitaliy.

Good luck.
3 Frags +

I've occasionally seen bans pop up on people that go away days/weeks later, so it does happen. Also there have been a few instances of mass false banning. One with CoD comes to mind where they updated the game but forgot to update some file hashes or the like on VAC, so it thought everyone had modified files and banned them. If you actually didn't do anything, it's worth contacting them, but removal of these bans if likely automatic / based on fixing the system itself anyway.

There are also some non-hack things that trigger "rightful" bans that are not removed. For instance, some shader mod for HL2 that replaces DLLs can trigger source bans if not removed properly (or maybe if installed to the wrong game? Since HL2 doesn't have MP and HL2:DM is probably in a separate folder...).

I've occasionally seen bans pop up on people that go away days/weeks later, so it does happen. Also there have been a few instances of mass false banning. One with CoD comes to mind where they updated the game but forgot to update some file hashes or the like on VAC, so it thought everyone had modified files and banned them. If you actually didn't do anything, it's worth contacting them, but removal of these bans if likely automatic / based on fixing the system itself anyway.

There are also some non-hack things that trigger "rightful" bans that are not removed. For instance, some shader mod for HL2 that replaces DLLs can trigger source bans if not removed properly (or maybe if installed to the wrong game? Since HL2 doesn't have MP and HL2:DM is probably in a separate folder...).
0 Frags +
tehmassjust quit tf2 and gift all items to tehmass :)

* Uppon getting VAC banned all items are deleted, except those items that have been purchased with real money.
* You cannot trade if you are VAC banned.

[quote=tehmass]just quit tf2 and gift all items to tehmass :)[/quote]

* Uppon getting VAC banned all items are deleted, except those items that have been purchased with real money.
* You cannot trade if you are VAC banned.
7 Frags +

Expect an unban in about a week if you really didn't hack and don't have a virus (viruses can inject themselves into running programs and could cause an irreversible VAC ban).

Expect an unban in about a week if you really didn't hack and don't have a virus (viruses can inject themselves into running programs and could cause an irreversible VAC ban).
1 Frags +

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▌
░░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▐ LE CUP IS STILL BANNED

Show Content
Cereal is jew.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▌
░░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▐ LE CUP IS STILL BANNED

[spoiler]Cereal is jew.[/spoiler]
0 Frags +
CatgroovenopeCatgroove, what have you installed that's out of the ordinary, if anything? Any mods? Any dlls?
huds, that's all I've downloaded related to tf2.
Doug So, if I was in your place, the ban will probably disappear in a couple of days but it wouldn't hurt to contact Vitaliy.

Good luck.
thanks I'll definitely contact him.
brownymasterExpect an unban in about a week if you really didn't hack and don't have a virus (viruses can inject themselves into running programs and could cause an irreversible VAC ban).I'm pretty sure I dont have a viruses, so this is good to hear.

Thanks for the help guys :)

If you run a virus scan only with antivirus, do one with MBAM too, maybe it'll find something

[quote=Catgroove][quote=nope]Catgroove, what have you installed that's out of the ordinary, if anything? Any mods? Any dlls?[/quote]

huds, that's all I've downloaded related to tf2.

[quote=Doug] So, if I was in your place, the ban will probably disappear in a couple of days but it wouldn't hurt to contact Vitaliy.

Good luck.[/quote]
thanks I'll definitely contact him.

[quote=brownymaster]Expect an unban in about a week if you really didn't hack and don't have a virus (viruses can inject themselves into running programs and could cause an irreversible VAC ban).[/quote]
I'm pretty sure I dont have a viruses, so this is good to hear.

Thanks for the help guys :)[/quote]

If you run a virus scan only with antivirus, do one with [url=https://www.malwarebytes.org/]MBAM[/url] too, maybe it'll find something
1 Frags +

i remember someone getting a false vac ban on the previous tf2 forum and they got their ban reversed in a few days

i remember someone getting a false vac ban on the previous tf2 forum and they got their ban reversed in a few days
-10 Frags +

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW9rnorbByQ

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW9rnorbByQ[/youtube]
5 Frags +

Yea Aim getting past vac in MW2 is EZ. So what? That wont work on source engine games. Also Catgroove you can get a false positive if you hack in other non steam games but forget to completely stop the process before starting TF2. So if ur using a MMO hack (the only hacking thats not evil as shit.) turn it off before starting up TF2.

Yea Aim getting past vac in MW2 is EZ. So what? That wont work on source engine games. Also Catgroove you can get a false positive if you hack in other non steam games but forget to completely stop the process before starting TF2. So if ur using a MMO hack (the only hacking thats not evil as shit.) turn it off before starting up TF2.
-4 Frags +

omg cheater -steam forums

omg cheater -steam forums
1 Frags +

Good luck.

Good luck.
0 Frags +

i thought this thread was about op apologizing for being a fucking cheater
misleading title

i thought this thread was about op apologizing for being a fucking cheater
misleading title
2 Frags +

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▌
░░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▐ LE CUP HAS NEVER BEEN UNBANNED

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▌
░░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▐ LE CUP HAS NEVER BEEN UNBANNED
0 Frags +

You might not get a response even if they fix it

You might not get a response even if they fix it
1 Frags +
AndKennethYou might not get a response even if they fix it

you won't get a response that will tell you what you actually did beyond saying you hacked in game X

they won't do that for community bans :( and valve's core policy is to never ever talk about VAC or its workings

[quote=AndKenneth]You might not get a response even if they fix it[/quote]
you won't get a response that will tell you what you actually did beyond saying you hacked in game X

they won't do that for community bans :( and valve's core policy is to never ever talk about VAC or its workings
17 Frags +

Hi,

if you really was wrongfully vacbanned, there's nothing you can do... just wait, their system is automatic. Valve support wont answer you properly and the valve employes cant help you.

if you doubt i was realy vac banned:
www.vacbanned.com
http://steamcommunity.com/id/themajesty/

the final e-mail i receive from vitaliy <3

Hi Victor,

Our system is fully automatic, and I’m glad to hear that your infraction has been successfully removed (and our apologies for the error in the system in the first place).

As the note at the bottom of this article says [https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1203-WJCV-7019]

“If a round of VAC bans determined to have been issued incorrectly, they will be automatically reversed by our servers.”

We audit all waves and automatically reverse the mistakes for the affected accounts.

GL HF!

-Vitaliy

My ban was reversed within a week

Sorry for my favela english and good luck!

Hi,

if you really was wrongfully vacbanned, there's nothing you can do... just wait, their system is automatic. Valve support wont answer you properly and the valve employes cant help you.

if you doubt i was realy vac banned:
www.vacbanned.com
http://steamcommunity.com/id/themajesty/

the final e-mail i receive from vitaliy <3

Hi Victor,

Our system is fully automatic, and I’m glad to hear that your infraction has been successfully removed (and our apologies for the error in the system in the first place).

As the note at the bottom of this article says [https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1203-WJCV-7019]

“If a round of VAC bans determined to have been issued incorrectly, they will be automatically reversed by our servers.”

We audit all waves and automatically reverse the mistakes for the affected accounts.

GL HF!

-Vitaliy

My ban was reversed within a week

Sorry for my favela english and good luck!
0 Frags +

Have you ever sold an account before? I heard that sometimes accounts that share the same email can both get VAC'd if the other gets banned.

Have you ever sold an account before? I heard that sometimes accounts that share the same email can both get VAC'd if the other gets banned.
0 Frags +

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▌
░░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▐ LE CAT HAS BEEN BANNED

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▌
░░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▐ LE CAT HAS BEEN BANNED
-7 Frags +
CatgrooveSo I was scrimming with my open team and I got VAC banned after around 20ish minutes. I'm 100% sure i don't hack and the latest change i did was edit my interp

I messaged steam support and i got an automated response:

"If you have been VAC Banned, the ban will not be removed. "

So now im kinda wondering if anyone out there can help me out with this, is there anything I can do? If anyone has any experience with this I could use a point in the right direction.

I'm not a hacker and I just want to get this all cleared up. Thanks

Same thing happened to me a while ago. I just started spamming Valve with rage, and they lifted the ban.

[quote=Catgroove]So I was scrimming with my open team and I got VAC banned after around 20ish minutes. I'm 100% sure i don't hack and the latest change i did was edit my interp

I messaged steam support and i got an automated response:

"If you have been VAC Banned, the ban will not be removed. "

So now im kinda wondering if anyone out there can help me out with this, is there anything I can do? If anyone has any experience with this I could use a point in the right direction.

I'm not a hacker and I just want to get this all cleared up. Thanks[/quote]
Same thing happened to me a while ago. I just started spamming Valve with rage, and they lifted the ban.
2 Frags +

It's lookin' bleak, steam support responded with "Items can't be moved on a banned account" rather than answering the question why he was banned. rest in peace catgroove's main

It's lookin' bleak, steam support responded with "Items can't be moved on a banned account" rather than answering the question why he was banned. rest in peace catgroove's main
1 2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.