Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
HUD affects text batching
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

I used to use Notohud but recently switched to broselhud blue, and when I did it changed the way my combat text batching works. I have my batching window set to 2 seconds (the max) and it was set to this before I changed my HUD. But with my new HUD it seems to reset the window randomly. I know that doing damage to other players will also restart the batching but as far as I can tell there is no reason for the batching to reset

I guess I am just wondering if there is a HUD setting that can change this

I used to use Notohud but recently switched to broselhud blue, and when I did it changed the way my combat text batching works. I have my batching window set to 2 seconds (the max) and it was set to this before I changed my HUD. But with my new HUD it seems to reset the window randomly. I know that doing damage to other players will also restart the batching but as far as I can tell there is no reason for the batching to reset

I guess I am just wondering if there is a HUD setting that can change this
0 Frags +

HUDs should be capable of timing, animating and changing the appearance of damage text, but not the value that can be displayed. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem with broeselhud_blue found on github.

HUDs should be capable of timing, animating and changing the appearance of damage text, but not the value that can be displayed. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem with broeselhud_blue found on github.
0 Frags +

The only thing I can think of is delta_lifetime, which controls how long the damage text stays on your screen in seconds. Try messing with that value, to my knowledge there isn't any other hud value that could be changing batching, and I'm not even sure delta_lifetime does.

The only thing I can think of is delta_lifetime, which controls how long the damage text stays on your screen in seconds. Try messing with that value, to my knowledge there isn't any other hud value that could be changing batching, and I'm not even sure delta_lifetime does.
0 Frags +

I heard someone mentioning that batching seemed buggy to them after the update ~5 days ago, the window seemed to be smaller. Perhaps it's not your hud and you just coincidentally switched around the same time as the update hit.

I heard someone mentioning that batching seemed buggy to them after the update ~5 days ago, the window seemed to be smaller. Perhaps it's not your hud and you just coincidentally switched around the same time as the update hit.
3 Frags +

This is definitely not HUD related. Not even delta_lifetime affects this.

This is definitely not HUD related. Not even delta_lifetime affects this.
2 Frags +

I believe the January 27th update messed this up. Likely wasn't your hud.

I believe the January 27th update messed this up. Likely wasn't your hud.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.